The DEMON PRINCES
The Seven Hells of the Demon Princes
“To The Strong, Everything!”
Dawn of the 4th Cycle of Alamaze
The Seven Hells of the Demon Princes stand as a sinister kingdom, ruled by powerful and malevolent entities possessing a vast array of wicked and cruel abilities. Regarded as adversaries by most of the world, their continued existence despite countless enemies is a testament to their immense greatness. Rather than directly ruling their kingdom, the Demon Princes delegate the task to mortal stewards, who are led by a mortal King. This arrangement allows the Demon Princes to focus their efforts on expanding their power and spreading their dark influence, unhindered by the mundane responsibilities of governance.
While the military might of the nation may not be impressive, it would be a grave mistake to underestimate them. Anyone foolish enough to provoke the wrath of the Demon Princes would face the terrifying might of their legion of powerful wizards. These sorcerous practitioners are masters of dark and forbidden magics, capable of unleashing devastating spells upon their foes. Above the Demon Princes, an Overlord holds dominion, serving as the ultimate authority within their realm. Their shadowy presence looms over the kingdom, ensuring obedience and loyalty from both mortal subjects and demon progeny alike.
From Your First Apostle Of Hell:
Supplanting the Witchlord as the most dreaded adversary imaginable are the Demon Princes. Armed with an array of special powers and carrying the full political weight of a prince, they are indeed formidable in the extreme. However, many kingdoms may unite to squelch your drive to dominance. In addition, most regions begin initially hostile or at best, suspicious. Aside from the numerous wizards, the military is not impressive, but is cheap to maintain. If somehow you could line up allies or win influence on the high council, it will make your task of controlling cities much easier. Your mortal king must be protected, for his administration will directly affect the power of the Demons themselves.
Specialized Traits For Our Kingdom:
The following traits provide special and unique bonuses for our kingdom. These effects are inherent and do not require specific action to enable unless otherwise specified in the section below.
|Cultural||Magic Immunity (Sleep)|
- Evil: Only Evil kingdoms may summon undead if in spell lists. Undead brigades cannot become Elite. Undead brigades have a floor morale of 80 and cannot raise above 120. Damned, Skeletons, and Zombies may be summoned from pop center areas (not in wild only). Only Evil kingdoms may recruit Trolls. Brigade maintenance is -25% for Evil kingdoms. Only Evil kingdoms may have Nazgul, Wraith, or Lich figures. Evil kingdoms gain a pop center’s full production value in food and gold (not reduced by seasonal effects) when conquered. Rule of Law has cost of 0 for Evil kingdoms. Evil kingdoms start Hostile in all regions except for capital and second town regions. When an Evil kingdom first controls a particular region, all non-Evil kingdoms have their regional reactions changed to Hostile. If an Evil kingdom has control in a region with Loyal reactions, non-Evil kingdoms cannot improve their regional reaction there. An Evil kingdom may not enamor a region that is Loyal to any non-Evil kingdom. Agent training is -1,000 gold to a minimum of 1,000. Maximum agent training is +2 levels.
- Magic Immune Sleep: Kingdom is completely immune to magical sleep effects. This includes the wizard sleep spell and consul sleep effect.
- Ruthless: Cause Fear (-10% to morale of opposing groups or to popcenter defense). +2 points intrinsic status quo to controlled popcenters so about a Provincial Governor Maintaining Status Quo in a tolerant region. +10 points to Threaten (#180).
- Secretive: The kingdom begins with a hidden capital and an additional level 4 agent. On turn 0, the capital will be given a Glyph of Concealment. This magical effect is permanent and is not transferrable to another popcenter by any means (even if relocating the capital, the glyph stays at the former capital). Hidden popcenters will not be discovered when a group travels over them nor will they be revealed by a High Priestess divination. A hidden popcenter may only be discovered if a group ends movement upon it (not searching for popcenters) or by a level 4+ agent performing a single recon (#970) but not trail group (#691/971) or search for popcenters (#976).
Special Rules For The Seven Hells of the Demon Princes Kingdom:
- Terrain Adeptness: Standard
- Magical Prowess: Advantaged (Tier 3 of 7)
- Spells available earlier than prowess base: Crack The Sky, Demonic Visions, Dome of Invulnerability, Infuriate Populace, Summon Demon, Summon High Demon, Summon Specters, Transform to Lich
- The Demon Princes have many special abilities perhaps, more than any other kingdom. The Demon Princes allow a mortal steward to administer the affairs of the kingdom, who bears the title of King or Queen. This person functions in the same way as other rulers. However, if our ruler is assassinated or kidnapped, and our kingdom does not have a human Prince or Princess to assume command, one of our majestic Demon Princes will be forced to take control of our kingdom. When doing so, all special abilities of being a Demon Prince become inactive. So, it is in our best interests if we enlist a number of human Princes or Princesses to protect our Demonic Princes from such an ordeal.
- The Demon Princes may perform any of the missions for political emissaries exactly as a Prince would, and at the same level of political effectiveness.
- Gate (Order #351, 2,000 gold). Demon Princes may relocate into another pop center anywhere on the map. Gating has no range restriction. The Demon Prince will not be blocked by military groups at the pop center when relocating through this manner.
- Demon Princes are not subject to the effects of magical Sleep. This immunity applies for all figures (emissary, priestess, agent) of the Demon Princes kingdom.
- Sleep (Order #306, 0 gold). Demon Princes may cast sleep upon other emissaries, priestesses, or agents with 70% effectiveness. The sleep will incapacitate the target (unable to carry out their directive for the turn). Keep in mind that there are protective magics and artifacts that may prevent the target from being slept. This ability counts as the demon’s sole action for the turn.
- Demon Princes will be captured upon the military conquest of the pop center that they are located only 25% (rather than 50%) of the time.
- Demon Princes control people through fear and magic. As such, regional reactions for the Demon Princes is never worse than halfway between Tolerant and Suspicious when they undertake political orders. This benefit is automatic and requires no further action to enable for the Demon Princes.
- The Demon Princes have difficulty raising their influence above a certain level. After their influence reaches 18, subsequent orders to raise influence (Order #480) will have only a 66% chance of succeeding, although gold will still be consumed. On the other hand, their influence will never be reduced below 11, no matter what actions other kingdoms take. As scandal is not relevant to the Demon Princes due to their completely evil nature, they have no Skeletons in the Closet.
- Regional Submission (Order #283, 3,000 gold). This ability allows a Demon Prince to temporarily improve the regional reaction of the populace in the region in which he is located by one level. The effect lasts for the current turn only. A further condition for this special ability to be activated is that the Demon Princes must control at least one population center in the region. The regional reaction cannot be improved beyond Friendly. More than one Demon Prince may give this order in the same turn if desired, and if they are in the same region the effects are cumulative.
- Demonic Denigration (Order # 273, 3,000 gold). This order is similar to the Regional Submission power, however demonic denigration results in a one turn reduction of the target king’s reaction by half a level in the region the Demon Prince is located. The effect lasts for the current turn only. A further condition for this special ability to be activated is that the Demon Princes must control at least one population center in the region. The effects are cumulative if more than one Demon Prince issues the order in the same region, with the same target kingdom. This is known to hinder other kingdom’s diplomacy efforts (Orders #170,171) the following turn.
- Raise Dead (Order #563, 0 gold). This special ability allows a Demon Prince to summon a brigade of Skeleton troops to join their group. A Demon Prince needs to be located in the same area as the receiving group (or capital if an inactive group will receive the troops). All three (or four) Demon Princes may issue this command to the same group if desired. There are two restrictions: no Skeletons may be summoned prior to turn 4, and the limit on the maximum number of Skeleton brigades per group applies (max 20 per group).
- Transmute Damned to Zombie (Order #551, 0 gold). This order will convert a brigade of Damned troops into becoming a brigade of Zombie troops. Zombie brigades created by this order will be of Green experience level, and this order cannot bring the group total to be over 20 Zombie brigades. The advantage of having the more advanced Zombie troops is their special ability to eat the dead on the battlefield, which increases the number of Zombie brigades in the group (up to their maximum). The additional Zombie brigades join the group at no cost and are automatically done by the peculiar nature of the Zombie troops.
- Special Order: Equip Advanced Item (Voodoo Dolls) (Order #607, 500 mithril), voodoo dolls are an advanced weapon group attachment similar to forged improved weapons and cannot be traded. The voodoo dolls provide an extra 20% leader/wizard death effect during group combat. Equip voodoo dolls to group at kingdom-owned pc with forge (to smelt and extract the magical properties of the mithril). Group must have one or more brigades in group. Group must already be equipped with improved weapons or mithril weapons from forge (Order #605). Only able to equip improved weapons, mithril weapons, or advanced weapons to a group once on the same turn.
- All three of our Demon Princes start the game as being Immortal.
Your first group begins as your most powerful and important group. In addition, should you earn your Early Strategic Objective or qualify for an Appeal to the Gods (Epic Game only) there are possible awards that only go into your first group (see General Rules).
Early Strategic Objectives:
Enter your selections for the Early Strategic Objectives with your orders on turns 1 through 3. Use Order #991 and reference the instructions in the Official Rulebook. If you do not select any objectives, your kingdom will receive the default objectives listed below:
|Control a region||worth 2 points|
|Have 3+ Dukes (not Demon Princes/Consuls/King/Queen/Regent)||worth 1 point|
We are pursuing a MINOR ESO!
On turns 10 through 15, if our kingdom has achieved the above requirements to total 3 achievement points, we may claim awards worth 3 points!
This campaign has NORMAL victory conditions.
Therefore a kingdom may win via Rex (control 5+ regions) or by Lion’s Share (most status points at end of the game).
Skeletons In The Closet:
Our kingdom has no Skeletons in the Closet.
Proficiency: Advantage (Tier 3 of 7)
Maximum assured Power level attainable: 9 (includes +2 levels from Immortal)
(Spellcasters may attempt to research beyond the assured level, but may fail about 50% of the time, and the gold cost is still consumed)
Gold cost per research level: 9,000
(Plateau levels have additional cost. At 3rd level, +10,000 gold. At 5th level, +30,000 gold. At 7th level, +60,000 gold. For example, to increase a pwr-2 wizard to pwr-3, the cost is the gold-cost-per-research-level x level + plateau cost, or 37,000 gold. To reach 5th level, the cost is 75,000 gold. To reach 7th level, the cost is 123,000 gold.)
Level 0: Rite Of The Magi, Self Invisible, Wizard Assist Encounter
Level 1: Create Food, Light Of The Evening Star, Lightning Attack, Magic Research, Protect Heroes and Wizards, Raven Familiar, Stun Leader, Valor
Level 2: Bridge Of Mist, Create Gold, Diplomacy, Fear, Firestrike, Guarded Attack, Kill Leader/Wizard, Light Of The Evening Star (Intrinsic), Reveal King’s Influence, Shield, Sleep, Speed, Ward
Level 3: Bridge Of Mist (Intrinsic), Conceal Emissary, Dire Wolf Familiar, Dispel Magic, Dispel Storm at Sea, Fertile Fields, Hidden Ore, Invisible Patrol, Mirror Image, Presence (Intrinsic), Ship of Mist, Strengthen Walls, Teleport Self, Wind Storm
Level 4: Chaos, Command Tornado, Dispel Dome of Invulnerability, Dispel Regional Effect, Flash Flood, Instant Self Teleport, Invisible Brigade, Lesser Masking, Protection from Regional Effect, Raise Population Center Census, Raise Zombies, Storm at Sea, Teleport Patrol, True Seeing, Wall of Flame, Ward Population Center
Level 5: Cold Darkness (Regional Effect), Create Magical Item, Curse, Demonic Visions (Regional Effect), Destroy Undead, Earthquake, Greater Masking, Imp Familiar, Instant Summon Phantoms, Invisible Division, Summon Minotaurs, Summon Skeletons, Teleport Brigade, Transform to Nazgul
Level 6: Conjure Prestige, Dome of Invulnerability, Ice Torrent, Infuriate Populace, Invisible Army, Project Image Of Group, Raise Regional Census (Regional Effect), Revelation, Sacrifice, Summon Demon, Summon Ghouls, Summon Kraken, Summon Rock Golems, Summon Specters, Teleport Division, True Seeing (Intrinsic), Unveil Group Locations, Unveil Population Centers, Wraith Form
Level 7: Augment Title, Chain Lightning, Charm Region, Conjure Scandal, Enhance King’s Aura, Famine (Regional Effect), Meteor Strike, Plague (Regional Effect), Summon Wights, Teleport Army, Transform to Nazgul
Level 8: Crack The Sky, Power Word Stun, Prismatic Rays, Simulacrum, Summon Death, Summon High Demon, Summon Leviathan, Summon Mummies, Teleport Army Group
Level 9: Incendiary Cloud, Summon Iron Golem
The Seven Hells of the Demon Princes Military Dossier
Kingdom Brigade Description:
Mainly light, slightly crazed troops. They are acceptable in combat and have a surprisingly good charge accompanied by a shriek from hell. Skeleton brigades and other summoned troops may become more important for the military than are kingdom brigades.
Kingdom Brigade Ratings:
|LR Missile||SR Missile||Charge||1st Melee||2nd Melee||Combined||Storm (PC)||Defense|
Recruit Troops (Order #560), Recruit Companions (Order #565), or magically summoned brigades fight at their respective values for all kingdoms. They move according to the kingdom’s movement table. They consume food and gold at their respective rates. Groups at sea fight according to the fleet quantity and quality in the given sea.
Special Note: Flyers may be available for your kingdom through the Recruit Companions (Order #565) or as a Wizard Summoning Spell. All flying groups, either as natural flyers like Dragons or groups enhanced with special brigades/artifacts that bestow flying capabilities, are considered flying at all times. When specifying the group’s movement, all terrain costs are calculated as normally in your movement order (including when flying over water areas). However, flying groups whether they are all-natural flyers (e.g., all brigades of Griffons) or non-natural flyers (ground-based troops that gain flying by acquiring an artifact or by recruiting Giant Eagles) are checked throughout the turn if their situation changes. Flying status may be lost if the group no longer meets certain criteria such as losing division-sized status required by certain artifacts due to transferring troops between groups, combining groups together, or gaining additional troops through battle as what may occur with special troops like Zombies that eat the dead and grow in number. Or Lycanthrope that spreads among the injured on the battlefield and the group acquires new Lycan brigades. Another possibility to consider is if the group will receive any troop reinforcements, which occurs at certain intervals throughout the game. So, even though a ground-based, non-natural flying group may start the turn as a flyer, its status may change throughout the course of the game. A flying group that flys over or lands upon a water area may be issued any movement order (e.g., 720 and not required a sea movement order like 710).
Natural flyers are: Black/Red Dragons, Great Bats, Phoenixes, Specters, and Wyverns, as well as the new troop types of Air Elementals, Beholders, Chimeras, Cockatrices, Fairy Folk, Gargoyles, Giant Eagles, Griffons, Manticores, Mephits, Pixies, Rocs, and Sprites. Giant Eagles and Rocs are the only natural flyers capable of bestowing flight to ground-based troops. Artifacts that are capable of bestowing flight to others are: Great Red Bats of the Lost Caves, Green Dragon Mates, and the Last Herd of Winged Stallions. If a group consists of only natural-flyers or ground-based troops that become capable of flying, the following flight bonuses apply: +20% attack bonus vs pop centers, immune to Earthquake, Flash Flood, and Wall of Flame spells, patrol-sized groups have 32 (rather than 20) movement points (only for patrols of the Black Dragon, Red Dragon, and Fairy Folk kingdoms), may fly over water without a naval fleet being involved (may finish movement upon a water area), automatically performs a reconnaissance of the group’s location as a level 1 agent, and the flying group may not be flanked in battle (a special attack maneuver that certain kingdoms may perform).
Kingdom and Recruitable Troop Types (Food/Gold Amount Is Cost To Recruit):
|Type||ID||Food||Gold||Max Per Group||Notes|
|Demon Princes||DE||N/A||N/A||Unlimited||Kingdom brigade, not recruitable but receive as reinforcements|
|Knights of Styx||KS||8,000||10,000||Unlimited||Recruit at pop center within Darkover (2), Krynn (4), Triumvia (5), Nyvaria (7), or Pellinor (9) and requires General and 1 Veteran brigade [Only permitted for evil kingdoms]|
|Mythians||MY||6,000||8,000||Unlimited||Recruit at pop center within Zanthia (6), The Sword Coast (8), Zamora (10), Mythgar (11), or The Untamed Lands (12) and requires General and 1 Veteran brigade|
|Northmen||NM||4,000||6,000||Unlimited||Recruit at pop center within The Crown Islands (1), Darkover (2), The Diamond Coast (3), Triumvia (5), or Stormgate (13) and requires Captain|
|Nyvarians||NY||4,000||6,000||Unlimited||Recruit at pop center within The Diamond Coast (3), Nyvaria (7), Pellinor (9), The Untamed Lands (12), or Stormgate (13)|
|Stormgate Guard||ST||10,000||10,000||Unlimited||Recruit at pop center within Stormgate (13) and requires General|
|Vikings||VI||6,000||9,000||Unlimited||Recruit at pop center within The Crown Islands (1), Darkover (2), or The Diamond Coast (3) and requires General and 1 Veteran brigade|
|Westmen||WE||4,000||6,000||Unlimited||Recruit at pop center within Krynn (4), Triumvia (5), Zanthia (6), The Sword Coast (8), or Stormgate (13) and requires Captain|
|Zamorans||ZA||4,000||6,000||Unlimited||Recruit at pop center within The Sword Coast (8), Pellinor (9), Zamora (10), Mythgar (11), The Untamed Lands (12), or Stormgate (13) and requires Captain|
|Companions (Order #565):|
|Damned||DM||2,000||2,000||10||Recruit at pop center (any terrain) or in wild (no pop center) in Plains, Forest, Mountains, Desert terrain and requires Captain and 1 Veteran brigade|
|Ogres||OG||6,000||12,000||5||Recruit in wild (no pop center) in Plains, Forest, Mountains terrain and requires General and 3 brigades|
|Orcs||OR||4,000||4,000||15||Recruit in wild (no pop center) in Plains, Forest, Mountains, Marsh terrain and requires Captain and 1 brigades|
|Trolls||TR||10,000||12,000||5||Recruit in wild (no pop center) in Forest, Mountains terrain and requires Marshal and 1 Veteran brigade|
|Uak Hai||UR||6,000||6,000||5||Recruit in wild (no pop center) in Plains, Mountains, Marsh, Desert terrain and 1 Veteran brigade|
|Summoned (By Spell):|
|Ghouls||GH||N/A||N/A||5||Summon in wild (no pop center) in Forest, Marsh terrain|
|Iron Golem||IG||N/A||N/A||1||Summon in wild (no pop center) in Mountains terrain|
|Minotaurs||MI||N/A||N/A||5||Summon in wild (no pop center) in Forest, Mountains terrain|
|Mummies||MU||N/A||N/A||5||Summon in wild (no pop center) in Desert terrain|
|Phantoms (Flyer)||PT||N/A||N/A||5||Summon in any terrain|
|Rock Golems||RG||N/A||N/A||5||Summon in wild (no pop center) in Mountains terrain|
|Skeletons||SK||N/A||N/A||20||Summon in any terrain (including pop centers)|
|Specters (Flyer)||SP||N/A||N/A||7||Summon in wild (no pop center) in Plains, Forest, Mountains, Marsh, Desert terrain|
|Wights||WT||N/A||N/A||7||Summon in wild (no pop center) in Mountains terrain|
|Zombies||ZO||N/A||N/A||20||Summon in any terrain|
Resource Consumption per Brigade (Each Turn) [Being Evil Has -25% Incorporated]:
|Knights of Styx||2,025||2,025|
|Companions (Order #565):|
|Summoned (By Spell):|
Reinforcement Schedule (Receive As Kingdom Brigades):
Terrain Combat Adjustment:
|Terrain Type||Movement Point Cost||Movement (Ice Age)||Demon Princes||Trait|
Your intercept radius is 3 areas (for Order #732).