Alamaze - New

Full Version: Bitch / Gripes / Improvement Ideas...Share
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
I would like to start gathering game things that would be helpful.
Keep it positive and rate it from 1-10 with 10 being the least annoying thing for you and 1 being it feels like it's broken.
What I don't want is a bitch fest, then I can work to see what's easy to fix, what isn't, and lastly a priority.
Give ideas and later we can do polls.

1. Multiple wizards/leaders able to be moved in 1 order. - 7 (Im used to it)
2. Ability to dismiss a wizard or leader  - 4 (so many times would love to use)
3. Disband Army / Disband all troops from the army - 7 - (Useful tactic to free a group)
4. Order to add food/gold to simulate funds from PC conquering on a turn.  7 (I used to it)
5) 10 brigades only in a group- 7 (before new rules), -3 (under new rules). There are approximately 1 billion different brigades now, many recruitable only by one kingdom. Combine/eliminate some of the brigade types and allow more slots in each group.

6) Companion brigades starting as regular while popcenter brigades start as green -5. I can live with this, but it really punishes kingdoms with shitty companions. Doesn't make any logical sense either. These centaurs you recruited already did some fighting or training in the wild but the vikings did not? They both should be green. I think the companion lists need to be balanced, too, although making them green would balance this a bit.

7) Companion brigades with undefined benefits. -7 I think this could be balanced and simplified, too. Fix the existing companion abilities before making new types (cow out of barn here, I realize).

8) Flight being nerfed. -3 I don't see the competitive or logical reasons behind this. If you can fly, why would you have the same movement cost as peon marchers? E.g., value of a beholder brigade flying is almost zero. I suppose you could send one across the water to another group if the other group had no nearby swamp, but you're not attacking even a village with a single beholder. Makes the flying artifacts useless.
Exactly feedback looking for thanks you!
(05-30-2023, 09:46 PM)Pine Needle Wrote: [ -> ]5) 10 brigades only in a group- 7 (before new rules), -3 (under new rules). There are approximately 1 billion different brigades now, many recruitable only by one kingdom. Combine/eliminate some of the brigade types and allow more slots in each group.

6) Companion brigades starting as regular while popcenter brigades start as green -5. I can live with this, but it really punishes kingdoms with shitty companions. Doesn't make any logical sense either. These centaurs you recruited already did some fighting or training in the wild but the vikings did not? They both should be green. I think the companion lists need to be balanced, too, although making them green would balance this a bit.

7) Companion brigades with undefined benefits. -7 I think this could be balanced and simplified, too. Fix the existing companion abilities before making new types (cow out of barn here, I realize).

8) Flight being nerfed. -3 I don't see the competitive or logical reasons behind this. If you can fly, why would you have the same movement cost as peon marchers? E.g., value of a beholder brigade flying is almost zero. I suppose you could send one across the water to another group if the other group had no nearby swamp, but you're not attacking even a village with a single beholder. Makes the flying artifacts useless.

Pine took my answer but I think said it better than I could. Especially the part about 10 brig types in a group. I think either raise the cap or keep 10 and allow all training types in the same slot. So 2 Elite Paladins, 1 Vet and 1 Regular would all count as 1 slot. And now no more " Your brig wasn't promoted after all that fighting and blood and death and maiming because we don't have a free slot". Nobody likes that.
Also:

9) Evil Trait - Way too powerful. Plus Evil gets Trolls which are great. Sure they don't usually get Bounty but Evil is still the most overpowered trait in the game now. Suggest either trim it down, balance it with penalties like Devout, or do a Good trait or something. -7

10) While we are talking about companions, why do so many military kingdoms have the worst companion lists? SA - RA - NO - AT - CI all have just 3 companion types and many are capped at 3-5 brigs each. The UN, GN , FT, PI, NE, DU, HA and others all have better lists. -7
(05-31-2023, 01:54 AM)Lord Garth Wrote: [ -> ]9)  Evil Trait  - Way too powerful.  Plus Evil gets Trolls which are great.   Sure they don't usually get Bounty but Evil is still the most overpowered trait in the game now.  Suggest either trim it down, balance it with penalties like Devout, or do a Good trait or something.  -7

These days, I most just browse and read in silence. The comment above, however, nudges something within me to comment.

In real life, how powerful is evil? And how powerful is evil, relative to any or all other things?

I literally just woke up a few minutes ago, so my head is still a bit groggy, so please forgive my inability to articulate on the subject of evil while still in a state of being fairly tired. To me, evil is sui generis - it is something entirely in a glass in of its own. It is unique and peculiar, and thus far at least. Simultaneously, it seems to have no bounds, and tends to take infinite forms, for it is ever and always manifesting itself in ways that are exceptionally challenging to us. Evil has a repugnance all its own. It's powerful. It shakes us to our very core. From  my perspective, evil is not just a power all its own and in a class of its own. Quite literally, it is a super-power. True evil isn't just bad deed doers. There is a reason why we call evil, evil. Evil, in essence, is in a class all its own. For most, evil literally terrorizes us. Granted, many things terrorize our species, many things fill us with terror, which isn't exactly the same thing as evil. Terror is an elevated form of fear, a heightened and extreme form of fear. But evil is beyond even terror, beyond even horror. Indeed, both terror and horror are harbingers of something much, much worse. They are both harbingers of evil.

The great and eternal battle is what? Good versus evil, isn't it? Evil is even beyond catastrophe. Many natural disasters, for instance, can be life-threatening, or even extinction level events, but they aren't conscious evil.

My point for saying all of this is this - The lament is that the Evil trait is way too powerful. But that's just it, I think. Evil isn't some mere trinket. It's not just another mere trait. It's not just another run of the mill "ability," if you will. Evil is greater than the sum of its individual parts. Evil devours from both without and from within, simultaneously.
Keep them coming...
I for one love the evil trait... when I'm playing it, so I get what people are saying. Alamaze has so many cool things in it some just need to be balanced and that takes a little time. Evil trait just came on the "market" so to speak. Right now to be honest I am working mostly on new player cosmetics, doing actual code stuff will be a while yet.
By next week we should have a new forums and webpage up and running. I am contracting out for the forums it was more than I was capable of doing. I have finished all the kingdom portraits and write up and will start another thread with them for people to comment on.
Brekk,

Suggestion, add a new tab with a thread for each kingdom where we can add suggestions for each kingdom.

R
Nice!!!!
The rules document for Maelstrom seems to be missing from the forum. I am looking for the document titled 4th cycle: Maelstrom rules.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11