Alamaze - New

Full Version: Game Nearly Full
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Just in case anybody's not noticed, there's a game almost ready to go - 10/12 slots filled. Let's get the last two players and get this show on the road! Several of the new kingdoms are still free to be selected, including the Free Traders, Alchemist, and Elemeltelist!
(01-25-2023, 04:35 PM)DuPont Wrote: [ -> ]Just in case anybody's not noticed, there's a game almost ready to go - 10/12 slots filled. Let's get the last two players and get this show on the road! Several of the new kingdoms are still free to be selected, including the Free Traders, Alchemist, and Elemeltelist!

I could join it, but I'm not well-versed in it.
(01-25-2023, 05:30 PM)Maximus Dominus Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-25-2023, 04:35 PM)DuPont Wrote: [ -> ]Just in case anybody's not noticed, there's a game almost ready to go - 10/12 slots filled. Let's get the last two players and get this show on the road! Several of the new kingdoms are still free to be selected, including the Free Traders, Alchemist, and Elemeltelist!

I could join it, but I'm not well-versed in it.

Nothing quite like jumping into the water if you want to learn to swim!

uncledarkside2

Chivalry bonus for maximus.
Maximus, this is the best way to learn the game. If you wish, one of us could be your mentor and guide you through the first few turns and on into the rest of the game. It is a wonderful game, and I would like you to try it out if you want to be an active part of the game and write more meaningful articles.
(01-25-2023, 05:37 PM)DuPont Wrote: [ -> ]Nothing quite like jumping into the water if you want to learn to swim!

(01-25-2023, 10:16 PM)uncledarkside2 Wrote: [ -> ]Chivalry bonus for maximus.

(01-25-2023, 10:56 PM)Windstar2 Wrote: [ -> ]Maximus, this is the best way to learn the game. If you wish, one of us could be your mentor and guide you through the first few turns and on into the rest of the game. It is a wonderful game, and I would like you to try it out if you want to be an active part of the game and write more meaningful articles.

Very well, but I haven't joined it, already, as doing so will ensure a weak presence in the game - and that weakness can, and most likely will, be exploited by other kingdoms. It will cause an imbalance, as some (one or more) will basically have the automatic advantage of being near my kingdom. I'm not worried about being conquered or crushed like an egg shell. The advantage that some will gain by seizing my kingdom's assets quickly will then be used against other kingdoms. I wouldn't even describe my grasp of the military assets, themselves, as competent.

Also very likely, that my kingdom will go bankrupt. Things that experienced players of the game take for granted as a minimum level of ability and understanding, I am a long way from that.

Are there any special rules about this game that is forming, now, that I need to know about? Basically, I will be flying blind, for the most part, but regardless of what happens, it will be a learning experience for me, though it may be a disappointment to you, when my kingdom implodes or gets overrun in record time.
Done. I have joined the game in question.

I believe that makes twelve.
You won’t regret it.
OK, people, I am playing the Forgotten in this one. Feel free to post some advice, below, to help me to try and avoid utter disaster with this kingdom. All that you know, I do not know.

I'm certainly not ready for this, but alas, how could one be more forgotten than that?

Many opportunities will no doubt be lost to me. Chalk it up to a combination of inexperience, and a lack of having read the rulebook, yet.

I don't mind if you attack me. Just share some nuggets of game wisdom with me, and hopefully, I will recall them when I most need to.

Thanks, one and all!
(01-25-2023, 11:55 PM)DuPont Wrote: [ -> ]You won’t regret it.

Those words do not comfort me.
Pages: 1 2 3