Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should Alamaze Return?
Alamaze ran for 25+ years, mostly under the revered eye of my deceased dear brother Phil. I can revive Alamaze, with the help of friends like David Pitzel and others. Do you want in 2013 a text based, turn based game?

(01-19-2013, 02:55 AM)Ry Vor Wrote: Alamaze ran for 25+ years, mostly under the revered eye of my deceased dear brother Phil. I can revive Alamaze, with the help of friends like David Pitzel and others. Do you want in 2013 a text based, turn based game?

Sounds good to me.

Good news!

The return is well underway! We need to get some content posted to the Fall of Rome website on Alamaze including Rules and how to Sign Up. But otherwise internally testing has gone well.

We'll be introducing Alamaze Classic, which will be the game setup as players remember fondly. Alamaze will be ready in less than a fortnight!

The initial games will be available to active current members of the Fall of Rome community. For those looking to renew their Fall of Rome membership and so get into the first Alamaze games, send an email to support@kingdomsofarcania.com expressing your interest. Fall of Rome is now $24.95 for two months of virtually unlimited play (Imperator Service), sent via PayPal. We'll let you know details in our reply to your email.

Does that mean we can turn updates via email?

Firstly, I am sorry to hear about Phil. My condolences. I spent a fair amount of time speaking with him on the phone. I would call to pass on last minute turn info or payment info and end up talking for twenty minutes or more about anything and everything. He is missed.

I actually had a dream the other night about Alamaze. My last game was in 2005. I went searching through the web and found this place. I am interested in a game, but would like more information.

What is the format going to be like for turn entry and results. Is it basically the same as before or are you making additional updates to the system? Turn around time similar?

I never did get a change to play the ancient ones, smack them around alot, but never play them.

I await more information.

Will all cycles be available. I always wanted to play the Swampmen but never got into a First Cycle of Steel Game.

Greetings folks. A quick update and some replies to questions:

Thanks for the condolences on my brother Phil. He had a long fight with cancer but was able to enjoy life until the end. He loved Alamaze and his communications with his players. Phil passed away August, 2011.

We are looking at how to get Alamaze processes as automated as we can, but it is not at the level of Fall of Rome in that regard. At least initially, we'll likely have to set up games manually and process them manually.

We are working also on how to allow players to submit orders via a website that is being created, and retrieve their results in the same way, that is, like in Fall of Rome - sign in, access your games, submitting orders and retrieving results. But initially it may be my email. There will be no snail mail, or phoned-in orders.

Because we want games to begin quickly, we won't be offering all the cycles. We will offer Second Cycle of Magic, which has the most current design enhancements, and the Epic variant of that, to be defined, but likely a five person game with each of the five controlling three kingdoms on a team. But first is Second Cycle of Magic.

We are excited that we may enjoy a lot of flexibility after we get established to create quite a few new variations, or scenarios. We can alter the size and shape of the map, the number of players, the number of regions, etc.

On the launch itself, we should be ready shortly (like within a week) to have a small internal group of Fall of Rome players do some final play testing - a bug hunt. That shouldn't take more than about two weeks. Meanwhile we'll be working on getting the website up, and the necessary processes - sign up, order submission, etc.

Again, if you want to be in early, be active in Fall of Rome. Right now we are between merchant service carriers, so send an email to support@kingdomsofarcania.com to find out how to get in to Fall of Rome and then Alamaze.

(02-11-2013, 09:35 PM)Ry Vor Wrote: Greetings folks. A quick update and some replies to questions:

Thanks for the condolences on my brother Phil. He had a long fight with cancer but was able to enjoy life until the end. He loved Alamaze and his communications with his players. Phil passed away August, 2011.

We are looking at how to get Alamaze processes as automated as we can, but it is not at the level of Fall of Rome in that regard. At least initially, we'll likely have to set up games manually and process them manually.

We are working also on how to allow players to submit orders via a website that is being created, and retrieve their results in the same way, that is, like in Fall of Rome - sign in, access your games, submitting orders and retrieving results. But initially it may be my email. There will be no snail mail, or phoned-in orders.

Because we want games to begin quickly, we won't be offering all the cycles. We will offer Second Cycle of Magic, which has the most current design enhancements, and the Epic variant of that, to be defined, but likely a five person game with each of the five controlling three kingdoms on a team. But first is Second Cycle of Magic.

We are excited that we may enjoy a lot of flexibility after we get established to create quite a few new variations, or scenarios. We can alter the size and shape of the map, the number of players, the number of regions, etc.

On the launch itself, we should be ready shortly (like within a week) to have a small internal group of Fall of Rome players do some final play testing - a bug hunt. That shouldn't take more than about two weeks. Meanwhile we'll be working on getting the website up, and the necessary processes - sign up, order submission, etc.

Again, if you want to be in early, be active in Fall of Rome. Right now we are between merchant service carriers, so send an email to support@kingdomsofarcania.com to find out how to get in to Fall of Rome and then Alamaze.

I sent an e-mail, but haven't gotten a reply or anything, so I'm gonna say right here COUNT ME IN! I MISS ALAMAZE!

I sent an e-mail, but haven't gotten a reply or anything, so I'm gonna say right here COUNT ME IN! I MISS ALAMAZE!

===============================================================================

He said...if you are not already a current player...

That could be why you have not received a response Smile.

(01-19-2013, 02:55 AM)Ry Vor Wrote: Alamaze ran for 25+ years, mostly under the revered eye of my deceased dear brother Phil. I can revive Alamaze, with the help of friends like David Pitzel and others. Do you want in 2013 a text based, turn based game?

Not sure what the difference is mentioned above.

On another note, I played a game similar to this in the mid-80s - but I am not sure if it was Alamaze or some variant. I remember I had a kingdom that was either called the Giants or had this theme worked into the kingdom. I only made it part way through my first game before I turned my position over to a buddy of mine who was playing a different position on the other side of the map. It was turn based via snail mail. The turns were between 1 to 2 weeks. Very slow for me. I eventually got distracted with the long turn-arounds in my younger days. Does this ring any bells? Or, was this a game variant of the same idea?

Sancus

(02-14-2013, 01:41 AM)Sancus Wrote: I sent an e-mail, but haven't gotten a reply or anything, so I'm gonna say right here COUNT ME IN! I MISS ALAMAZE!

===============================================================================

He said...if you are not already a current player...

That could be why you have not received a response Smile.

Not sure what the difference is mentioned above.

On another note, I played a game similar to this in the mid-80s - but I am not sure if it was Alamaze or some variant. I remember I had a kingdom that was either called the Giants or had this theme worked into the kingdom. I only made it part way through my first game before I turned my position over to a buddy of mine who was playing a different position on the other side of the map. It was turn based via snail mail. The turns were between 1 to 2 weeks. Very slow for me. I eventually got distracted with the long turn-arounds in my younger days. Does this ring any bells? Or, was this a game variant of the same idea?

Sancus

Sounds like Alamaze to me.