The Evil Reign of the Tyrant of Gor
“The Age of the Orc is at Hand”
Dawn of the 4th Cycle of Alamaze
The Damned Land of the Tyrant is a brutal and savage kingdom ruled by the Chief Thrall, comprising primarily of orcs but also including other savage races such as goblins, giants, trolls, and ogres. In this land, the belief in the survival of the fittest reigns supreme, where the weak perish while the strong rise to positions of power. The society of the Damned Land is steeped in darkness and malevolence. They embrace evil and relish in their warmongering ways. War itself is not merely a means to an end, it is their very purpose and goal. The kingdom thrives on chaos, violence, and the relentless pursuit of conquest.
While their tactics may be rudimentary, they are effective in their brutality. The warriors of the Damned Land are fierce and relentless, exhibiting little regard for honor or mercy. They overwhelm their enemies with sheer ferocity and ruthlessness, leaving devastation in their wake. However, despite their strength and aggression, the Damned Land is vulnerable to well-placed magical strikes. Their society lacks the finesse and sophistication in magic that other kingdoms possess, making them susceptible to the devastating power of destruction spells. Though even that will not stop them in their pursuit of the next war.
From Your Chief Thrall:
Great Tyrant, Alamaze is yours for the taking. We are stronger than any as this 3rd Cycle begins. Of course, we don’t want a major engagement against other military powers in ground of their choosing, and we may need to take some time to consolidate our widely separated forces, or else, make inroads in several regions. We have many strategic options, we must recruit our Companions wisely and as our economy allows. We have a surprise addition with a banished wizard having recently assumed wraith form pledged to our side, bolstering our otherwise suspect magic capabilities.
Specialized Traits For Our Kingdom:
The following traits provide special and unique bonuses for our kingdom. These effects are inherent and do not require specific action to enable unless otherwise specified in the section below.
|Cultural||Magic Vulnerability (Battle)|
- Evil: Only Evil kingdoms may summon undead if in spell lists. Undead brigades cannot become Elite. Undead brigades have a floor morale of 80 and cannot raise above 120. Damned, Skeletons, and Zombies may be summoned from pop center areas (not in wild only). Only Evil kingdoms may recruit Trolls. Brigade maintenance is -25% for Evil kingdoms. Only Evil kingdoms may have Nazgul, Wraith, or Lich figures. Evil kingdoms gain a pop center’s full production value in food and gold (not reduced by seasonal effects) when conquered. Rule of Law has cost of 0 for Evil kingdoms. Evil kingdoms start Hostile in all regions except for capital and second town regions. When an Evil kingdom first controls a particular region, all non-Evil kingdoms have their regional reactions changed to Hostile. If an Evil kingdom has control in a region with Loyal reactions, non-Evil kingdoms cannot improve their regional reaction there. An Evil kingdom may not enamor a region that is Loyal to any non-Evil kingdom. Agent training is -1,000 gold to a minimum of 1,000. Maximum agent training is +2 levels.
- Industrious: +10% food and gold production of all controlled popcenters. Increasing food/gold production or defenses at a popcenter costs 1,000 less gold per issuance (does not apply towards Dwarven special ability of improving defenses).
- Magic Susceptible Battle: Kingdom is vulnerable to combat magic and will receive +33% more damage than normal.
- Order: +2 to starting Influence. Controlled popcenters have 10 points intrinsic counter espionage in addition to any agent counter espionage, and intrinsic 2 points Maintain Status Quo (so the equivalent to a Provincial Governor maintaining status quo in a Tolerant region popcenter with 12 Influence). Magic research cost and agent training are +1,000 gold per level (i.e. a penalty due to the imposition of maintaining order).
- Ruthless: Cause Fear (-10% to morale of opposing groups or to popcenter defense). +2 points intrinsic status quo to controlled popcenters so about a Provincial Governor Maintaining Status Quo in a tolerant region. +10 points to Threaten (#180).
- Siege Engineering: Bonus to laying siege: a town (not cities or villages) can be sieged in two turns (instead of 3). Non-allied emissaries attempting to relocate from a population center under siege will undergo a 50% chance of capture and 70% upon the completion of a siege (normally 30%/50%). Towns and cities attacked (#150 or derivative orders like #160) by a kingdom with Siege Engineering have 10% subtracted from their defense. Any war machine(s) they possess will give +15% to base combat strength in attacks against pc’s.
- Spy Network: The kingdom has gone to lengths to establish a network of agents. Begins with an additional level 6 agent and level 3 agent at the capital. The cost for agent training is reduced by 20%.
- Trackers: Provides an intrinsic (no order required) level 4 agent recon of each active group area. Detects groups in ambush but not invisible groups. Can locate hidden sites if ending movement on them.
Special Rules For The Evil Reign of the Tyrant of Gor Kingdom:
- Terrain Adeptness: Advantage in Swamp, Disadvantage in Forest
- Magical Prowess: Substandard (Tier 5 of 7)
- Spells available earlier than prowess base: Chaos, Dispel Dome of Invulnerability, Imp Familiar
- Barrage Tactic (use TAC 6). May only be used against PC’s. Requires Siege Engineering trait, Marshal or higher (not stunned), and a Veteran or higher War Machine brigade. Attacker with Barrage gets 150% in both long and short range missile stages. Retreat as Standard Battle Plan.
- Night Attack (use TAC 5). Group vs. group attack. Requires a Marshal or better (not stunned), 2 or more Veteran or higher kingdom brigades, cannot be done in summer. Causes Fear (-10% morale for enemy in battle), enemy missile phases are at -75%, own missile phases are -33%, enemy leadership values reduced 33%, enemy retreat losses are x2, enemy characters have +10 points to death chance from battle. Retreat as TAC 2. Night attack is not valid against groups that attack our own at TAC 2 or higher (our attack converts to standard battle plan).
- Special Order: Equip Advanced Item (Barbed Maces) (Order #607, 500 mithril), barbed maces are an advanced weapon group attachment similar to forged improved weapons and cannot be traded. The barbed maces provide an extra 20% leader/wizard death effect during group combat. Equip barbed maces to group at kingdom-owned pc with forge. Group must have one or more brigades in group. Group must already be equipped with improved weapons or mithril weapons from forge (Order #605). Only able to equip improved weapons, mithril weapons, or advanced weapons to a group once on the same turn.
- Achieving our ESO grants an automatic bonus: Minor ESO includes a free Troll brigade and +1 influence. Achieving a Major ESO includes 2 free Troll brigades and +2 influence.
- Susceptible to battle magic (+33% damage from battle spells against your groups).
- Starts with a Power-4 Wraith wizard in its first group.
- Our kingdom has 6 groups available.
Your first group begins as your most powerful and important group. In addition, should you earn your Early Strategic Objective or qualify for an Appeal to the Gods (Epic Game only) there are possible awards that only go into your first group (see General Rules).
Early Strategic Objectives:
Enter your selections for the Early Strategic Objectives with your orders on turns 1 through 3. Use Order #991 and reference the instructions in the Official Rulebook. If you do not select any objectives, your kingdom will receive the default objectives listed below:
|Control a region||worth 2 points|
|Have 3+ Dukes (not Demon Princes/Consuls/King/Queen/Regent)||worth 1 point|
We are pursuing a MINOR ESO!
On turns 10 through 15, if our kingdom has achieved the above requirements to total 3 achievement points, we may claim awards worth 3 points!
This campaign has NORMAL victory conditions.
Therefore a kingdom may win via Rex (control 5+ regions) or by Lion’s Share (most status points at end of the game).
Skeletons In The Closet:
The following skeletons, if revealed, will have detrimental impact on your influence and on regional reaction in some regions.
|MAJOR||2056||The Queen Is A Shocking Sexual Deviant.|
|MINOR||1859||The King Has Astraphobia: He Greatly Fears Thunder.|
|MINOR||3101||The King, As A Youth Was Cowardly In Battle.|
Proficiency: Substandard (Tier 5 of 7)
Maximum assured Power level attainable: 6
(Spellcasters may attempt to research beyond the assured level, but may fail about 50% of the time, and the gold cost is still consumed)
Gold cost per research level: 12,000
(Plateau levels have additional cost. At 3rd level, +10,000 gold. At 5th level, +30,000 gold. At 7th level, +60,000 gold. For example, to increase a pwr-2 wizard to pwr-3, the cost is the gold-cost-per-research-level x level + plateau cost, or 46,000 gold. To reach 5th level, the cost is 90,000 gold. To reach 7th level, the cost is 144,000 gold.)
Level 0: Rite Of The Magi, Self Invisible, Wizard Assist Encounter
Level 1: Create Food, Light Of The Evening Star, Magic Research, Protect Heroes and Wizards, Raven Familiar, Stun Leader
Level 2: Bridge Of Mist, Create Gold, Fear, Lightning Attack, Shield, Speed, Ward
Level 3: Bridge Of Mist (Intrinsic), Diplomacy, Dispel Magic, Firestrike, Guarded Attack, Hidden Ore, Kill Leader/Wizard, Light Of The Evening Star (Intrinsic), Presence (Intrinsic), Reveal King’s Influence, Ship of Mist, Sleep, Strengthen Walls, Teleport Patrol, Teleport Self, Wind Storm
Level 4: Chaos, Conceal Emissary, Dire Wolf Familiar, Dispel Dome of Invulnerability, Dispel Storm at Sea, Flash Flood, Invisible Patrol, Lesser Masking, Mirror Image, Raise Population Center Census, Raise Zombies
Level 5: Command Tornado, Create Magical Item, Destroy Undead, Dispel Regional Effect, Greater Masking, Imp Familiar, Instant Self Teleport, Instant Summon Phantoms, Invisible Brigade, Protection from Regional Effect, Storm at Sea, Teleport Brigade, True Seeing, Wall of Flame, Ward Population Center
Level 6: Cold Darkness (Regional Effect), Curse, Dire Wolf Familiar (Intrinsic), Earthquake, Invisible Division, Summon Minotaurs, Summon Skeletons, Teleport Division
Level 7: Conjure Prestige, Conjure Scandal, Ice Torrent, Infuriate Populace, Invisible Army, Meteor Strike, Project Image Of Group, Raise Regional Census (Regional Effect), Revelation, Sacrifice, Summon Ghouls, Summon Rock Golems, Teleport Army, Transform to Nazgul, True Seeing (Intrinsic), Unveil Group Locations, Unveil Population Centers
Level 8: Augment Title, Chain Lightning, Charm Region, Demonic Visions (Regional Effect), Dome of Invulnerability, Enhance King’s Aura, Famine (Regional Effect), Plague (Regional Effect), Summon Specters, Summon Wights, Teleport Army Group, Wraith Form
Level 9: Prismatic Rays, Summon Death, Summon Demon, Summon Mummies, Transform to Lich
The Evil Reign of the Tyrant of Gor Military Dossier
Kingdom Brigade Description:
With more brigade types available than any kingdom, Tyrant forces can be custom built to suit their mission. There are five humanoid races available, plus other Companions. The Tyrant brigades themselves are a mix of humanoid races, relying on Goblins for missile power, Warg Riders for the cavalry element, Orcs and some Trolls to do the heavy lifting and to storm PC’s. Add Hill Giants, Trolls, Ogres, and Tyrant, we are a match for about anyone when in force.
Kingdom Brigade Ratings:
|LR Missile||SR Missile||Charge||1st Melee||2nd Melee||Combined||Storm (PC)||Defense|
|Above Average||Above Average||Good||Average||Above Average||Above Average||Average||Average|
Recruit Troops (Order #560), Recruit Companions (Order #565), or magically summoned brigades fight at their respective values for all kingdoms. They move according to the kingdom’s movement table. They consume food and gold at their respective rates. Groups at sea fight according to the fleet quantity and quality in the given sea.
Special Note: Flyers may be available for your kingdom through the Recruit Companions (Order #565) or as a Wizard Summoning Spell. All flying groups, either as natural flyers like Dragons or groups enhanced with special brigades/artifacts that bestow flying capabilities, are considered flying at all times. When specifying the group’s movement, all terrain costs are calculated as normally in your movement order (including when flying over water areas). However, flying groups whether they are all-natural flyers (e.g., all brigades of Griffons) or non-natural flyers (ground-based troops that gain flying by acquiring an artifact or by recruiting Giant Eagles) are checked throughout the turn if their situation changes. Flying status may be lost if the group no longer meets certain criteria such as losing division-sized status required by certain artifacts due to transferring troops between groups, combining groups together, or gaining additional troops through battle as what may occur with special troops like Zombies that eat the dead and grow in number. Or Lycanthrope that spreads among the injured on the battlefield and the group acquires new Lycan brigades. Another possibility to consider is if the group will receive any troop reinforcements, which occurs at certain intervals throughout the game. So, even though a ground-based, non-natural flying group may start the turn as a flyer, its status may change throughout the course of the game. A flying group that flys over or lands upon a water area may be issued any movement order (e.g., 720 and not required a sea movement order like 710).
Natural flyers are: Black/Red Dragons, Great Bats, Phoenixes, Specters, and Wyverns, as well as the new troop types of Air Elementals, Beholders, Chimeras, Cockatrices, Fairy Folk, Gargoyles, Giant Eagles, Griffons, Manticores, Mephits, Pixies, Rocs, and Sprites. Giant Eagles and Rocs are the only natural flyers capable of bestowing flight to ground-based troops. Artifacts that are capable of bestowing flight to others are: Great Red Bats of the Lost Caves, Green Dragon Mates, and the Last Herd of Winged Stallions. If a group consists of only natural-flyers or ground-based troops that become capable of flying, the following flight bonuses apply: +20% attack bonus vs pop centers, immune to Earthquake, Flash Flood, and Wall of Flame spells, patrol-sized groups have 32 (rather than 20) movement points (only for patrols of the Black Dragon, Red Dragon, and Fairy Folk kingdoms), may fly over water without a naval fleet being involved (may finish movement upon a water area), automatically performs a reconnaissance of the group’s location as a level 1 agent, and the flying group may not be flanked in battle (a special attack maneuver that certain kingdoms may perform).
Kingdom and Recruitable Troop Types (Food/Gold Amount Is Cost To Recruit):
|Type||ID||Food||Gold||Max Per Group||Notes|
|Tyrant||TY||N/A||N/A||Unlimited||Kingdom brigade, not recruitable but receive as reinforcements|
|Knights of Styx||KS||8,000||10,000||Unlimited||Recruit at pop center within Darkover (2), Krynn (4), Triumvia (5), Nyvaria (7), or Pellinor (9) and requires General and 1 Veteran brigade [Only permitted for evil kingdoms]|
|Mythians||MY||6,000||8,000||Unlimited||Recruit at pop center within Zanthia (6), The Sword Coast (8), Zamora (10), Mythgar (11), or The Untamed Lands (12) and requires General and 1 Veteran brigade|
|Northmen||NM||4,000||6,000||Unlimited||Recruit at pop center within The Crown Islands (1), Darkover (2), The Diamond Coast (3), Triumvia (5), or Stormgate (13) and requires Captain|
|Nyvarians||NY||4,000||6,000||Unlimited||Recruit at pop center within The Diamond Coast (3), Nyvaria (7), Pellinor (9), The Untamed Lands (12), or Stormgate (13)|
|Stormgate Guard||ST||10,000||10,000||Unlimited||Recruit at pop center within Stormgate (13) and requires General|
|Vikings||VI||6,000||9,000||Unlimited||Recruit at pop center within The Crown Islands (1), Darkover (2), or The Diamond Coast (3) and requires General and 1 Veteran brigade|
|Westmen||WE||4,000||6,000||Unlimited||Recruit at pop center within Krynn (4), Triumvia (5), Zanthia (6), The Sword Coast (8), or Stormgate (13) and requires Captain|
|Zamorans||ZA||4,000||6,000||Unlimited||Recruit at pop center within The Sword Coast (8), Pellinor (9), Zamora (10), Mythgar (11), The Untamed Lands (12), or Stormgate (13) and requires Captain|
|Companions (Order #565):|
|Goblins||GO||2,000||2,000||20||Recruit in wild (no pop center) in Plains, Forest, Mountains, Marsh terrain and requires Captain and 1 brigades|
|Hill Giants||HI||10,000||12,000||3||Recruit in wild (no pop center) in Mountains terrain and requires Marshal and 1 Elite brigade|
|Ogres||OG||6,000||12,000||5||Recruit in wild (no pop center) in Plains, Forest, Mountains terrain and requires General and 3 brigades|
|Orcs||OR||4,000||4,000||15||Recruit in wild (no pop center) in Plains, Forest, Mountains, Marsh terrain and requires Captain and 1 brigades|
|Swampmen||SW||4,000||4,000||10||Recruit in wild (no pop center) in Marsh terrain and requires Captain and 3 brigades|
|Trolls||TR||10,000||12,000||5||Recruit in wild (no pop center) in Forest, Mountains terrain and requires Marshal and 1 Veteran brigade|
|Uak Hai||UR||6,000||6,000||5||Recruit in wild (no pop center) in Plains, Mountains, Marsh, Desert terrain and 1 Veteran brigade|
|Wildlings||WL||4,000||6,000||10||Recruit in wild (no pop center) in Plains, Forest, Mountains terrain and requires Captain and 3 brigades|
|War Machines||WM||4,000||10,000||5||Recruit in wild (no pop center) in Forest terrain and requires General and 3 brigades|
|Warg Riders||WR||4,000||4,000||5||Recruit in wild (no pop center) in Plains terrain and requires General and 3 brigades|
|Summoned (By Spell):|
|Ghouls||GH||N/A||N/A||5||Summon in wild (no pop center) in Forest, Marsh terrain|
|Minotaurs||MI||N/A||N/A||5||Summon in wild (no pop center) in Forest, Mountains terrain|
|Mummies||MU||N/A||N/A||5||Summon in wild (no pop center) in Desert terrain|
|Phantoms (Flyer)||PT||N/A||N/A||5||Summon in any terrain|
|Rock Golems||RG||N/A||N/A||5||Summon in wild (no pop center) in Mountains terrain|
|Skeletons||SK||N/A||N/A||20||Summon in any terrain (including pop centers)|
|Specters (Flyer)||SP||N/A||N/A||7||Summon in wild (no pop center) in Plains, Forest, Mountains, Marsh, Desert terrain|
|Wights||WT||N/A||N/A||7||Summon in wild (no pop center) in Mountains terrain|
|Zombies||ZO||N/A||N/A||20||Summon in any terrain|
Resource Consumption per Brigade (Each Turn) [Being Evil Has -25% Incorporated]:
|Knights of Styx||2,025||2,025|
|Companions (Order #565):|
|Summoned (By Spell):|
Reinforcement Schedule (Receive As Kingdom Brigades):
Terrain Combat Adjustment:
|Terrain Type||Movement Point Cost||Movement (Ice Age)||Tyrant||Trait|
|Marsh||6.0||7.50||+10%||Advantage plus Lesser Masking|
Your intercept radius is 3 areas (for Order #732).