Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black Blade
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCxL3-Fl7bM

I had almost forgotten about that one, but it was an inspiration.  Forged a million years ago.... My master is my slave - Ha, ha, ha.  

I hope to do some artifact revisions for the next scenario.

(09-28-2016, 11:49 AM)Ry Vor Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCxL3-Fl7bM

I had almost forgotten about that one, but it was an inspiration.  Forged a million years ago.... My master is my slave - Ha, ha, ha.  

Wow,  that is blue oyster cult?  I didn't remember it.

Sounds like Stormbringer. The powerful possessed sword with bloodlust that Elric used.

(09-28-2016, 12:29 PM)Hawk_ Wrote:
(09-28-2016, 11:49 AM)Ry Vor Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCxL3-Fl7bM

Wow,  that is blue oyster cult?  I didn't remember it.

I saw BOC more than any group, I would guess a dozen times, then maybe Aerosmith about 8 times, then no one else over two.  BOC is generally misunderstood.  Its not about Godzilla and Don't Fear the Reaper.  The whole Secret Treaties album, starting with Astronomy and ME262, Dominance and Submission.   Earlier Hot Rails to Hell, Last Days of May and Buck's Boogie. 

I was just writing my brother about both the song and the plane ME262.  First jet.  Can you imagine in late 1944 seeing that thing coming at you?  We had just gotten the Mustang (P51) to compete with the FW190 and they throw that thing up into the sky.  Also, you didn't want to be in a Sherman looking at a Panther.  We had a good rifle, and personal valor.  They had pretty much the rest.

I wonder how many jets America destroyed that were grounded due to lack of fuel.  Same with the Battle of the Bulge, how many Tiger II's did the Germans destroy so they would not fall into the Allied hands, the tanks ran out of fuel.  I think my favorite was from Rommel commenting on Americans that they were green but  all seemed to understand how machines worked and they had universal parts for all vehicles.  I find it interesting that many wars are won due to boring logistics and not sexy killy weapons many times.

(09-28-2016, 02:03 PM)Rogal Wrote: I wonder how many jets America destroyed that were grounded due to lack of fuel.  Same with the Battle of the Bulge, how many Tiger II's did the Germans destroy so they would not fall into the Allied hands, the tanks ran out of fuel.  I think my favorite was from Rommel commenting on Americans that they were green but  all seemed to understand how machines worked and they had universal parts for all vehicles.  I find it interesting that many wars are won due to boring logistics and not sexy killy weapons many times.

You are right.  I think Schwarzkopf recently said it: it's logisitics, not tactics or strategy that wins wars.  Logistics though, not so sexy. 

We were lucky in lots of places in WW2.  How about Midway?  Six dive bombers win the war, essentially?  D-Day?  Eisenhower could have had a stroke over thinking that.  Battle of the Bulge.  What was his name, McAlfie?  "Nuts!"  Hang on, Patton will be here momentarily.  Thank your lucky bones.  Hiroshima.  Things could have turned out quite differently.