Alamaze - New
Warlords Game 7070 - Printable Version

+- Alamaze - New (https://alamaze.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Alamaze Games (https://alamaze.net/forum/forum-49.html)
+--- Forum: Active Games (https://alamaze.net/forum/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: Warlords Game 7070 (/thread-17311.html)

Warlords Game 7070 - davekuyk - 07-20-2024

To the ones remaining in game 7070, I will be surrendering this turn. 

Lately, I have struggled to find the time to put together the turns. For this past one, I had a remarkably long and busy day (I work in software—look up the Crowdstrike incident), and I found myself with only twenty minutes to enter orders before the 7 p.m. deadline. This translated to about twenty orders total across three kingdoms, which likely showed in the results. Looking ahead to this weekend, with a road trip coming up, I will be in a similar bind to get in the next turn.

It was a fun game, and victory was close - perhaps a town away the past two turns - but I couldn't do quite enough vs the NE/LI/DK to close it out. I was caught in some key locations, and it is clear the tide has turned. Kudos to him!  While I could likely extend the game for some time, I believe the best option is to concede rather than string things out.

RE: Warlords Game 7070 - Strongwill - 07-20-2024

(07-20-2024, 12:44 AM)davekuyk Wrote: To the ones remaining in game 7070, I will be surrendering this turn. 

Lately, I have struggled to find the time to put together the turns. For this past one, I had a remarkably long and busy day (I work in software—look up the Crowdstrike incident), and I found myself with only twenty minutes to enter orders before the 7 p.m. deadline. This translated to about twenty orders total across three kingdoms, which likely showed in the results. Looking ahead to this weekend, with a road trip coming up, I will be in a similar bind to get in the next turn.

It was a fun game, and victory was close - perhaps a town away the past two turns - but I couldn't do quite enough vs the NE/LI/DK to close it out. I was caught in some key locations, and it is clear the tide has turned. Kudos to him!  While I could likely extend the game for some time, I believe the best option is to concede rather than string things out.

Dude almost the same thing in the other warlord we were in. I love the format but one or two screwed tuns because of Real Life, even something minor that just keeps you away from the computer. And it’s over for the most part. It’s definitely a format that can’t have any mistakes.

RE: Warlords Game 7070 - uncledarkseid - 07-20-2024

Retired people only

RE: Warlords Game 7070 - CosmicWizard - 07-21-2024

(07-20-2024, 09:46 AM)uncledarkseid Wrote: Retired people only

Maybe next time this format is used go with 1 week turnaround time? then have 7 days to get them done much less time pressure?
Yes this format requires much mor thought and time than even 3 individual games does due to the dynamics of it. Which to me is very appealing.
I do like the confederate format a ton also just 2 kingdoms.

RE: Warlords Game 7070 - uncledarkseid - 07-21-2024

(07-21-2024, 04:40 PM)CosmicWizard Wrote:
(07-20-2024, 09:46 AM)uncledarkseid Wrote: Retired people only

Maybe next time this format is used go with 1 week turnaround time? then have 7 days to get them done much less time pressure?
Yes this format requires much mor thought and time than even 3 individual games does due to the dynamics of it. Which to me is very appealing.
I do like the confederate format a ton also just 2 kingdoms.

One week would be nice..last one i was in was 48hr, blew me away

RE: Warlords Game 7070 - Strongwill - 07-21-2024

Agree, I’ll only play a week turnaround for warlords in future..Smile

RE: Warlords Game 7070 - Kellenved - 07-26-2024

Guess we're all agreed: one week turnaround is Warlord format going forward.

RE: Warlords Game 7070 - davekuyk - 07-26-2024

One week is nice if there is an issue. Two days is TYPICALLY fine with me, but things do occur.

BTW I want to stress I didn't concede 7070 because I had a rushed turn. I had a small window to victory and the DK/LI/NE player did the right things to keep me from it. He got my kingdom's information with revelation and acted on it quickly and decisively. I was very close with 7 regions and substantial for two straight turns, but I knew it was over after the second turn where I missed victory. Two of my kingdoms were paper tigers after the long war with the GN/AN/RD and they were quickly losing effectiveness after being caught by DK and NE groups.