The Lost Assembly of the Forgotten
“All Will Know Us Now”
Dawn of the 4th Cycle of Alamaze
The grotesque failed results of countless arcane experiments, the Forgotten were those that were discarded and forsaken, but who have since found new strength in others of their kind. It was from these cruel experiments that the Forgotten developed immunity to the very magics that twisted them into what they are today. And it was through these grueling trials that the Forgotten learned to master these magics, bending it to their new wills. Led by the Lost Assembly, the Forgotten seek to rekindle their lost humanity and free the lands of those that once exiled them. Relying on their mutagenic strength, the Forgotten excel in overpowering their enemies with sheer numbers and striking from the shadows, by the time their foes recognize what descends upon them, it is already too late. Lurking among their ranks are the Beholders, monstrosities born from rituals best left forgotten. These terrifying beings gaze upon their prey with a myriad of soulless eyes, and from them pour ravaging beams of raw, wrathful energy. However, their greatest strength lies in their secrecy, as the various kingdoms of Alamaze have struck these poor souls from memory and from history, and so the Forgotten bolster their numbers and plan to ensure that their enemies’ mistakes will be ones they shall soon regret. For it is from the deep their pain wails, it is from the deep their strength grows, it is from the deep they shall rise
From Your Prime Minister:
The Forgotten are the result of failed wizard experimentation from a time long ago. No one knows how many are their number, but now, they have arisen from obscurity to lay claim to the realm. The Forgotten are not Evil, but many mistaken them as such due to their misshaped and grotesque forms. The Forgotten were ignored by all in the past, but not any longer. We will rule this land that have exiled us.
Specialized Traits For Our Kingdom:
The following traits provide special and unique bonuses for our kingdom. These effects are inherent and do not require specific action to enable unless otherwise specified in the section below.
|Cultural||Foreknowledge (Key Of The Gem)|
|Cultural||Foreknowledge (Key Of The Maker)|
|Cultural||Foreknowledge (Key Of The Slayer)|
|Cultural||Foreknowledge (Key Of The Staff)|
|Cultural||Magic Immunity (Death)|
|Cultural||Magic Immunity (Sleep)|
|Cultural||Magic Resistance (Battle)|
- Foreknowledge: Kingdom has the short name of one or more artifacts on setup. Varies by kingdom as to number and which specific artifacts.
- Healing: Gains the ability to reduce attrition to kingdom brigades (not entire group). Use Regenerate to heal up to 5% attrition to kingdom brigades. May only issue this regenerate order once per turn per group. An automatic Heal is performed at the end of the turn to all groups that reduces up to 3% attrition to kingdom brigades (no need to issue an order). Leaders and wizards that were killed in battle receive a special saving throw which gives a 33% chance of surviving their wounds instead of being killed.
- Magic Immune Death: Kingdom is completely immune to magical death effects. This consists of the kill leader/wizard spell, death spell, and the summon imp/demon/high demon spells.
- Magic Immune Sleep: Kingdom is completely immune to magical sleep effects. This includes the wizard sleep spell and consul sleep effect.
- Magic Resist Battle: Kingdom is 33% resistant to combat magic effects (e.g., firestrike, earthquake). If successful, no damage will be taken.
- Secretive: The kingdom begins with a hidden capital and an additional level 4 agent. On turn 0, the capital will be given a Glyph of Concealment. This magical effect is permanent and is not transferrable to another popcenter by any means (even if relocating the capital, the glyph stays at the former capital). Hidden popcenters will not be discovered when a group travels over them nor will they be revealed by a High Priestess divination. A hidden popcenter may only be discovered if a group ends movement upon it (not searching for popcenters) or by a level 4+ agent performing a single recon (#970) but not trail group (#691/971) or search for popcenters (#976).
Special Rules For The Lost Assembly of the Forgotten Kingdom:
- Terrain Adeptness: Standard
- Magical Prowess: Mastery (Tier 2 of 7)
- Spells available earlier than prowess base: Project Image of Group, Simulacrum
- Due to the result of being experimented upon by wizards throughout their lives, the magic prowess of The Forgotten is at the Mastery level, but their spell selection regarding the number of spells normally for the Mastery level are reduced (lack of learning spells due to their remoteness and isolation)
- Our twisted and deformed kind regenerates naturally and we have developed certain immunities and resistances to magical effects (see traits above)
- Beholder (Order #565 Recruit Companions) are exclusive for our kingdom. Contrived by the experimentation of a conclave of powerful mages, the Beholder is a deadly flying monstrosity that is feared among all. Beholders have multiple eye attacks (at pwr-2 level): Firestrike, Lightning Attack, Fear, Kill Wizard (random), and Stun Leader (5 total eye attacks). The Beholder’s eye attacks do not count towards limiting our wizards on singularity casting rules (e.g., only one Firestrike per target). Beholders are very weak in combat, and have poor defensive values. On turn 20+, the Beholder’s eye beams are more powerful (at pwr-5 level). Enlist a Beholder for its multiple eye beams that will rip through opposing forces that dare to confront them.
- Our political emissaries are at a disadvantage from the lack of engaging with others and have a -15% penalty when rebelling/usurping pop centers
- Due to surviving on their own, our agents get +15% bonus when stealing from others (food/gold/mithril/artifacts)
- Night Attack (use TAC 5). Group vs. group attack. Requires a Marshal or better (not stunned), 2 or more Veteran or higher kingdom brigades, cannot be done in summer. Causes Fear (-10% morale for enemy in battle), enemy missile phases are at -75%, own missile phases are -33%, enemy leadership values reduced 33%, enemy retreat losses are x2, enemy characters have +10 points to death chance from battle. Retreat as TAC 2. Night attack is not valid against groups that attack our own at TAC 2 or higher (our attack converts to standard battle plan).
- Starts with knowledge of all Artifact Keys in the campaign. Keys are necessary to access Quest-level artifacts, the most powerful items in the game.
- Starts with a Beholder in first group.
- The Forgotten have no Skeletons in the Closet.
Your first group begins as your most powerful and important group. In addition, should you earn your Early Strategic Objective or qualify for an Appeal to the Gods (Epic Game only) there are possible awards that only go into your first group (see General Rules).
Early Strategic Objectives:
Enter your selections for the Early Strategic Objectives with your orders on turns 1 through 3. Use Order #991 and reference the instructions in the Official Rulebook. If you do not select any objectives, your kingdom will receive the default objectives listed below:
|Control a region||worth 2 points|
|Have 3+ Dukes (not Demon Princes/Consuls/King/Queen/Regent)||worth 1 point|
We are pursuing a MINOR ESO!
On turns 10 through 15, if our kingdom has achieved the above requirements to total 3 achievement points, we may claim awards worth 3 points!
This campaign has NORMAL victory conditions.
Therefore a kingdom may win via Rex (control 5+ regions) or by Lion’s Share (most status points at end of the game).
Skeletons In The Closet:
Our kingdom has no Skeletons in the Closet.
Proficiency: Mastery (Tier 2 of 7)
Maximum assured Power level attainable: 7
(Spellcasters may attempt to research beyond the assured level, but may fail about 50% of the time, and the gold cost is still consumed)
Gold cost per research level: 8,000
(Plateau levels have additional cost. At 3rd level, +10,000 gold. At 5th level, +30,000 gold. At 7th level, +60,000 gold. For example, to increase a pwr-2 wizard to pwr-3, the cost is the gold-cost-per-research-level x level + plateau cost, or 34,000 gold. To reach 5th level, the cost is 70,000 gold. To reach 7th level, the cost is 116,000 gold.)
Level 0: Rite Of The Magi, Self Invisible, Wizard Assist Encounter
Level 1: Bridge Of Mist, Create Food, Create Gold, Diplomacy, Fear, Light Of The Evening Star, Lightning Attack, Magic Research, Protect Heroes and Wizards, Raven Familiar, Shield, Stun Leader, Valor, Ward
Level 2: Bridge Of Mist (Intrinsic), Dispel Magic, Firestrike, Guarded Attack, Heal, Invisible Patrol, Lesser Masking, Light Of The Evening Star (Intrinsic), Ship of Mist, Sleep, Speed, Teleport Self, Wind Storm
Level 3: Conceal Emissary, Dire Wolf Familiar, Dispel Dome of Invulnerability, Dispel Storm at Sea, Eagle Familiar, Fertile Fields, Flash Flood, Greater Masking, Hidden Ore, Instant Self Teleport, Kill Leader/Wizard, Mirror Image, Presence (Intrinsic), Raise Population Center Census, Strengthen Walls, Teleport Patrol
Level 4: Chaos, Command Tornado, Destroy Undead, Dispel Regional Effect, Instant Summon Phantasmal Forces, Invisible Brigade, Project Image Of Group, Protection from Regional Effect, True Seeing, Unveil Population Centers, Wall of Flame, Ward Population Center
Level 5: Create Magical Item, Dire Wolf Familiar (Intrinsic), Earthquake, Invisible Division, Summon Minotaurs, Summon Rock Golems, Teleport Brigade, Unveil Group Locations
Level 6: Bounty (Regional Effect), Conjure Prestige, Conjure Scandal, Dome of Invulnerability, Ice Torrent, Infuriate Populace, Invisible Army, Meteor Strike, Revelation, Simulacrum, Storm at Sea, Teleport Division, True Seeing (Intrinsic)
Level 7: Chain Lightning, Charm Region, Teleport Army
Level 8: Prismatic Rays, Teleport Army Group
Level 9: Incendiary Cloud
The Lost Assembly of the Forgotten Military Dossier
Kingdom Brigade Description:
Solid infantry force, capable military overall.
Kingdom Brigade Ratings:
|LR Missile||SR Missile||Charge||1st Melee||2nd Melee||Combined||Storm (PC)||Defense|
|Good||Above Average||Good||Good||Good||Good||Above Average||Above Average|
Recruit Troops (Order #560), Recruit Companions (Order #565), or magically summoned brigades fight at their respective values for all kingdoms. They move according to the kingdom’s movement table. They consume food and gold at their respective rates. Groups at sea fight according to the fleet quantity and quality in the given sea.
Special Note: Flyers may be available for your kingdom through the Recruit Companions (Order #565) or as a Wizard Summoning Spell. All flying groups, either as natural flyers like Dragons or groups enhanced with special brigades/artifacts that bestow flying capabilities, are considered flying at all times. When specifying the group’s movement, all terrain costs are calculated as normally in your movement order (including when flying over water areas). However, flying groups whether they are all-natural flyers (e.g., all brigades of Griffons) or non-natural flyers (ground-based troops that gain flying by acquiring an artifact or by recruiting Giant Eagles) are checked throughout the turn if their situation changes. Flying status may be lost if the group no longer meets certain criteria such as losing division-sized status required by certain artifacts due to transferring troops between groups, combining groups together, or gaining additional troops through battle as what may occur with special troops like Zombies that eat the dead and grow in number. Or Lycanthrope that spreads among the injured on the battlefield and the group acquires new Lycan brigades. Another possibility to consider is if the group will receive any troop reinforcements, which occurs at certain intervals throughout the game. So, even though a ground-based, non-natural flying group may start the turn as a flyer, its status may change throughout the course of the game. A flying group that flys over or lands upon a water area may be issued any movement order (e.g., 720 and not required a sea movement order like 710).
Natural flyers are: Black/Red Dragons, Great Bats, Phoenixes, Specters, and Wyverns, as well as the new troop types of Air Elementals, Beholders, Chimeras, Cockatrices, Fairy Folk, Gargoyles, Giant Eagles, Griffons, Manticores, Mephits, Pixies, Rocs, and Sprites. Giant Eagles and Rocs are the only natural flyers capable of bestowing flight to ground-based troops. Artifacts that are capable of bestowing flight to others are: Great Red Bats of the Lost Caves, Green Dragon Mates, and the Last Herd of Winged Stallions. If a group consists of only natural-flyers or ground-based troops that become capable of flying, the following flight bonuses apply: +20% attack bonus vs pop centers, immune to Earthquake, Flash Flood, and Wall of Flame spells, patrol-sized groups have 32 (rather than 20) movement points (only for patrols of the Black Dragon, Red Dragon, and Fairy Folk kingdoms), may fly over water without a naval fleet being involved (may finish movement upon a water area), automatically performs a reconnaissance of the group’s location as a level 1 agent, and the flying group may not be flanked in battle (a special attack maneuver that certain kingdoms may perform).
Kingdom and Recruitable Troop Types (Food/Gold Amount Is Cost To Recruit):
|Type||ID||Food||Gold||Max Per Group||Notes|
|Forgotten||FO||N/A||N/A||Unlimited||Kingdom brigade, not recruitable but receive as reinforcements|
|Mythians||MY||6,000||8,000||Unlimited||Recruit at pop center within Zanthia (6), The Sword Coast (8), Zamora (10), Mythgar (11), or The Untamed Lands (12) and requires General and 1 Veteran brigade|
|Northmen||NM||4,000||6,000||Unlimited||Recruit at pop center within The Crown Islands (1), Darkover (2), The Diamond Coast (3), Triumvia (5), or Stormgate (13) and requires Captain|
|Nyvarians||NY||4,000||6,000||Unlimited||Recruit at pop center within The Diamond Coast (3), Nyvaria (7), Pellinor (9), The Untamed Lands (12), or Stormgate (13)|
|Paladins||PA||8,000||10,000||Unlimited||Recruit at pop center within Darkover (2), Krynn (4), Triumvia (5), Nyvaria (7), or Pellinor (9) and requires General and 1 Veteran brigade [Only permitted for non-evil kingdoms]|
|Stormgate Guard||ST||10,000||10,000||Unlimited||Recruit at pop center within Stormgate (13) and requires General|
|Vikings||VI||6,000||9,000||Unlimited||Recruit at pop center within The Crown Islands (1), Darkover (2), or The Diamond Coast (3) and requires General and 1 Veteran brigade|
|Westmen||WE||4,000||6,000||Unlimited||Recruit at pop center within Krynn (4), Triumvia (5), Zanthia (6), The Sword Coast (8), or Stormgate (13) and requires Captain|
|Zamorans||ZA||4,000||6,000||Unlimited||Recruit at pop center within The Sword Coast (8), Pellinor (9), Zamora (10), Mythgar (11), The Untamed Lands (12), or Stormgate (13) and requires Captain|
|Companions (Order #565):|
|Beholder (Flyer)||BH||10,000||12,000||1||Recruit in wild (no pop center) in Marsh terrain and requires Marshal and 1 Veteran brigade|
|Chameleons||CH||3,000||3,000||5||Recruit in wild (no pop center) in Forest, Marsh, Desert terrain and requires General and 1 Veteran brigade|
|Swampmen||SW||4,000||4,000||10||Recruit in wild (no pop center) in Marsh terrain and requires Captain and 3 brigades|
|Summoned (By Spell):|
|Minotaurs||MI||N/A||N/A||5||Summon in wild (no pop center) in Forest, Mountains terrain|
|Phantasmal Force||PM||N/A||N/A||5||Summon in wild (no pop center) in any terrain|
|Rock Golems||RG||N/A||N/A||5||Summon in wild (no pop center) in Mountains terrain|
Resource Consumption per Brigade (Each Turn):
|Companions (Order #565):|
|Summoned (By Spell):|
Reinforcement Schedule (Receive As Kingdom Brigades):
Terrain Combat Adjustment:
|Terrain Type||Movement Point Cost||Movement (Ice Age)||Forgotten||Trait|
Your intercept radius is 3 areas (for Order #732).