Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rick, there's a buyer for your Black Lotus...
"Hi everyone. I'm new to the game. I'm looking to acquire some rare cards. I am a collector of wine, art and other goods. Can someone give me some resources on collecting rare cards? Specifically I've been told black lotus cards are very valuable. Also has anyone had any insight on Hasbro's intention for the company?
Thanks, Martin"

This guy is Martin Shkreli. You may have heard of him Wink

Talk about a deal with the devil...

Had not heard of the dude.  Don't know where his message came from.  Don't know if Diamond Cutter is toying with me, but the last Alpha Black Lotus went for $13,300, the current one on EBay is $19,000, the one before that $23,000, and a graded one before that, $30,000.  Betas are going around $10k. 

The collectable element of MTG is starting to pass the playability element.  So up until recently, cards were bought to increase the power of a deck.  Now it is starting to be collecting rare cards as in other card collections like baseball cards. 

I also have a complete set of dual lands, and an unopened (shrink wrapped) International Edition set: the full original 300 something cards all unplayed mint.

This is the guy who bought the only copy of a new Wu-Tang Clan album. He is pretty much Satan Incarnate, though.

(07-08-2016, 12:10 AM)DuPont Wrote: This is the guy who bought the only copy of a new Wu-Tang Clan album. He is pretty much Satan Incarnate, though.

I'm guessing Wu-Tang isn't the same as Wang Chung.  Probably a micro-aggression.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoXu6QmxpJE

Not toying with you!

I don't think anybody would buy a new Wang Chung album.

(07-08-2016, 05:55 PM)DuPont Wrote: I don't think anybody would buy a new Wang Chung album.

What if there was an Alpha Black Lotus attached?

I'm not clear on Wu-Tang.  They made an album with just one copy?  Not an optimistic sales forecast.

No, they are a successful act. They created this one-only copy as a weird sort of gag. And then Satan himself bought it:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wu-Tang_Cl...In_Shaolin

So I shouldn't sell to Satan?

Alright = anyone else with $19000.