Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Team Game
Per Jumpingfist, I am going with the personas the team captains submitted rather than the initial list he provided. Teams, players and kingdom assignments were sent to signup@alamaze.co about a minute ago. Best of luck and tons of fun to everyone!

I am glad I was working all day and did not see all (controversy) this until now. All I can say is ?????? Do we have a game or not, geez, just frickin tired.  Just assign everyone a team , like I said just pull it out of a hat and lets play!

For the record, I really wasn't trying to participate or contribute to any drama. The last thing I want is to dread visiting my favorite website.
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

I think the people that create the game need to be the ones forming the games.  All of this was unnecessary.  We can't have every game having its own rules, its own method of being formed, etc.  We offer more options than anyone, but that doesn't mean it is limitless.

Since you seem determined to want to talk about this, I will at this point oblige you and be a bit more candid.

Rick, everything was completely and totally fine in this thread until you came in over the top with an edict and a lecture that left the majority of us utterly confounded and scratching our heads.

If there was anything at all unnecessary in this thread, it was your own overreaction, especially since LD wasn't even suggesting that you needed to intervene.

I find it odd that you intuitively seem to grasp that players want more choice, because that's the main theme of the Choosing, and yet you don't seem to grasp that the same thing is going to apply to game formats and variants.

When those formats and variants aren't going to take up either coding time or GM time, what in the world is the harm in letting us players do that? Most players aren't going to be interested in preset Magic team games once they've enjoyed the pleasure of drafting, just like most players (Zim excepted) aren't going to be interested in a random Kingdom when they can choose.

If you want your regulars to just form private games (which you just said is easy for you), then we can do that, but frankly I thought you said you wanted more forum activity. So we're also happy to hash this stuff out here, but if you don't want that, we can keep it to email instead.

Again, there were no significant issues at all in this thread until your post earlier this morning, the result of which was a big and unnecessary fuss which clearly antagonized at least a few people.

The main problem - and when I got involved - was when it looked like this signup was dissolving.  ("Good luck with your game").  It would be nice to be informed at support or signup what was going on, if the proprietors are being left out of the loop.  I had no idea the players in this game went with a different player to conduct the draft.  I respect the time of our volunteers and it seemed the detailed instructions for the specifics of the draft infringed on his time, and all the conditions proposed cannot be enforced by the game program.

JF indicated prior to LD's and your posts that we could find another draft volunteer if LD didn't want to serve under those conditions, as is his complete right and prerogative. And LD is certainly fantastic, but he also isn't the only volunteer in this incredibly helpful community who can run a draft.

And yes, more communication could and would have been helpful here on all sides. I can certainly try to do better at keeping you informed, and on the flip side, I'd respectfully submit that you yourself could consider asking questions (either privately or publicly) before assuming LD's polite one-liner warranted you pushing a team out of the draft and laying down a hard line.

Hopefully a productive learning experience for all.

This game was created and emailed this morning.

Good luck and again, any special rules have to be player-enforced.

This thread is now closed.