Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Team Game
(07-15-2015, 04:10 AM)Lord Thanatos Wrote:
(07-15-2015, 03:55 AM)wfrankenhoff Wrote:
(07-15-2015, 03:19 AM)Lord Thanatos Wrote: What are the rules for this team game?

Only willing to consider a team game if it is Anonymous outside of one's own team.  No trading among non-team members, no communication other than with team members, no declaring allies outside of team, no anything basically outside of team . . .   Is that what this is?  Or something different?

I'd be interested but only with the rules LT outlined above.

Looks like I will have a team of three . . .  But ONLY with the anonymous rules outlined above.

Can someone let me know if the rule set will be anonymous?  If not, Morgan Kane and I will start a thread for a Warlord contest (since I can safely assume Morgan Kane is always willing to join a Warlord contest) and you guys can wait for a fourth team.

Personally I would be fine with these but would add just to be specific it would also include no council issues that directly give a non team mate a bonus.

And final rule no quoting before turn 20. Yes I am looking at you here Wil Smile

Really up to the other teams if this stuff is ok.  It would all be player enforced anyway.

(07-15-2015, 04:58 AM)Jumpingfist Wrote:
(07-15-2015, 04:10 AM)Lord Thanatos Wrote:
(07-15-2015, 03:19 AM)Lord Thanatos Wrote: What are the rules for this team game?

Only willing to consider a team game if it is Anonymous outside of one's own team.  No trading among non-team members, no communication other than with team members, no declaring allies outside of team, no anything basically outside of team . . .   Is that what this is?  Or something different?

Looks like I will have a team of three . . .  But ONLY with the anonymous rules outlined above.

Can someone let me know if the rule set will be anonymous?  If not, Morgan Kane and I will start a thread for a Warlord contest (since I can safely assume Morgan Kane is always willing to join a Warlord contest) and you guys can wait for a fourth team.

Personally I would be fine with these but would add just to be specific it would also include no council issues that directly give a non team mate a bonus.

And final rule no quoting before turn 20. Yes I am looking at you here Wil Smile

Really up to the other teams if this stuff is ok.  It would all be player enforced anyway.

My team is willing to play with all of the stipulations mentioned by JF.

Is everyone game?
Lord Thanatos

My team of 3 has no issues with the above mentioned rules .... 

Just need to make sure Mauler's team is ok with the added stipulations and then we are set. 

Rules, rules? I don't need no stinking rules I just want a piece of Frankenhoff! Smile

(07-15-2015, 12:55 PM)Airborne Ranger Wrote:

Rules, rules? I don't need no stinking rules I just want a piece of Frankenhoff! Smile

Little old moi? What have I ever done to you, Zim Angel ?

Someone please list the teams.  Probably by order of entry to determine draft position.

Lord Diamond, are you available to do the draft?

(07-15-2015, 01:24 PM)Ry Vor Wrote: Someone please list the teams.  Probably by order of entry to determine draft position.

Lord Diamond, are you available to do the draft?

Is this a random draft ala Warlords or preset?

I believe the suggestion was to have LD do the draft and let people know what has been picked prior to their selection, and to use the Warlords/Team order I suggested a while back:

1) A (12 points)
2) B (11 points)
3) C (10 points)
4) D (9 points)
5) C (8 points, total 18)
6) D (7 points, total 16)
7) B (6 points, total 17)
8) A (5 points, total 17)
9) D (4 points, total 20 points)
10) B (3 points, total 20 points)
11) A (2 points, total 19 points, one less total point for the benefit of the first pick)
12) C (1 point, total 19 points, one less total point for the benefit of the last pick)

Team A: Picks 1st, 8th, 11th
Team B: Picks 2nd, 7th, 10th
Team C: Picks 3rd, 5th, 12th
Team D: Picks 4th, 6th, 9th

If there is any enhancement to this after (at least) one game completed under this draft, I think it would be to add a point to team A and subtract one point from Team B or Team D, since Team A was generally seen to have a slight disadvantage.

In terms of rules, as I understand them, simply stated, they would be:

Absolutely no communication outside of your own team
No Ally declarations, trades, or HC issues helping anyone outside of your own team
HC voting is fair game, however, unless people might prefer all HC issues to be secret ballot

Should we reveal all 4 teams at the end of the draft?  If Draft order was secret the teams would still be anon.  

Can you declare another kingdom neutral after you have been fighting them?

Can you declare a teammate an enemy to confuse other players if the teams are not revealed?  This is a tactic that has been used in other games.

Hawk I would think enemy declaration is fair game but you should only be able to claim your teammates neutral or ally in the spirit of no communications.