Alamaze - New

Full Version: Weird Movies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(06-10-2015, 02:32 AM)Madmardigan Wrote: [ -> ][quote pid='29459' dateline='1433806957']
What about the dragon scene?  Did anyone else think that was poorly setup?  

[/quote]

All the masked guys had to do was throw their spears all at once when the dragon landed so instead of only 3 spears making their mark, the dragon would have been riddled with over 40 (and probably dead). But I'm more disappointed in the sullied. Aren't those guys supposed to be trained since birth for battle and so far, they have shown little in that regard. The previous scene of the sullied captain dying in an alleyway against several poorly armed (only a dagger), non-armored (only rags) clergymen who probably never fought before in their life was pretty pathetic. The look of relief on the captain's face when he saw the old guy arriving with a broadsword to save him made me snicker but they both died anyway against them. That scene was much worse than the dragon one.
I don't think the unsullied captain died.

I was thinking the dragon's hide would be tougher if they were winning wars with only a limited number of dragons.  Seemed easier to hurt than I expected.
(06-10-2015, 12:22 PM)unclemike Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-10-2015, 02:32 AM)Madmardigan Wrote: [ -> ][quote pid='29459' dateline='1433806957']
What about the dragon scene?  Did anyone else think that was poorly setup?  

All the masked guys had to do was throw their spears all at once when the dragon landed so instead of only 3 spears making their mark, the dragon would have been riddled with over 40 (and probably dead). But I'm more disappointed in the sullied. Aren't those guys supposed to be trained since birth for battle and so far, they have shown little in that regard. The previous scene of the sullied captain dying in an alleyway against several poorly armed (only a dagger), non-armored (only rags) clergymen who probably never fought before in their life was pretty pathetic. The look of relief on the captain's face when he saw the old guy arriving with a broadsword to save him made me snicker but they both died anyway against them. That scene was much worse than the dragon one.
[/quote]
Mike, you must have read my mind.  
And the big big question is ...  Who cam up with the idea to arm the unsullied with nothing but PIKES???  
(06-10-2015, 02:37 AM)Ry Vor Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-10-2015, 01:14 AM)Madmardigan Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-07-2015, 12:19 AM)Rogal Wrote: [ -> ]1)  Event Horizon: I am a huge Game Workshop fan and ex employee(not from the creative side) and this movie is a direct tie in to the warp and demons in the warp and warp travel. 
2) 13th Warrior: The best non DnD movie that is as close to DnD out there ( minus the hobbit).
3) I liked the Starship Trooper movie but it does have a lot of 3rd Reich over tones to it. (please do not judge me on my observations of this movie).
4) Inception:Fairly obvious ( I Think) are the overtones of what truly is reality and what is the reality of the mind vs reality of what is.
5) Dune: I hate reading, but I for some reason loved this movie and led me to read most of the books by Frank Herbert and his sons.  This also led me to play the Dune board game and all its official and unofficial expansions.  This game really reminds me of Alamaze and how different empires can work. If you play this game and have read the rules  of IX, The Tieliaxu, and the Lansraad, I really think this is what the potential Alamaze could become if you have players that really get in to the empire. 

Too late ... you have been judged  Big Grin

And if you think the movie Starship Troopers is strange, then try the book.  
Rogal, Event Horizon.  Not too familiar.  13th Warrior, very familiar, don't own it, don't know how it made this thread.  Very impressed with the idea that Inception is "fairly  obvious".  Reflecting.

I think I am going off the original thread idea here ... again...

I just downloaded The Sword and the Sorcerer and forgot how much fun it was.  

Rick - can we get a special three bladed sword artifact that then has the ability to shoot those blades at multiple adversaries???  Perhaps it could be a Ranger or UN artifact weapon.
And while I am here, has anyone ever seen Hawk the Slayer.... If only we could have Elves that fire arrows that fast   Cool
Loved Sword and the Sorcerer, and we were promised a second. Never heard of Hawk the Slayer.
If I was to pick a bow it would likely be the one from the old D&D cartoon the ranger had. Just just pull back where a string would be and a magic arrow is ready to go.
(06-14-2015, 03:44 AM)Jumpingfist Wrote: [ -> ]If I was to pick a bow it would likely be the one from the old D&D cartoon the ranger had.  Just just pull back where a string would be and a magic arrow is ready to go.

Yeah JF that was pretty cool.

Now all we need to do is give that bow to the Elf from Hawk The Slayer ...

60 magical arrows per second = death to red dragons everywhere  Tongue
While I'm at it...

The THREE BLADED sword
(06-14-2015, 05:46 AM)Madmardigan Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-14-2015, 03:44 AM)Jumpingfist Wrote: [ -> ]If I was to pick a bow it would likely be the one from the old D&D cartoon the ranger had.  Just just pull back where a string would be and a magic arrow is ready to go.

Yeah JF that was pretty cool.

Now all we need to do is give that bow to the Elf from Hawk The Slayer ...

60 magical arrows per second = death to red dragons everywhere  Tongue

2 thumbs up for the title Hawk the Slayer
(06-08-2015, 11:24 PM)Hawk_ Wrote: [ -> ]Not to hyjack the thread but did anyone else think the burning scene on GoT went in af a weird direction?

Just a strange version of Stannis IMO.

OK so now I felt better after things turned out that way for Stannis...
Pages: 1 2 3 4