Alamaze - New

Full Version: The Confluence - 10 player, 20 kingdom game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I'll certainly play this game. I hate to see you do that much work, though. Keep in mind there are no dispersed kingdoms in this variant, UM. I have no idea if I'd play this variant more than once - depends on how much fun it is. It seems very different to other variants - quite a bloodbath.
honestly that sounds like to much work for one variant. As you originally called it slug fest I would think figuring out the max needed in any one region like you did with villages in amberland make that the total for all regions. Really no need for the extra human town/villages unless you want to fill in the other region with them to not allow for freebies. Would likely give you closer to 8 villages and 8 towns per region with everything being contested, but hey that is why you have two kingdoms in that starting region to remove the trash.
Whatever works is fine with me. If putting this off means makimg the change to Duel, I would be okay with that too.
That actually seems reasonable as there are no dispersed kingdoms and I would play that version. It's not like you are going to keep the pcs and it helps remove the the chance of running across other pcs in a different region
Any changes from the norm like removing human pc's or another condition will only create more work for me. So count on every region having kingdom, human, and neutral pc's. For a variant like this, I need to increase the base seed value where it will pump up to around 20 villages per region if you include dispersed kingdoms.
Thanks for letting us understand UM. I will try what ever you guys decide. Still sounds like a lot for possibly a one and done type game. Good luck trying to get the region by T3 though Smile
I also appreciate the explanation.
To tell you the truth, introducing a new game variant like this should only be done after several months of a new release to generate some excitement after people become accustomed to the game. I really don't think doing this now is a good idea. A better one would be to just open up a 3rd Cycle Magic/Warlord/Titan game than create something brand new like this...
Agree. And I think investing the time in Duel is a better idea, and let me tell you why.

Duel bracket tournament
Duel round-robin tournament

Each player picks his top X Kingdoms (however many needed for the total number of rounds) and can only use each one once in the tournament.

You could even build in vetoes and shifted picks based on the matchups.

The possibilities are many.
The tournament I would love to play the most would be some kind of double elimination where each round the players are all playing the same random kingdom vs each other. Say first round everyone plays the SA. To me this is like playing chess with Alamaze pieces only even better because no body gets to go first.

BTW I would be happy to organize and keep track of something like this if when Rick and UM are ready.
Anyway sorry off topic
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7