Alamaze - New

Full Version: The 2021 Alamaze Championship Competition
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I didn't mean for it to be the order of choosing. I just put the numbers there to get a list of people. Once we get twelve then we can figure the order. I put eregon in 3 because he wrote that and I wasn't really thinking about it.
[quote pid='79902' dateline='1650118872']
[quote pid='79898' dateline='1650085335']

1 Gisgo
2 Pine Needle
3. Eregnon
[/quote]

[/quote]
Yes, I'm in for sure. I think last year's champ Wookie should get an auto entry, too. I'd be interested in some section method other than the snake draft, but I'm fine for whatever. I'll do some thinking as we likely have some time before we get a full game about an interesting region/kingdom selection method, but anybody else with ideas should chime in.
(04-16-2022, 06:43 PM)Pine Needle Wrote: [ -> ][quote pid='79902' dateline='1650118872']
[quote pid='79898' dateline='1650085335']

1 Gisgo
2 Pine Needle
3. Eregnon

[/quote]
Yes, I'm in for sure. I think last year's champ Wookie should get an auto entry, too. I'd be interested in some section method other than the snake draft, but I'm fine for whatever. I'll do some thinking as we likely have some time before we get a full game about an interesting region/kingdom selection method, but anybody else with ideas should chime in.
[/quote]

Thanks for the mention Pine.
Vball has helped with the draft in several of the past years.  How about asking him if would care to do it again?
(04-16-2022, 06:37 PM)Lt Gisgo Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't mean for it to be the order of choosing.  I just put the numbers there to get a list of people.  Once we get twelve then we can figure the order.  I put eregon in 3 because he wrote that and I wasn't really thinking about it.

No Worries. I'll throw my name in the hat too.

1 Gisgo
2 Pine Needle
3. Eregnon
4 Lord Garth
I would assume the order would either go by 1-3 (first place winners), 4-6 (2nd place winners), 7-9 (Third place winners), 1-10 (no idea). The winners should be sorted by total points the earned in game or random. The other option do by total points accumulated in all three games, and snake roll it. Just some ideas to get this rolling.
I am in and good for any location on the list.

HabeusCorpus
I'll play if I qualify.
Ry Vor already said you were. "Then any Alamaze Champion Emeritus personas, as well as reigning Champion of Alamaze, Wookie Panz." How can you have a championship without the reigning champion?
How about this?
There are 7 players with podium finishes. Add Wookie for 8. Remaining 4 slots to first come first served.
Randomize regions among the 12 entrants.

Then for kingdom choice, the top 3 in each qualifier get first choice of the kingdom(s) they podiumed in. (So I could choose the SO or AN) Gisgo would get first choice of the AM, but Garth could take it after (because of podium with the kingdom) if he didn't take DE.

If a podium finisher chose not to take that kingdom (with a random region already assigned), randomize kingdom pick order with the other entrants, then they could each pick from the remaining kingdoms left. So being a podium finisher gives some advantage (if your region is appropriate).Then gogogogogogo!!
(04-20-2022, 07:31 PM)Pine Needle Wrote: [ -> ]How about this?
There are 7 players with podium finishes. Add Wookie for 8. Remaining 4 slots to first come first served.
Randomize regions among the 12 entrants.

Then for kingdom choice, the top 3 in each qualifier get first choice of the kingdom(s) they podiumed in. (So I could choose the SO or AN) Gisgo would get first choice of the AM, but Garth could take it after (because of podium with the kingdom) if he didn't take DE.

If a podium finisher chose not to take that kingdom (with a random region already assigned), randomize kingdom pick order with the other entrants, then they could each pick from the remaining kingdoms left. So being a podium finisher gives some advantage (if your region is appropriate).Then gogogogogogo!!

Fine by me.  Anyone heard from Ry Vor recently?  I sent an email to the Gray Mouser this morning.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7