Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Team Game
Just to get it off my chest, this thread raises the issue, what other aspect of your life do you get to dictate exactly how something will happen?

In some ways, it is impressive that players are so emboldened, that we have been so receptive to so many variations, that are not remotely offered anywhere else, but also disconcerting that some might quit if they can't stipulate exactly how things should go.  I tried to let this thread run itself, stay dis-involved, thinking it would resolve itself.  All I need is who has what kingdom and what the teams are.  

I had not heard of any draft development (kingdom selections) in this game to be.  If it is truly mostly done, then, let us finish it, if Lord Diamond is still willing.

Honestly, I don't think your question will result in a productive discussion at this time.

LD did not run this draft, another volunteer did. Assuming everyone is still up for playing (which is not yet certain), we will have that volunteer send you team, Kingdom, and persona info. Thanks.

Our team is in .. whatever/however the draft is being done. 

Sorry this devolved like this. 

I was not thrilled with needing special rules and draft but went with it and the players involved agreed to them. I would not want HH rules to be standard unless we find after playing them a few times they do work better. But the combination of HH draft order and Hawks seeing kingdoms available. I actually found it to be very enjoyable as a draft and give me a much fuller feeling that I got the team I wanted of my own doing. Maybe not a perfect team but I saw it unfold and get to make the most of what I saw. It also got more involvement from the team as a whole which is not always the case in a standards warlords draft. When finish with the draft I do feel a stronger since of ownership to the team and would not be so likely to blame a bad draft just on bad luck since I had a bigger hand in making my own luck.

To somewhat answer Ry Vors question. I think you can also look at it a different way. If we robot players just going by the rules not challenging or sometimes exploiting a bit would change come. Would we get some of these great formats for games we have now? Would this current game Magic even be possible as it was dead until the players modified it to be more anonymous which if I recall you were not all for because anon in general is not your favorite thing, but now this format has become one of your own personal favorites (mine too btw). So here we are experimenting again. I think you do have to put your foot down at times but also let things go as long as the players enjoying the evolution.
I am sure there are tons of examples of this happening where something comes from a small tweet or preference by a player that you allowed to happen and it has grow to the point it is just expected but at the time another annoy little request a player or group may have made.

I'm the guy who got recruited to do the draft. Definitely an interesting process to watch unfold! I can see why LD likes doing it.

The draft is nearly complete - I'm just waiting on receiving the last pick now.

(07-17-2015, 07:07 PM)Thudargh Wrote: I'm the guy who got recruited to do the draft.  Definitely an interesting process to watch unfold!  I can see why LD likes doing it.

We appreciate your efforts Thudargh!! Thanks. 

(07-17-2015, 07:07 PM)Thudargh Wrote: I'm the guy who got recruited to do the draft.  Definitely an interesting process to watch unfold!  I can see why LD likes doing it.

If you have played a game as Thudargh's ally it would be crystal clear why he was recruited.  Likely one of the most organized players I have played with.  He pulled our draft off without a hitch and no teams knowing of others picks other than the natural nature of the draft.

Thanks for helping us out Thudargh.

Much appreciated!

Well then, if someone fills me in, we can get started.

(07-17-2015, 08:21 PM)Ry Vor Wrote: Well then, if someone fills me in, we can get started.

All the picks are in - just getting clarification on one of the participants.  A persona changed between the start of the draft and the end, and I want to make sure I don't submit anything wrong.