Alamaze - New

Full Version: Limited Forum Diplomacy - Game 5186
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Congrats to IT on the win:

Victory By Rex Is The Dark Elven Kingdom!
                           Game End Status Points

Place Kingdom    Player                Results-27  Grand Total

1     DA     Imperial Tark             16,065      21,915
          2     GN     Acererak                  12,105      19,904
          3     SO     DuPont                    11,115      17,593
          4     WA     Strongwill                 9,745      15,955
          5     NE     Calidor                    9,440      15,150
          6     SA     Wayde                      5,695      10,158
          7     DU     Eregnon the Black          4,000       8,775
          8     AN     Mad Hatter                 2,780       5,020

A bit of a frustrating end as you could see it coming from a mile away. It was obvious for several turns that the GN and DA were battling for the win.  Once the GN was blunted in Amberland (and the Sands) all signs pointed to the DA.  Just 2 turns back folks were saying that they didn't need help in Arcania or the Steppes. I was surprised by the speed at which the DA took down the GN in Arcania.  I tried to move my groups into the Steppes to stop him from taking the last piece of the puzzle but it was too little too late. 

A few turns back when the GN was pushing into Amberland I blindly tossed out some Domes on Avalon.  I am wondering if they stopped an attack or were just a waste of spells.

Anyone have final thoughts on the communication/NAP rules?

What do you think about allowing declared allies to speak secretly (via PM or Email)?  Or letting them speak each turn?

Acererak

(GN)

Ahhh, yea. I was surprised as well. I think I remembered that the DA has so many strengths in so many areas. Politically they are a major force, but of course also magically and covert. I was able to pop quite a bit of his emmy and whatnot with agents the last few turns. I killed a P5 in our battle, popped a P4 with an agent, killed a Fanatic 16 with an agent, killed his King the last turn, and kidnapped 2 barons and a Prince. But he got me to hostile in Arcania with spells and denigrates and I needed one more turn to take back one of the cities. At the crucial moment when he took Arcania I got a bad die roll with 24 influence, a Baron stirring unrest and a Count trying to usurp Esteria Vale. The DA gets a natural status quo so I assume that's why I failed (although according to the aids I had a more than good chance). So it was pretty close. Also just got a major skeleton on him this turn so next turn would have been much harder for him with a dead King as well.

Not taking anything away from Tark, well played and aggressiveness as usual wins the day. Congratulations! I seem to get 2nd place an awful lot but in this game it was my missed turn where the SA wiped out 3 of my P6+ that did me in. Can't miss a turn and get a major group wiped out late in the game. Oh well.

The Gnome is fun. Awesome magic and agents but again, if you compare to the DA he has the same plus better military and political. I think everyone would agree the DA is the most overpowered Kingdom in the game. There is essentially no weakness.

My agent corp at end:

Agent 17 Downward Spiral The Sorcerer village at UG in Runnimede.
Undertook a secret mission in area OA.

Agent 17 Erstwhile Youth The Dark Elven town at OR in Eastern Steppes.
Awaiting further orders.

Fanatic 17 Hidden Path The Sacred Order village at MK in Amberland.
Attempted a covert mission.

Agent 16 Gunner The Quick The Sacred Order village at OL in Amberland.
Attempted a covert mission.

Agent 15 Padfoot Six The Sacred Order town at PJ in Amberland.
Attempted a guard mission. Our current location is the
Sacred Order capital.

Agent 11 Duglar Maneater The Dark Elven town at RU in Synisvania.
Completed his assigned training.

Agent 11 Hallowed Halls The Gnome village at SG in Runnimede.
Attempted to guard prisoners.

I love the 3 turn communication on the forum. I like to think of it as sending a raven, takes time. I would say no to the declared allies being able to talk- UNLESS it was all in the forum?
Well, congrats to IT on this one. I was under the same impression that the Steppes were beyond his reach and that the GN was putting up a fight in Arcania, so declaring a NAP with him was a good choice for me (so I thought). After having to retreat to my cap at WZ following the RA early invasion and then the DA/GN invasion, I decided to stay put. I had enough gold and food but wasn't really wanting to come out and fight. I thought I'd let them fight and I'd look for US'. I wasn't having much luck so I thought I'd use the portal and mess the DU/SO in Oakendale. I was only up there for 2 turns by the time things ended. My goal in the end was simply not to drop....mission accomplished.
Congrats IT.. I too love the three turn communication.

I’ll take this one on the chin. I should have moved on IT but started a fight in R5. I had assurances from the NE but he just wouldn’t declare me, to free me up. I like the WA position, you need to move political several turns before you begin a fight, stuck in deep corner takes a few turns. I hesitated against DA because I was hoping the NE and SO would move in and start something. Played to cautious and sealed everyone’s fate. Great job IT.

Acererak

(10-22-2018, 12:30 PM)Calidor Wrote: [ -> ]Congrats to IT on the win:

Victory By Rex Is The Dark Elven Kingdom!
                           Game End Status Points

Place Kingdom    Player                Results-27  Grand Total

1     DA     Imperial Tark             16,065      21,915
          2     GN     Acererak                  12,105      19,904
          3     SO     DuPont                    11,115      17,593
          4     WA     Strongwill                 9,745      15,955
          5     NE     Calidor                    9,440      15,150
          6     SA     Wayde                      5,695      10,158
          7     DU     Eregnon the Black          4,000       8,775
          8     AN     Mad Hatter                 2,780       5,020

A bit of a frustrating end as you could see it coming from a mile away. It was obvious for several turns that the GN and DA were battling for the win.  Once the GN was blunted in Amberland (and the Sands) all signs pointed to the DA.  Just 2 turns back folks were saying that they didn't need help in Arcania or the Steppes. I was surprised by the speed at which the DA took down the GN in Arcania.  I tried to move my groups into the Steppes to stop him from taking the last piece of the puzzle but it was too little too late. 

A few turns back when the GN was pushing into Amberland I blindly tossed out some Domes on Avalon.  I am wondering if they stopped an attack or were just a waste of spells.

Anyone have final thoughts on the communication/NAP rules?

What do you think about allowing declared allies to speak secretly (via PM or Email)?  Or letting them speak each turn?

Yes, your dome prevented me from taking Avalon.
Congrats Tark. I watched the game unfold and could see what was happening and felt Tark did an excellent job you diverting eyes away from his march to victory. To me the AN agreeing to basically become a vassal was all the edge he needed. Sure he could have crushed him but not having to put up with the a constant thorn allowed him to focus forces where they could do more good.

As for DA being over powered. I agree the DA is basically second best in most everything. But it does have a cost. The DA cost more gold to do everything. Wizards, agents, troops. If the DA does not expand other kingdoms out grow them. Especially a kingdom like the GN. The bestest advantage the DA does have is the flexibility to mold into any type of kingdom and allow a player to play to there own strengths.
(10-22-2018, 06:41 PM)Draugr Wrote: [ -> ]Congrats Tark.  I watched the game unfold and could see what was happening and felt Tark did an excellent job you diverting eyes away from his march to victory.   To me the AN agreeing to basically become a vassal was all the edge he needed.  Sure he could have crushed him but not having to put up with the a constant thorn allowed him to focus forces where they could do more good.

As for DA being over powered.   I agree the DA is basically second best in most everything.  But it does have a cost.  The DA cost more gold to do everything.  Wizards, agents, troops.   If the DA does not expand other kingdoms out grow them.  Especially a kingdom like the GN.   The bestest advantage the DA does have is the flexibility to mold into any type of kingdom and allow a player to play to there own strengths.

Yeah, my dilemma was not knowing how close the DA was to winning in Arcania. I knew that letting him sit with 40% of the Steepes was going to hurt but I was hoping I had a few more turns before needing to intervene.  Lesson learned.  Next time someone even looks at a 3rd region they have to get immediately hit, and hard.
(10-22-2018, 06:41 PM)Draugr Wrote: [ -> ]Congrats Tark.  I watched the game unfold and could see what was happening and felt Tark did an excellent job you diverting eyes away from his march to victory.   To me the AN agreeing to basically become a vassal was all the edge he needed.  Sure he could have crushed him but not having to put up with the a constant thorn allowed him to focus forces where they could do more good.

As for DA being over powered.   I agree the DA is basically second best in most everything.  But it does have a cost.  The DA cost more gold to do everything.  Wizards, agents, troops.   If the DA does not expand other kingdoms out grow them.  Especially a kingdom like the GN.   The bestest advantage the DA does have is the flexibility to mold into any type of kingdom and allow a player to play to there own strengths.

Vassal??? I never vassaled in my life. I take offense to that good sir!!!!
(DU)

Congrats Tark. In my case, I happened to spot a large SO diplomatic force gathering at a town. It looked like he was either coming after me or the NE - I assumed it was me. I slept most of them, got a group there and took the town and captured several. It all would have worked, except it seems the DU, unlike other wizard kingdoms, does not actually have a hidden capital. Either that, or the glyph malfunctioned, as the SO found my capital quite easily, took it, and freed everybody. Things kind of went downhill from there.

He also had the GN helping him with denigrates in Torvale, but the demon I sent to visit the GN king proved quite satisfying, even if it didn't have much impact on the game.
I didn’t realize the NE didn’t get a hidden capital either. At least it was in the water.
Pages: 1 2