Alamaze - New

Full Version: GI Stomp ability - need clarification
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In game 5635 the GI forces opposed the DW forces in the mountains The DW forces had more than 5 brigades so they could not evade. The GI forces had two warlords as leaders and used the Stomp tactic in the attack.

Special Tactical Option: Stomp (use TAC 8). May only be used against opposing groups (not pop centers). Unique for our kingdom due to our towering size and girth, this special tactic will cause confusion and disorientation upon opposing forces resulting in chaos (unable to retreat easily, enables greater damage). This battle tactic resolves as the standard Determined Attack (TAC 3) thereafter. Requires Warlord as our commander

The DW forces used the Dwarven Tunnels & Traps tactic
Special Order: Dwarven Tunnels & Traps (Order #120, TAC 1), only may be issued in the Mountains. A successful withdraw of the Dwarven group will occur prior to combat unless the opposing group was issued a Determined Attack directive (TAC 3). If so, the opposing group will significantly suffer casualties from numerous Dwarven traps prior to being able to engage the Dwarves.

Based on the conditions of both special tactics I projected that the Dwarves would go into their tunnels and cause extra damage to the Giants, but the Giants would pursue, and the Stomp would result in the DW group being wiped.

The actual result was that the DWs diapered, and no battle took place. I need to know if this was the expected result and the documentation needs to be amended, or if the result should have been what I projected.

Perhaps Uncle Mike can offer his thoughts.
Special Tactical Option: Stomp (use TAC 8)

Special Order: Dwarven Tunnels & Traps (Order #120, TAC 1), only may be issued in the Mountains. A successful withdraw of the Dwarven group will occur prior to combat unless the opposing group was issued a Determined Attack directive (TAC 3)

Clearly the game coding only allows that only for a TAC3 attack would stop the Dwarven withdraw.

Should that TAC8 be included is a good question.