Alamaze - New

Full Version: New Game?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
(04-18-2023, 12:02 PM)PTRILEY Wrote: [ -> ]If Brek or Mike could set it up and just let the sign up go?

PT I do not have the ability to set this up today as I dont understand what happens if I start messing with tables or the starting seed for kingdoms.  
If Mike feels he wants and can do this without issues I'm happy to allow it, I am just not in a place to fix anything that doesn't work properly or impacts the game.
(04-18-2023, 03:21 PM)Brekk Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-18-2023, 12:02 PM)PTRILEY Wrote: [ -> ]If Brek or Mike could set it up and just let the sign up go?

PT I do not have the ability to set this up today as I dont understand what happens if I start messing with tables or the starting seed for kingdoms.  
If Mike feels he wants and can do this without issues I'm happy to allow it, I am just not in a place to fix anything that doesn't work properly or impacts the game.

Well, it looks like the random cities option only works for The Choosing ruleset, not Maelstrom. I thought I had that one finished during development, I guess not.

Brekk, for the Court Wizard option (highest wizard in first group gets boosted to 8th level before turn 1), after the game is auto-created, just go to the game's dbo.kingdom_group_wizards table and change the wiz_level value of 1st group wizard to 8. That's it. No turn 0 seed tables are changed, just the database of the currently running game, which impacts only that particular game and no other. It's safe to do.
(04-18-2023, 04:51 PM)unclemike Wrote: [ -> ]

Well, it looks like the random cities option only works for The Choosing ruleset, not Maelstrom. I thought I had that one finished during development, I guess not.

Brekk, for the Court Wizard option (highest wizard in first group gets boosted to 8th level before turn 1), after the game is auto-created, just go to the game's dbo.kingdom_group_wizards table and change the wiz_level value of 1st group wizard to 8. That's it. No turn 0 seed tables are changed, just the database of the currently running game, which impacts only that particular game and no other. It's safe to do.
Sounds easy enough, go ahead and start the game I will make the changes after the game begins.
(04-18-2023, 05:37 PM)Brekk Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-18-2023, 04:51 PM)unclemike Wrote: [ -> ]

Sounds easy enough, go ahead and start the game I will make the changes after the game begins.

Anyone starting this?
I'll do it. 24 hours and the only twist will the the 'court wizard' thing with each kingdom starting with one Level 8.
GK - DuPont, I know you hate the DK. I would really like to play that kingdom in the Mythgar region. If you prefer, I will trade you for the GI kingdom, in Mythgar. The GI were my 2nd choice.
All,

I am going to be changing the DK plague.
For now, it will be reduced plague ability to zero until I have a better chance to review it.
I will continue to look at the ability, but this still leaves the DK as a powerhouse, just wanted to give you a heads-up.
I like the concept just needs to be balanced.

That said I need to find where to change it Smile

Brek
So if you turn the ability to zero, will it still announce to everyone that my groups have entered a region? "Plague - A horrible plague has infected the people of The Diamond Coast killing many
civilians!"?. If so, this is taking a perceived advantage and turning it into a disadvantage. You would be punishing the DK kingdom due to a player not liking the affect.
(04-22-2023, 01:04 AM)DuPont Wrote: [ -> ]I'll do it. 24 hours and the only twist will the the 'court wizard' thing with each kingdom starting with one Level 8.

Currently, this game signup has 7/12 kingdoms with only one wizard kingdom (Elementalist), which is interesting.

Does everyone realize that with a level 8 wizard, the wizard-style kingdoms may summon a mighty Iron Golem? That guy alone is more powerful than an entire Red Dragon brigade! And his special effect is that he breathes poisonous gas upon opposing forces that inflicts a -25% morale loss (not a fear effect so not limited). That's uber-powerful in my opinion.

So far, it seems that only Glowamane is willing to handle that kind of power...
As always that is inciteful information UM, but I noticed that you have not signed up for the game.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5