Alamaze - New

Full Version: 24 Hour Turnaround Game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Since game 5065 just finished, is anybody else ready to sign up for another fast game? I like the confluence (you have both kingdoms in a region) myself, but open to other suggestions. 6 players. Obviously I'm in. Who else?
In.

Happy to do Confederation, Confluence, or Primeval.
I am in for 45hr turn around with intent to submit quicker.

Another confluence would be great. One I do not pick last even better Smile
I'm in. Confluence sounds great.
I've never played in a Confluence game. My first thought is that some options are going to just be clearly inferior, no?

AN/NO, DE/AT, GN/HA for instance seem like challenges without sufficient magic.
The Gray Mouser isn't playing (still waiting for the Alliance last team), but I don't know that in Confluence Gnome and Halfling is that bad: sounds like a gold mine in a corner region where its unlikely someone is in Arcania and Gnome is the best magic after the wizard kingdoms.
In our last game both AN/NO and DE/AT were in the game. Both seemed strong enough. The good thing is though only 6 of the 10 regions will be picked so it is easy to avoid those perhaps bad combos if you choose.
In. Loved Confluence, but 24-45 hrs for time works for me if all good with all aothers
Not sure how you guys do the draft, but it might make sense to allow each team to do a redo - perhaps in the same order so the geography is balanced.  If the regions selected are known to all, its not needed. If its all published on the forum, it might indeed be almost an advantage to pick last when you know where everyone else is.
(10-26-2017, 10:06 PM)Ry Vor Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure how you guys do the draft, but it might make sense to allow each team to do a redo - perhaps in the same order so the geography is balanced.  If the regions selected are known to all, its not needed.  If its all published on the forum, it might indeed be almost an advantage to pick last when you know where everyone else is.
We wanted to keep the players anon so we had someone assist with the draft for us.  Very simple just random order and make a pick.  The next player knows what region is no longer available and makes a pick.   As you indicated it basically naturally leads itself to balancing out the regions.  In our last game the NE/CI went unselected because of how crowded the north would be but it easily could have been
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6