Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Third Anonymous Game
I would like to get stomped by this swarthy cast of veterans. Please put me on the list here - I will mail my list of preferences and such.

Thanks! - John

The list:

HeadHoncho
DuPont
LordThanatos
Hile Troy
Cargus10
Telrandir

(10-17-2013, 03:18 AM)HeadHoncho Wrote: The list:

HeadHoncho
DuPont
LordThanatos
Hile Troy
Cargus10
Telrandir

As I posted on the new thread for Game #116 (no, not #115), we have created a new Anonymous format which is a 12 player game with the AN, DE and UN out of play. I think this is much better suited for the Anonymous format as it eliminates a pair of natural enemies who rely on communication and the UN who had no natural enemy. I think we should go with this for the 3rd Anonymous game - I believe it will be more fun and fill faster.

Hm...sounds like a field day for the TR fir sure Smile Not a bad break for the GN either!
But it does make sense. I think I will need to resend my choices now as I had at least one of those three on the list.

Yes, I'll have to do the same. I'll re-submit my requests.

No need to change my requests

Hypothetically speaking, if each player was willing to pay two service level slots, could we each run two Kingdoms, if it got this game off of the ground more quickly?

(10-18-2013, 03:41 AM)HeadHoncho Wrote: Hypothetically speaking, if each player was willing to pay two service level slots, could we each run two Kingdoms, if it got this game off of the ground more quickly?

Wouldn't that do odd and unnatural things to the "anonymous" part of the format? Would we know what kingdoms are paired before the start, or is it that we must try to figure it out? It gives you one kingdom that you KNOW is safe, unless you are highly schizophrenic I suppose Smile I think I'd prefer six "pairings" that are listed up front. Might be an interesting way to balance the vacant spots left on the map, too. What pairings would you suggest?

(10-18-2013, 03:54 AM)Cargus10 Wrote:
(10-18-2013, 03:41 AM)HeadHoncho Wrote: Hypothetically speaking, if each player was willing to pay two service level slots, could we each run two Kingdoms, if it got this game off of the ground more quickly?

Wouldn't that do odd and unnatural things to the "anonymous" part of the format? Would we know what kingdoms are paired before the start, or is it that we must try to figure it out? It gives you one kingdom that you KNOW is safe, unless you are highly schizophrenic I suppose Smile I think I'd prefer six "pairings" that are listed up front. Might be an interesting way to balance the vacant spots left on the map, too. What pairings would you suggest?

I did some noodling on it. Nothing I could come up with really felt "balanced" but these were possibilities:

1. RA & BL
2. SO & DA
3. DW & WI
4. GN & RD
5. EL & GI
6. TR & WA

1. GN & GI
2. RD & DA
3. EL & WA
4. SO & TR
5. DW & RA
6. WI & BL