Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next Map and Military Kingdoms
I am going through some second thoughts on having the next map be Mediterranean style, i.e., emphasizing sea power, as that has not been a strength of my design.   We can go that way, and it would be something of an achievement for me, but is that really what players want?  It's a significant undertaking.  I could more easily do a map with possibly even lessening the naval aspects.

Then, there have been some discussions on the military kingdoms.  I think the Red Dragons are doing fine, as are the Nomads.  The Dwarves have something of a path to take, but with barrage, they are formidable, even for the Red Dragons.  I am not sure we have quite figured out the Amazons (as in a top player has not taken them through), or the Lizard Kingdom.  In my mind, players have not yet adapted to the Kingdom Traits.  The Amazons are about as fast as the dragons - is that being used?  And they have foreknowledge and Devout, as well as Riders and Mastery in the plains.  I just think players haven't reached it yet for the Amazons, Lizard Kingdom or Sacred Order.  You have to use the traits, and know your enemy's traits.  And, you have to fight.  It's going to be harder if you lay back like a wizard kingdom.

I would agree on going with less naval (perhaps an all land map, similar to Duel map) until such time as the naval combat rules are more fully developed and provide more options, detail, strategy, and tactics. However, when those naval rules are redone, then I think a Mediterranean style map would rock.

(10-06-2016, 02:45 AM)IMPERIAL_TARK Wrote: I would agree on going with less naval (perhaps an all land map, similar to Duel map) until such time as the naval combat rules are more fully developed and provide more options, detail, strategy, and tactics.  However, when those naval rules are redone, then I think a Mediterranean style map would rock.

Yeah, I'm kind of leaning that way with a new map, replacing kingdoms, spell changes, etc.  I think I might put off the naval improvements but do want to get improvement on the transfers.  And I am still contemplating the new kingdoms.

You could achieve some of the same strategic and game-play elements by eliminating water and making certain chunks of the map mountains (or even impassable mountains, with no pop centers, unusual sightings, or movement).