Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mistakes
Aaahhh!!! Don't you hate it when you make a newbie mistake and don't realize it until several turns later. Someone kick me please!!!

(06-22-2017, 03:55 PM)Mad Hatter Wrote: Aaahhh!!! Don't you hate it when you make a newbie mistake and don't realize it until several turns later. Someone kick me please!!!

It's not just newbies, MH.  No one has played a perfect game.  In a recent game, The Gray Mouser had two groups with three Power 5 wizards in each group in an area with one enemy group.  Six combat spells issued at that group.  Problem was he forgot to issue the attack order so the spells fizzled.

The order checker is great at preventing technical errors, but it doesn't know if you want to issue an attack, for example. 

All players should realize they will make mistakes, but so will all their opponents.

Just to finish the thought, even chess grand masters, in a game with just six different piece types, all with just one move type, on a board with just 64 squares and just two players don't play perfect games.  Humans.

(06-22-2017, 04:16 PM)Ry Vor Wrote:
(06-22-2017, 03:55 PM)Mad Hatter Wrote: Aaahhh!!! Don't you hate it when you make a newbie mistake and don't realize it until several turns later. Someone kick me please!!!

It's not just newbies, MH.  No one has played a perfect game.  In a recent game, The Gray Mouser had two groups with three Power 5 wizards in each group in an area with one enemy group.  Six combat spells issued at that group.  Problem was he forgot to issue the attack order so the spells fizzled.

The order checker is great at preventing technical errors, but it doesn't know if you want to issue an attack, for example. 

All players should realize they will make mistakes, but so will all their opponents.

Just to finish the thought, even chess grand masters, in a game with just six different piece types, all with just one move type, on a board with just 64 squares and just two players don't play perfect games.  Humans.

My opponents don't make mistakes Sad

They do just less than you do Smile....Just work on making fewer mistakes!
Fear casts a large shadow, yet he himself is very small.