Alamaze - New

Full Version: Discord Server inbound looking for input
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
All,

Putting together a discord sever for Alamaze. I have used them at the most basic level and looking for ideas others may have on what they want to see. 

John
I use Discord a ton and have brought people in to all my Alamaze team games.

What you will want to do it create some public channels such as a welcome area, announcements area, general, Games Forming. Maybe one for Tools where you can sticky important files.

Then for each game I think you should setup a private channel just for those players (I guess private/public could be debated)

Setup one General voice chat and then a few smaller channels that people can hop in to use like a huddle/conference room for their team.

You will want to have a few admins that you trust to maintain order.

As for bots, not sure if I know of any that would really be helpful for a game like Alamaze.
(05-09-2023, 09:56 PM)Calidor Wrote: [ -> ]I use Discord a ton and have brought people in to all my Alamaze team games.  

What you will want to do it create some public channels such as a welcome area, announcements area, general, Games Forming. Maybe one for Tools where you can sticky important files.

Then for each game I think you should setup a private channel just for those players (I guess private/public could be debated)

Setup one General voice chat and then a few smaller channels that people can hop in to use like a huddle/conference room for their team.

You will want to have a few admins that you trust to maintain order.

As for bots, not sure if I know of any that would really be helpful for a game like Alamaze.

Thank you
Guys here is the link to the new discord channel. I'm new to having a discord server, and had an expert from Fiverr set it up for me. Take a look around.

https://discord.gg/sV85SHnwnP
Unless I am missing it I do not see any voice channels.
Calidor,

Under *Game Area
Any user can create game. Watch the video to see how, I would recommend always making it a voice channel because voice channels can also be chat but not vice versa.
The syntax to create a channel under ACTIVE GAMES is as follows:
/createchannel name: (Put the name of the game you want here) typeSadtype voice or text) category: (choose Active Games from the list)

Watch the video or if still doesn't make sense I can help