Alamaze - New

Full Version: Game of Thrones?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I thought at one point there were 13 souls on that journey north.  It seemed that 4 flew back, plus the runner, and of course Jon made his solo escape so that makes 6 that came back?
Spoilers below.... warning

And where the hell did the zombies get 3 massive chains from?

And the wall is so close that Gendry can run all the way back to it, find a raven, have it fly to Dragonstone (2/3 of the continent away) and have the rescue squad fly back while the battle still rages?

WTF... I don't know if I blame Martin for being a lazy ass and not finishing his books or the show runners for such horrible plot mechanisms.
(08-21-2017, 11:19 AM)Calidor Wrote: [ -> ]Spoilers below....   warning

And the wall is so close that Gendry can run all the way back to it, find a raven, have it fly to Dragonstone (2/3 of the continent away) and have the rescue squad fly back while the battle still rages?

WTF... I don't know if I blame Martin for being a lazy ass and not finishing his books or the show runners for such horrible plot mechanisms.

And even if you suspend your disbelief on the White Walkers conveniently having massive dragon chains.... how exactly did skeletons drop down X number of feet in to freezing waters and wrap the chains around the beast's corpse to pull him out? Seriously... how do you wrap chains that huge around a dragon underwater when the skeletons that would be trying navigate underwater with anchors big enough to haul an aircraft carrier were falling apart from getting hit by a simple rock? Just have the dragon die on land or have a Walker Wizard cast a spell to raise him up out of the water but their version was simply ridiculous!

On a different note, my wife is already begging me to buy her that winter wrap Dani was wearing! Awesome!
(08-21-2017, 06:44 PM)IMPERIAL_TARK Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-21-2017, 11:19 AM)Calidor Wrote: [ -> ]Spoilers below....   warning

And even if you suspend your disbelief on the White Walkers conveniently having massive dragon chains.... how exactly did skeletons drop down X number of feet in to freezing waters and wrap the chains around the beast's corpse to pull him out?  Seriously... how do you wrap chains that huge around a dragon underwater when the skeletons that would be trying navigate underwater with anchors big enough to haul an aircraft carrier were falling apart from getting hit by a simple rock?  Just have the dragon die on land or have a Walker Wizard cast a spell to raise him up out of the water but their version was simply ridiculous!

On a different note, my wife is already begging me to buy her that winter wrap Dani was wearing!  Awesome!
I've noticed various minor errors in recent episodes (like the background not moving with the dragons, other nit picks, like somebody heard something but they left five minutes before that was said but I just let them go in favor of the overall fantastic series. 

I agree the last episode was somewhat disappointing, but now we wrap up the season so some of what I or we expected in the last two episodes surely must happen Sunday. 

Dragons have gotten big. 

So normally a season ends with a bang and a cliff hanger.  What's the cliff hanger?
If undead do not breath can undead dragons breath fire?
(08-22-2017, 02:18 AM)JonDoe Wrote: [ -> ]If undead do not breath can undead dragons breath fire?

No fire.  ice.
(08-21-2017, 10:51 AM)Wookie Panz Wrote: [ -> ]I thought at one point there were 13 souls on that journey north.  It seemed that 4 flew back, plus the runner, and of course Jon made his solo escape so that makes 6 that came back?

The Magnificent Seven and six red shirts.
(08-22-2017, 02:33 AM)Ry Vor Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-22-2017, 02:18 AM)JonDoe Wrote: [ -> ]If undead do not breath can undead dragons breath fire?

No fire.  ice.

I think the argument is that if the dead don't draw breath, then how would an undead dragon inhale to then exhale "whatever" it will "breathe" out? How would the dragon project anything outward from its mouth?
(08-22-2017, 05:45 PM)IMPERIAL_TARK Wrote: [ -> ]

No fire.  ice.

I think the argument is that if the dead don't draw breath, then how would an undead dragon inhale to then exhale "whatever" it will "breathe" out?  How would the dragon project anything outward from its mouth?

I don't think we can dive too deep on these fantastical elements.  You have to make some suppositions, like there are undead that see and run and reincarnate, black magic that can form a demon, dragons let alone undead dragons, etc.
(08-22-2017, 05:45 PM)IMPERIAL_TARK Wrote: [ -> ]

No fire.  ice.

I think the argument is that if the dead don't draw breath, then how would an undead dragon inhale to then exhale "whatever" it will "breathe" out? How would the dragon project anything outward from its mouth?

Maybe they reach into that place where they magically store the giant chains...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6