Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mar 26 processing halted
There was an issue with the launcher program that's independent of 2nd/3rd Cycle and it's preventing the games from being run today. Still looking into the situation...

We're back in action and games 43, 44, and 302 were processed around 3:15pm EST today.

The problem that held everything up was with game 229 a Titan game between Morgan Kane and Drogo. If either one of them can explain what happened then please send a note to support.

It looks like one or both players didn't submit orders for 3 turns and they were eliminated. However, the program is relying on a kingdom to be declared a winner, or for someone to win by concession, to end the game and generate the necessary Valhalla stats.

If both players just stop playing the game then both sides of a Titan match fail and the program doesn't know what to do to officially declare a winner. So I would like to know if the game was supposed to be conceded or if something else happened.

From now on, please notify support if you wish to drop or stop playing a game in order to officially end the contest.

UM. As a side note I believe 306 -5x5 game should be over and I assume 505 test beta 3rd cycle. For 306 we agreed to the RA as the winner. I guess for 505 as I am leading the status points umm me?

Thank you again for all of your hard work at making this an heck of game.

Thanks but I'm putting new code this weekend to prevent the server from crashing again. From now on, it'll skip over corrupted game entries and continue on with the next game. However, if all players just stop playing a game (and hit the 3 turn limit), those game files will still reside on the server which requires a manual cleanup (by me) and that's something that I want to avoid so please notify support if you wish to leave a game. Usually this isn't a problem because in a normal game if one or more people drop out (or hit the 3 turn limit), there are others still around but in a Titan game where there are only two players, it could be an issue.

That makes sense.

I am in two games where we declared a winner and notified Support. However, both games ran as normal and no winner was declared.
This is game 306 (mentioned above) where we agreed RA is the winner. JF sent an email to Support.
It is also Warlords game 43, where Son of Conan is the winner. I sent an email to support.
No further turns will be submitted by any player in those 2 games.

Please advise if there is anything in addition to an email to Support that we would need to do to finish a game by concession.

(03-26-2016, 09:34 PM)VballMichael Wrote: That makes sense.

I am in two games where we declared a winner and notified Support. However, both games ran as normal and no winner was declared.
This is game 306 (mentioned above) where we agreed RA is the winner. JF sent an email to Support.
It is also Warlords game 43, where Son of Conan is the winner. I sent an email to support.
No further turns will be submitted by any player in those 2 games.

Please advise if there is anything in addition to an email to Support that we would need to do to finish a game by concession.

Ry Vor handles all game management issues like creating games, conceding games, dropping a player, substituting a player, and so on. We were busy last week due to 3rd Cycle launches and last minute touchups so your message may have been missed. That's why I want to fully automate the game creation process with a new website and other management activities so that Ry Vor's time would free up to do other things like designing the next scenario (which is a time consuming process). But until then, if you notice something like a game which should have ended but didn't actually end (because you still got a turn), please notify support to remind Ry Vor about it.