Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Valhalla Online
(07-14-2019, 05:40 PM)VballMichael Wrote: We now have 7 completed Steel games. 

Eregnon and Wookie Panz have joined the 1st place club in Maelstrom. Military is making a strong showing now, though AN keep showing up.
BL, TY and UN made their first podium appearances in Game 6. And 3 new players joined the podium in Game 7: Wookie, Brek and Airetar.
Also, we now see Krynn and Diamond Coast starting positions make the podium. Is Mythgar the only region that is a bad start?

5242 was 33 turns, 1st was UM with NE from Zamora, 2nd was VBM with AT from Nyvaria, 3rd was Strongwill with AN from Untamed Lands.
5246 was 24 turns, 1st was Draugr with LI from Pellinor, 2nd was UM with SO from Zamora, 3rd was Acererak with PI from Crown Islands.
5247 was 18 turns, 1st was UM with DE from Triumvia, 2nd was Eregnon with RA from Darkover, 3rd was Draugr with AN from Sword Coast.
5249 was 25 turns, 1st was Draugr with AN from Nyvaria, 2nd was DuPont with AT from Zamora, 3rd was Acererak with DU from Untamed Lands.
5256 was 21 turns, 1st was Son of Conan with RD from Zanthia, 2nd was Draugr with AM from Pellinor, 3rd was Canticar with LI from Sword Coast.
5267 was 25 turns, 1st was Eregnon with BL from Krynn, 2nd was DuPont with TY from Untamed Lands, 3rd was Draugr with UN from Diamond Coast.
5293 was 19 turns, 1st was Wookie Panz with LI from Pellinor, 2nd was Brek with AN from Triumvia, 3rd was Airetar with AM from Krynn.

Let's keep the momentum going. Maybe someone can better the 18 turn finish, or make a game last to turn 40. 

Actually, Eregnon had the AN in Krynn, not the BL.

We now have 7 completed Steel games. (The below reflects the corrections from Eregnon.)

Eregnon and Wookie Panz have joined the 1st place club in Maelstrom. Military is making a strong showing now, though AN keep showing up.
TY and UN made their first podium appearances in Game 6. And 3 new players joined the podium in Game 7: Wookie, Brekk and Airetar.
Also, we now see Krynn and Diamond Coast starting positions make the podium. Is Mythgar the only region that is a bad start?

5242 was 33 turns, 1st was UM with NE from Zamora, 2nd was VBM with AT from Nyvaria, 3rd was Strongwill with AN from Untamed Lands.
5246 was 24 turns, 1st was Draugr with LI from Pellinor, 2nd was UM with SO from Zamora, 3rd was Acererak with PI from Crown Islands.
5247 was 18 turns, 1st was UM with DE from Triumvia, 2nd was Eregnon with RA from Darkover, 3rd was Draugr with AN from Sword Coast.
5249 was 25 turns, 1st was Draugr with AN from Nyvaria, 2nd was DuPont with AT from Zamora, 3rd was Acererak with DU from Untamed Lands.
5256 was 21 turns, 1st was Son of Conan with RD from Zanthia, 2nd was Draugr with AM from Pellinor, 3rd was Canticar with LI from Sword Coast.
5267 was 25 turns, 1st was Eregnon with AN from Krynn, 2nd was DuPont with TY from Untamed Lands, 3rd was Draugr with UN from Diamond Coast.
5293 was 19 turns, 1st was Wookie Panz with LI from Pellinor, 2nd was Brekk with AN from Triumvia, 3rd was Airetar with AM from Krynn.

Let's keep the momentum going. Maybe someone can better the 18 turn finish, or make a game last to turn 40. 

We now have 8 completed Steel games.

Vball Michael has finally joined the 1st place club in Maelstrom with the AM in the fastest win thus far. Diamond Cutter loses his chivalry bonus as he gets the Cimmerians on the scoreboard for the first time. DuPont continues to score well in Maelstrom.

5267 was 25 turns, 1st was Eregnon with AN from Krynn, 2nd was DuPont with TY from Untamed Lands, 3rd was Draugr with UN from Diamond Coast.
5293 was 19 turns, 1st was Wookie Panz with LI from Pellinor, 2nd was Brekk with AN from Triumvia, 3rd was Airetar with AM from Krynn.
5302 was 17 turns, 1st was VBM with AM from Nyvaria, 2nd was Diamond Cutter with CI from Darkover, 3rd was DuPont with UN from Triumvia.

I have a thought that taking Stormgate early and holding it is correlated with the win. I could be wrong. If you won a game, please add here whether you took Stormgate kind of early and held it through to the end. In 5302, I did have Stormgate. In 5242, NE did not have it. 

Stormgate correlated?
5242 No
5302 Yes

I have played in all those games. Here is what I can tell you.
5246 LI took Stormgate on turn 3, held it through the game. YES
5247 SA took Stormgate on turn 6, held it through the game. NO
5249 AN took Stormgate on turn 11, held it through the game. MAYBE? #13 taken late, was actually AN's third region.
5256 AM took Stormgate on turn 3, held it through the game. NO
5267 AM took Stormgate on turn 4, dropped on turn 13, TY later took it. NO
5293 LI took Stormgate on turn 8, held it through the game. YES

So of the 8 games, it's 3 yes, 4 no and 1 maybe. Let's call the maybe a yes and we are looking at 50% And on the games where it's a no, the 2nd place player usually had it. There's no question it's very important. I think a big thing is that it's very easy to defend. Once you have a Greater Castle on the city, you are more or less untouchable to all but the largest military positions. I would actually suggest that Stormgate itself be made immune to the rule that disallowed political action regardless of the fortifications. At least, make somebody keep a prince in there while they go off to take their third and fourth region. Either that, or have Stormgate not count towards victory, but only be useful as a gold and food mine, but I like that idea less. But as it stands now, those starting in the capital regions have a huge advantage. 5 of the eight winners have come from there and 5242 and 5267 had cases of the original Stormgate owner dropping for reasons unrelated to not doing well. If you are starting in the Crown Islands and want to build up, you are probably not going to be able to win using that strategy.
Of course, the other way is that players adjust and when they see somebody with two regions, one of them being Stormgate, they realize they have to attack the other region right away and not wait for them to gain their third because often it's too late at that point.

Hey, everyone! I'm new here!