Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bribe working correctly?
One of my games I have attempted to bribe more than 10 emissaries at Count or higher level and received nothing. The odds are based on %of influence still yes? So Prince should give up a skeleton at 80%? I understand the chance resets every time but the odds of this happening are incalculable.

Anyone else noticing that it seems harder the past few months?

(03-20-2017, 07:23 PM)Acererak Wrote: One of my games I have attempted to bribe more than 10 emissaries at Count or higher level and received nothing. The odds are based on %of influence still yes? So Prince should give up a skeleton at 80%? I understand the chance resets every time but the odds of this happening are incalculable.

Anyone else noticing that it seems harder the past few months?

I think.... and I could be wrong, but I think it's ALSO based on the skill level of the agent. So if you have a 4th level agent attempting to do the bribing he may only have an X% chance of success and THEN you also roll to see if the prisoner gives up the info at his emmy level. So both rolls have to be successful. At least I get much better success when I use higher level agents.

Bribe is in the calculator tools.

Is that where you got your 80%

I always understood it like Acererak did. Guess I need to check the calculator.

What kind of messages are being displayed on your kingdom report? Different text displays for various bribe attempts...

(03-20-2017, 08:50 PM)unclemike Wrote: What kind of messages are being displayed on your kingdom report? Different text displays for various bribe attempts...

These are always prisoners, so in every case it's the "did not provide conclusive, damaging evidence even

under torture."

(03-20-2017, 10:10 PM)Acererak Wrote:
(03-20-2017, 08:50 PM)unclemike Wrote: What kind of messages are being displayed on your kingdom report? Different text displays for various bribe attempts...

These are always prisoners, so in every case it's the "did not provide conclusive, damaging evidence even

under torture."

Ok, checked the calculator and it does vary quite a bit based on level of agent. That is news to me Smile. Ok, glad Acererak asked the question.

(03-20-2017, 10:45 PM)VballMichael Wrote:
(03-20-2017, 10:10 PM)Acererak Wrote:

under torture."

Ok, checked the calculator and it does vary quite a bit based on level of agent. That is news to me Smile. Ok, glad Acererak asked the question.

I tried with a level 14 agent. Still nothing on a Prince.

I looked it up and he's been using L4 and L5 agents which aren't that great but even with them, he was able to pick up 3 skeletons which is pretty lucky! Last turn, his L14 bribe was just an unlucky die roll but I wouldn't complain with the success of those low level agent bribes...

(03-21-2017, 12:05 AM)unclemike Wrote: I looked it up and he's been using L4 and L5 agents which aren't that great but even with them, he was able to pick up 3 skeletons which is pretty lucky! Last turn, his L14 bribe was just an unlucky die roll but I wouldn't complain with the success of those low level agent bribes...

I wouldn't have asked if I thought the chance increased with higher agent level, so that changes things. You're right- I've mostly done level 4 and 5 and maybe picked up a few but missed a lot. 

Thanks for clarifying.