Alamaze - New

Full Version: New Team Game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
I like random team draft order and Hawks suggestion of LD lets you know who is left when it is your turn. Perhaps a small difference in HH draft but does keep teams from knowing all teams to start which I kind of like. I would also recommend team leaders draft to help speed things up for LD and the overall daft
(07-15-2015, 02:28 PM)Jumpingfist Wrote: [ -> ]Hawk I would think enemy declaration is fair game but you should only be able to claim your teammates neutral or ally in the spirit of no communications.

I agree wit JF. Declaring teammate enemy is a fair use of deception; no declaration of ally or neutrality outside your team.

As to the other point: teams should remain anonymous...part of the fun is trying to figure out who the teams areSmile
So recapping:

Absolutely no communication outside of your own team
Teams are completely anonymous, you will only know your own team composition
No ally declarations, trades, or HC issues that help anyone outside of your own team
An enemy declaration of your own teammate is OK for the purposes of subterfuge
Once declared, no re-declaring an enemy neutral or ally UNLESS it's your own teammate (i.e. you're giving up the subterfuge)
Since we're trying to maximize secrecy in this game, I propose that all HC issues should be secret ballot
EDIT: Also, no drops before T20.

Since it's a random draw for teams A-D, and we're going with prior selections being known (and LD, please note that you should randomize the list order of prior selections when you disclose them, and not just list the picks in order, as that would give away the secrecy), I went ahead and tweaked the 10th and 11th picks, so that the first team is slightly less disadvantaged, and since the last teams to pick will have the benefit of knowing who's on the playing field.

1) A (12 points)
2) B (11 points)
3) C (10 points)
4) D (9 points)
5) C (8 points, total 18)
6) D (7 points, total 16)
7) B (6 points, total 17)
8) A (5 points, total 17)
9) D (4 points, total 20 points)
10) A (3 points, total 20 points)
11) B (2 points, total 19 points, one less total point for the benefit of the second-to-last pick)
12) C (1 point, total 19 points, one less total point for the benefit of the last pick)

Team A: Picks 1st, 8th, 10th
Team B: Picks 2nd, 7th, 11th
Team C: Picks 3rd, 5th, 12th
Team D: Picks 4th, 6th, 9th
Just need team Maulers to agree with house rules and we are read to draft then. Also who are the team Captains LD should contact for the draft

Teams in sign up order not draft order
Nikodemus, Hawk, Stilgard
Jumpingfist©, Cloud, Airborne Ranger
Chef, Mauler, Wynand
Lord Thanatos HeadHoncho, Morgan Kane
(07-15-2015, 04:44 PM)Jumpingfist Wrote: [ -> ]Just need team Maulers to agree with house rules and we are read to draft then.  Also who are the team Captains LD should contact for the draft

Teams in sign up order not draft order
Nikodemus, Hawk, Stilgard
Jumpingfist©, Cloud, Airborne Ranger
Chef, Mauler, Wynand
Lord Thanatos HeadHoncho, Morgan Kane

All good. With the stipulation that the due date is not before next Tuesday as I am away this weekend Tongue

Let's get this party started!

PS: Welcome back Will! I assume that you have spent all of this time developing a killer opening strategy Wink

PPS: JF, who do I have to call for a copyright on my name?
Ha!

So captains for LD to contact for selections are Hawk, JF, Mauler, and me?
(07-15-2015, 08:58 PM)HeadHoncho Wrote: [ -> ]Ha!

We are ready.  Should we all email LD pick #1 and see who gets it?
(07-16-2015, 12:53 AM)Hawk_ Wrote: [ -> ]

Each team captain should email me at ded127@aol.com. If possible, we can finish tonight. Otherwise, it will be tomorrow night or Friday as I will be traveling tomorrow. 

I have received one email so far.
sounds good. Maybe best to just send draft rules and captains emails. Some will may pick different knowing who was taken by the first 3 teams
(07-16-2015, 01:05 AM)Lord Diamond Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-16-2015, 12:53 AM)Hawk_ Wrote: [ -> ]

Each team captain should email me at ded127@aol.com. If possible, we can finish tonight. Otherwise, it will be tomorrow night or Friday as I will be traveling tomorrow. 

I have received one email so far.

When you send your picks, please be sure to tell me which team you represent. 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9