Alamaze - New
Quick question - Printable Version

+- Alamaze - New (https://alamaze.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://alamaze.net/forum/forum-67.html)
+--- Forum: General Alamaze Discussion Area (https://alamaze.net/forum/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: Quick question (/thread-17309.html)

Quick question - Brekk - 07-17-2024

Honestly, I didn't use miners much before I stopped playing games. Can anyone answer these questions for me?

Mithril: Deposits only on Land or can they be on Sea Hexagons?

How long does it take for Mithril Miners to get to a Mithril Mine?

If at a Sea Hexagon is their anything special the Mithril Miners need to get to a Sea Hexagon?

If Mithril Miners are out Mining & another 50 Mithril Miners are recruited, do they stay at the Pop Center or do they join the other Miners?

How do you send Mithril Miners to a Mining Site?

RE: Quick question - davekuyk - 07-17-2024

(07-17-2024, 06:41 PM)Brekk Wrote: Honestly, I didn't use miners much before I stopped playing games. Can anyone answer these questions for me?

If at a Sea Hexagon is their anything special the Mithril Miners need to get to a Sea Hexagon?

If Mithril Miners are out Mining & another 50 Mithril Miners are recruited, do they stay at the Pop Center or do they join the other Miners?

I have found miners and mines to be very straightforward. I have seen mines on any square, including ones with a pop center or an encounter. Terrain seems to make no difference, i including sea terrain. Miners can move ten squares per turn (via order 352) and moves kinda like any other figure, with the main difference being that miners can be in the wild. They never show on any recon. I don't think they even show on relevation spell results. 

If you have 50 miners and you hire more, the new miners appear instantly wherever the other mines are. The location (and the name) the player defines in the order is ignored. For example, if you have 50 miners in area BD, and you hire 50 more at your capital (say it is at ZX), the next turn you will have 100 miners at BD. It appears you can order as many hire miners orders as you wish in a turn.

At times a "double ore" will appear. In such cases miners will collect double mithril each turn (50 miners collect 100 mithril).

That is what I have observed.

RE: Quick question - Brekk - 07-18-2024

(07-17-2024, 07:12 PM)davekuyk Wrote:
(07-17-2024, 06:41 PM)Brekk Wrote: Honestly, I didn't use miners much before I stopped playing games. Can anyone answer these questions for me?

I have found miners and mines to be very straightforward. I have seen mines on any square, including ones with a pop center or an encounter. Terrain seems to make no difference, i including sea terrain. Miners can move ten squares per turn (via order 352) and moves kinda like any other figure, with the main difference being that miners can be in the wild. They never show on any recon. I don't think they even show on relevation spell results. 

If you have 50 miners and you hire more, the new miners appear instantly wherever the other mines are. The location (and the name) the player defines in the order is ignored. For example, if you have 50 miners in area BD, and you hire 50 more at your capital (say it is at ZX), the next turn you will have 100 miners at BD. It appears you can order as many hire miners orders as you wish in a turn.

At times a "double ore" will appear. In such cases miners will collect double mithril each turn (50 miners collect 100 mithril).

That is what I have observed.

Thanks!

RE: Quick question - Ruingurth - 07-18-2024

I had a game where the mine appeared on my hidden capital!

R