Dawn of the 4th Cycle of Alamaze
The Alchemist is a kingdom renowned for its relentless pursuit of scientific knowledge, particularly in the field of alchemy. In this society, alchemy reigns supreme as scholars dedicate their lives to the study of chemical compounds and their transformative properties. Through their mastery of alchemy, they have become inventors of wondrous and unique items, constantly pushing the boundaries of possibility. One of the kingdom’s greatest assets is their ability to transmute gold, which has led to a vibrant and prosperous economy. This alchemical prowess has made them a sought-after trading partner among neighboring kingdoms.
The alchemists of this realm have also discovered the secrets of gunpowder, a closely guarded secret known only to them. Harnessing this knowledge, they have developed explosives and muskets, granting them a significant advantage in warfare. Their weaponry is feared for its devastating impact, allowing them to dominate the battlefield. At the helm of this scientific realm is the Lead Researcher, an esteemed individual who guides the kingdom’s pursuit of knowledge. Their leadership and expertise drive the alchemists’ innovation and exploration, making them a respected authority figure among their peers.
The Experimental Studies of the Alchemist stands as a testament to the power of scientific discovery, and their inventions have far-reaching implications in both war and trade. Their quest for knowledge fuels their ambition, as they constantly seek new frontiers to conquer and mysteries to unravel.
The time, and so the land as well, in this intense swirl of activity in a world still with many unknowns has come to be called The Maelstrom, and The 4th Cycle of Alamaze!
From Your Lead Researcher:
Experimenting with chemical compounds enables us to develop unique items to aid us against others. Our ability to transmute certain resources into gold may provide the necessary funds to develop certain aspects of our kingdom. Gunpowder, a rare and valuable resource, is only available to our kingdom and may be used to manufacture unique items. All things considered, Lead Researcher, your opportunity for great glory is inevitable.
Specialized Traits For Our Kingdom:
The following traits provide special and unique bonuses for our kingdom. These effects are inherent and do not require specific action to enable unless otherwise specified in the section below.
- Forethought: Increases +2 standing orders allowed at onset, +1 per region controlled over standard. +3 (instead of +2) orders allowed over influence.
Special Rules For The Experimental Studies of the Alchemist Kingdom:
- Terrain Adeptness: Standard
- Magical Prowess: Supremacy (Tier 1 of 7)
- Spells available earlier than prowess base: Create Gold, Strengthen Walls, Summon Iron Golem
- Our kingdom has access to the full set of Summon Monster I-IX spells. These creatures are of standard caliber without any special abilities, though they are quite useful in combat.
- Only the Alchemist has access to the rare and valuable commodity, Gunpowder, which may be used to manufacture Explosive Devices and Fireworks
- Explosive Devices are used in combination with the Agent Sabotage Popcenter (Order #930), may use any number of explosive devices (specify quantity in last column), each device inflicts an additional 1,000 damage to pc defense, if saboteur is caught/killed, any explosive devices in possession will be returned to capital
- Special Order: Fireworks (Order #746, 150 gunpowder, only for Alchemist), increases group morale 8 pts, up to 120 morale, may occur at any map location with pc or in the wild, acts as a rest for the group (may not move or engage in other activity, group needs to be fed and paid, etc.)
- Special Order: Create Alchemist Item (Order #585, only for Alchemist): Explosive Device (250 gunpowder), inflicts additional 1,000 pc defense damage, use with Agent Sabotage Popcenter (Order #930). Healing Salve (5,000 food, 5,000 gold), removes attrition for all brigades in group by 5%. Poison Flask (1,000 food, 1,000 gold), damages another kingdom’s food supply by additional 10%, use with Agent Poison Food (Order #615) which does 20% food damage normally with each poison flask adding +10%. Preservation Jug (5,000 food, 5,000 gold), prevents all food spoilage that turn. Rejuvenation Cream (1,000 food, 1,000 gold), fully restores High Priestess health
- Special Order: Use Potion (Order #586, only for Alchemist): Use this order to activate a potion’s effects. For Healing Salve, specify group to heal their attrition. For Rejuvenation Cream, specify High Priestess name to restore her to full health. For Preservation Jug, no further information is needed to prevent food spoilage that turn. For Explosive Device and Poison Flask, these two items are automatically incorporated in the respective Agent Orders (#930 Sabotage Popcenter Defenses or #615 Poison Food Supply).
- Special Order: Transmute Rare Element (Order #212, only for Alchemist), convert mithril into gold (50:1), convert gunpowder into gold (20:1), reported under Trade And Other Sources
- Special building: Apothecary (10,000 food, only for Alchemist), necessary to create Healing Salve, Poison Flask, Preservation Jug, and Rejuvenation Cream
- Special building: Laboratory (10,000 gold, only for Alchemist), necessary to create Explosive Device, each building generates 100 gunpowder / turn, only one Laboratory per pc, if Alchemist loses control of pc, the building remains but does not generate gunpowder for other kingdoms
- Special Order: Equip Advanced Item (Muskets) (Order #607, 500 mithril), muskets are an advanced weapon group attachment similar to forged improved weapons and cannot be traded. The muskets provide an extra 20% leader/wizard death effect during group combat. Equip muskets to group at kingdom-owned pc with forge. Group must have one or more brigades in group. Group must already be equipped with improved weapons or mithril weapons from forge (Order #605). Only able to equip improved weapons, mithril weapons, or advanced weapons to a group once on the same turn.
- Alchemists may acquire Greek Fire (Seapower enhancement) at half cost
- Wizard capitals start with a significant boost to their defense than normal
Your first group begins as your most powerful and important group. In addition, should you earn your Early Strategic Objective or qualify for an Appeal to the Gods (Epic Game only) there are possible awards that only go into your first group (see General Rules).
The following skeletons, if revealed, will have detrimental impact on your influence and on regional reaction in some regions.
|MAJOR||2126||The King Has Hodophobia: He Is Terrified To Travel.|
|MINOR||5307||The King Has An Embarrassing Social Disease.|
|MINOR||9174||The King Is An Athiest.|
Proficiency: Supremacy (Tier 1 of 7)
Maximum assured Power level attainable: 9
(Spellcasters may attempt to research beyond the assured level, but may fail about 50% of the time, and the gold cost is still consumed)
Gold cost per research level: 7,000
(Plateau levels have additional cost. At 3rd level, +10,000 gold. At 5th level, +30,000 gold. At 7th level, +60,000 gold. For example, to increase a pwr-2 wizard to pwr-3, the cost is the gold-cost-per-research-level x level + plateau cost, or 31,000 gold. To reach 5th level, the cost is 65,000 gold. To reach 7th level, the cost is 109,000 gold.)
Level 0: Rite Of The Magi, Self Invisible, Wizard Assist Encounter
Level 1: Bridge Of Mist, Create Food, Create Gold, Diplomacy, Light Of The Evening Star, Lightning Attack, Magic Research, Protect Heroes and Wizards, Raven Familiar, Reveal King’s Influence, Shield, Speed, Stun Leader, Summon Monster I (Troglodyte), Ward
Level 2: Bridge Of Mist (Intrinsic), Dispel Magic, Dispel Storm at Sea, Fear, Fertile Fields, Firestrike, Guarded Attack, Heal, Kill Leader/Wizard, Lesser Masking, Light Of The Evening Star (Intrinsic), Ship of Mist, Strengthen Walls, Summon Monster II (Gnoll), Teleport Self, Valor
Level 3: Command Tornado, Conceal Emissary, Dispel Dome of Invulnerability, Dispel Regional Effect, Eagle Familiar, Flash Flood, Hidden Ore, Instant Self Teleport, Invisible Brigade, Mirror Image, Presence (Intrinsic), Protection from Regional Effect, Raise Population Center Census, Sleep, Storm at Sea, Summon Monster III (Owlbear), Teleport Patrol, True Seeing, Wall of Flame, Wind Storm
Level 4: Chaos, Destroy Undead, Earthquake, Greater Masking, Instant Summon Phantasmal Forces, Invisible Division, Project Image Of Group, Summon Minotaurs, Summon Monster IV (Gargoyle), Teleport Brigade
Level 5: Bounty (Regional Effect), Conjure Prestige, Create Magical Item, Ice Torrent, Infuriate Populace, Invisible Army, Meteor Strike, Raise Regional Census (Regional Effect), Summon Kraken, Summon Monster V (Manticore), Summon Rock Golems, Teleport Division, True Seeing (Intrinsic), Unveil Group Locations, Unveil Population Centers, Ward Population Center
Level 6: Augment Title, Blinding Light (Regional Effect), Chain Lightning, Charm Region, Conjure Scandal, Dome of Invulnerability, Enhance King’s Aura, Revelation, Simulacrum, Summon Death, Summon Monster VI (Ettin), Teleport Army
Level 7: Power Word Stun, Prismatic Rays, Summon Iron Golem, Summon Leviathan, Summon Monster VII (Umber Hulk), Teleport Army Group
Level 8: Crack The Sky, Incendiary Cloud, Summon Monster VIII (Gelatinous Cube)
Level 9: Arcane Disjunction, Disintegrate, Summon Monster IX (Shambling Mound)
The Experimental Studies of the Alchemist Military Dossier
Kingdom Brigade Description:
A balanced brigade, not heavily armed or armored. A good allotment of short bowmen, medium infantry equipped with spears and leather protection that have been trained to charge, a company of light horse. All in all, the Alchemist brigades would be considered average, and the kingdom is best served by adding its wide assortment of available Companions as well as summoned brigades.
Kingdom Brigade Ratings:
|LR Missile||SR Missile||Charge||1st Melee||2nd Melee||Combined||Storm (PC)||Defense|
Recruit Troops (Order #560), Recruit Companions (Order #565), or magically summoned brigades fight at their respective values for all kingdoms. They move according to the kingdom’s movement table. They consume food and gold at their respective rates. Groups at sea fight according to the fleet quantity and quality in the given sea.
Special Note: Flyers may be available for your kingdom through the Recruit Companions (Order #565) or as a Wizard Summoning Spell. All flying groups, either as natural flyers like Dragons or groups enhanced with special brigades/artifacts that bestow flying capabilities, are considered flying at all times. When specifying the group’s movement, all terrain costs are calculated as normally in your movement order (including when flying over water areas). However, flying groups whether they are all-natural flyers (e.g., all brigades of Griffons) or non-natural flyers (ground-based troops that gain flying by acquiring an artifact or by recruiting Giant Eagles) are checked throughout the turn if their situation changes. Flying status may be lost if the group no longer meets certain criteria such as losing division-sized status required by certain artifacts due to transferring troops between groups, combining groups together, or gaining additional troops through battle as what may occur with special troops like Zombies that eat the dead and grow in number. Or Lycanthrope that spreads among the injured on the battlefield and the group acquires new Lycan brigades. Another possibility to consider is if the group will receive any troop reinforcements, which occurs at certain intervals throughout the game. So, even though a ground-based, non-natural flying group may start the turn as a flyer, its status may change throughout the course of the game. A flying group that flys over or lands upon a water area may be issued any movement order (e.g., 720 and not required a sea movement order like 710).
Natural flyers are: Black/Red Dragons, Great Bats, Phoenixes, Specters, and Wyverns, as well as the new troop types of Air Elementals, Beholders, Chimeras, Cockatrices, Fairy Folk, Gargoyles, Giant Eagles, Griffons, Manticores, Mephits, Pixies, Rocs, and Sprites. Giant Eagles and Rocs are the only natural flyers capable of bestowing flight to ground-based troops. Artifacts that are capable of bestowing flight to others are: Great Red Bats of the Lost Caves, Green Dragon Mates, and the Last Herd of Winged Stallions. If a group consists of only natural-flyers or ground-based troops that become capable of flying, the following flight bonuses apply: +20% attack bonus vs pop centers, immune to Earthquake, Flash Flood, and Wall of Flame spells, patrol-sized groups have 32 (rather than 20) movement points (only for patrols of the Black Dragon, Red Dragon, and Fairy Folk kingdoms), may fly over water without a naval fleet being involved (may finish movement upon a water area), automatically performs a reconnaissance of the group’s location as a level 1 agent, and the flying group may not be flanked in battle (a special attack maneuver that certain kingdoms may perform).
Kingdom and Recruitable Troop Types (Food/Gold Amount Is Cost To Recruit):
|Type||ID||Food||Gold||Max Per Group||Notes|
|Alchemist||AL||N/A||N/A||Unlimited||Kingdom brigade, not recruitable but receive as reinforcements|
|Mythians||MY||6,000||8,000||Unlimited||Recruit at pop center within Zanthia (6), The Sword Coast (8), Zamora (10), Mythgar (11), or The Untamed Lands (12) and requires General and 1 Veteran brigade|
|Northmen||NM||4,000||6,000||Unlimited||Recruit at pop center within The Crown Islands (1), Darkover (2), The Diamond Coast (3), Triumvia (5), or Stormgate (13) and requires Captain|
|Nyvarians||NY||4,000||6,000||Unlimited||Recruit at pop center within The Diamond Coast (3), Nyvaria (7), Pellinor (9), The Untamed Lands (12), or Stormgate (13)|
|Paladins||PA||8,000||10,000||Unlimited||Recruit at pop center within Darkover (2), Krynn (4), Triumvia (5), Nyvaria (7), or Pellinor (9) and requires General and 1 Veteran brigade [Only permitted for non-evil kingdoms]|
|Stormgate Guard||ST||10,000||10,000||Unlimited||Recruit at pop center within Stormgate (13) and requires General|
|Vikings||VI||6,000||9,000||Unlimited||Recruit at pop center within The Crown Islands (1), Darkover (2), or The Diamond Coast (3) and requires General and 1 Veteran brigade|
|Westmen||WE||4,000||6,000||Unlimited||Recruit at pop center within Krynn (4), Triumvia (5), Zanthia (6), The Sword Coast (8), or Stormgate (13) and requires Captain|
|Zamorans||ZA||4,000||6,000||Unlimited||Recruit at pop center within The Sword Coast (8), Pellinor (9), Zamora (10), Mythgar (11), The Untamed Lands (12), or Stormgate (13) and requires Captain|
|Companions (Order #565):|
|Rohirrim||RO||4,000||8,000||5||Recruit in wild (no pop center) in Plains terrain and requires General and 1 Veteran brigade|
|Swampmen||SW||4,000||4,000||10||Recruit in wild (no pop center) in Marsh terrain and requires Captain and 3 brigades|
|Uak Hai||UR||6,000||6,000||5||Recruit in wild (no pop center) in Plains, Mountains, Marsh, Desert terrain and 1 Veteran brigade|
|Wildlings||WL||4,000||6,000||10||Recruit in wild (no pop center) in Plains, Forest, Mountains terrain and requires Captain and 3 brigades|
|Summoned (By Spell):|
|Ettins||ET||N/A||N/A||3||Summon in wild (no pop center) in Plains, Forest, Mountains, Marsh, Desert terrain|
|Gargoyles (Flyer)||GA||N/A||N/A||5||Summon in wild (no pop center) in Plains, Forest, Mountains, Marsh, Desert terrain|
|Gelatinous Cubes||GC||N/A||N/A||3||Summon in wild (no pop center) in Plains, Forest, Mountains, Marsh, Desert terrain|
|Gnolls||GL||N/A||N/A||10||Summon in wild (no pop center) in Plains, Forest, Mountains, Marsh, Desert terrain|
|Iron Golem||IG||N/A||N/A||1||Summon in wild (no pop center) in Mountains terrain|
|Manticores (Flyer)||MC||N/A||N/A||5||Summon in wild (no pop center) in Plains, Forest, Mountains, Marsh, Desert terrain|
|Minotaurs||MI||N/A||N/A||5||Summon in wild (no pop center) in Forest, Mountains terrain|
|Owlbears||OW||N/A||N/A||5||Summon in wild (no pop center) in Plains, Forest, Mountains, Marsh, Desert terrain|
|Phantasmal Force||PM||N/A||N/A||5||Summon in wild (no pop center) in any terrain|
|Rock Golems||RG||N/A||N/A||5||Summon in wild (no pop center) in Mountains terrain|
|Shambling Mounds||SM||N/A||N/A||3||Summon in wild (no pop center) in Plains, Forest, Mountains, Marsh, Desert terrain|
|Troglodytes||TG||N/A||N/A||10||Summon in wild (no pop center) in Plains, Forest, Mountains, Marsh, Desert terrain|
|Umber Hulks||UH||N/A||N/A||3||Summon in wild (no pop center) in Plains, Forest, Mountains, Marsh, Desert terrain|
Resource Consumption per Brigade (Each Turn):
|Companions (Order #565):|
|Summoned (By Spell):|
Reinforcement Schedule (Receive As Kingdom Brigades):
Terrain Combat Adjustment:
|Terrain Type||Movement Point Cost||Movement (Ice Age)||Alchemist||Trait|
Your intercept radius is 3 areas (for Order #732).