Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
170/171 Question
Is it possible to 170 or 171 multiple times with the same group on the same turn? Or does only the first order actually resolve?

Why would you want to? There with another kingdom's group?

I'm assuming -- perhaps erroneously -- that there is a random element to 170/171, just like with political emissaries. If that's the case, then multiple 171's (in particular) might be helpful.

If that's an incorrect assumption, then never mind. Smile

(08-20-2013, 01:18 AM)HeadHoncho Wrote: I'm assuming -- perhaps erroneously -- that there is a random element to 170/171, just like with political emissaries. If that's the case, then multiple 171's (in particular) might be helpful.

If that's an incorrect assumption, then never mind. Smile

171 is much stronger than 170. If you doubt your success rate I would try 171 and save an order.

Ideally a PC is neutral OR human controlled and you are friendly in the region.

Otherwise you need a pretty big group in most cases. (If you did not already know)

Best of luck,

Thanks, I get that, I guess I'm more curious about whether there's a random element to 171, to see if multiple 171's would be beneficial (or even possible).

Separately, has anyone tried 171 in a Suspicious or Hostile region? Just wondering it it's worth bothering, even with a higher-level wizard.

(08-20-2013, 07:06 PM)HeadHoncho Wrote: Thanks, I get that, I guess I'm more curious about whether there's a random element to 171, to see if multiple 171's would be beneficial (or even possible).

Separately, has anyone tried 171 in a Suspicious or Hostile region? Just wondering it it's worth bothering, even with a higher-level wizard.

Playing the DW in 100 I was able to 171 other kingdom's towns while Suspicious with a 25kish group, a marshal, and a p3. Looking back I went 3 for 5 on those 171 attempts.

I have no idea about multiple 171's though but seems easy enough to test.

Thanks, that's a helpful data point (or five points, rather).

Anyone else? Smile

(08-20-2013, 09:56 PM)kik1661 Wrote:
(08-20-2013, 07:06 PM)HeadHoncho Wrote: Thanks, I get that, I guess I'm more curious about whether there's a random element to 171, to see if multiple 171's would be beneficial (or even possible).

Playing the DW in 100 I was able to 171 other kingdom's towns while Suspicious with a 25kish group, a marshal, and a p3. Looking back I went 3 for 5 on those 171 attempts.

I have no idea about multiple 171's though but seems easy enough to test.

I would imagine you could cast multiple 171s vs any PC, provided you have enough wizards. Each wizard can only cast once per turn.
Keeope