Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Curious how many are enjoying the 48 hour turn around game
(10-23-2019, 05:55 PM)Brekk Wrote:
(10-23-2019, 05:51 PM)unclemike Wrote: Now I don't want to sound like a party pooper but with the ready button functionality, all games may have a 48hr turnaround at any time for any reason....

It funtion yes, in reality no.  The difference is it is a forced turn around, and besides we all know Draugr and Rellgar have no idea where that button is... Smile

Hahaha  truth

(10-23-2019, 05:51 PM)unclemike Wrote: Now I don't want to sound like a party pooper but with the ready button functionality, all games may have a 48hr turnaround at any time for any reason....

It funtion yes, in reality no.  The difference is it is a forced turn around, and besides we all know Draugr and Rellgar have no idea where that button is... Smile

Bah I hit ready when I do my orders but many times only hours before it is due.   I would be good with a last to finish turn need to before to finish the next turn

(10-23-2019, 06:34 PM)Draugr Wrote:

Bah I hit ready when I do my orders but many times only hours before it is due.   I would be good with a last to finish turn need to before to finish the next turn

I figured your success rate was due to lulling us all into a sense of boredom and frustration waiting for you to hit "ready'. 

SQUIRREL

I think Draugr is actually just being nice and allowing the games to last longer before he squashes us. No I am not bitter that he just won with the Rangers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ashgar the Bloodthirsty. 

My blood, your blood, what difference does it make!  

Time will tell.................

(10-23-2019, 06:52 PM)The Painted Man Wrote:
(10-23-2019, 06:34 PM)Draugr Wrote:

I figured your success rate was due to lulling us all into a sense of boredom and frustration waiting for you to hit "ready'. 

SQUIRREL

I may be guilty of that when I get attacked on turn 3 or so.  But mostly I am just a busy guy.

We have lots of players who have not returned because they feel (maybe without having tried) that 72 hours is too fast.  If you read Suspense & Decision, some companies are making news for their experiment in having turns faster than once every two weeks.

We have tried to say that if you are last on a turn, right at the deadline, as courtesy and also using top of mind short term memory, try to immediately do the next turn and declare Ready.  Remember, even if Ready, you can make changes up until everyone is Ready.  In any case, try not to be last two turns in a row, or maybe not even two times in a game being last at the deadline.

The other thought is the number of games you are in.  I would guess if you are at Scout and love the game, that 72 hours is a looonnnggg time.  At Warrior, you obviously get 2x as many turns at least in the same 72 hour period, and at Commander with three games going, on average you are doing/getting a turn a day.

Yep, I can understand what you are saying Ry Vor.
I was just curious how others enjoyed the game turnaround being set faster. For me less games faster so they didn't bunch up is appealing, and faster feedback for my obsessive nature is also appealing.

(10-24-2019, 07:07 PM)Brekk Wrote: Yep, I can understand what you are saying Ry Vor.
I was just curious how others enjoyed the game turnaround being set faster.  For me less games faster so they didn't bunch up is appealing, and faster feedback for my obsessive nature is also appealing.

I know.  But this song came to mind:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJTSmLqg6iE

We have Warriors and Commanders that have been around for many years, going back a long time even with some years of separation.  We get Imperators to flame out at a higher rate.   I'd rather have players in 3 games at a time for a lifetime of special diversion enjoyment only found here, than a shooting star burnt out after a year.  But I know we are all different and have different things going on and I plead guilty to Alamaze being, well, special, and so perhaps over-indulgence is a pardonable sin. 

I do think, once beyond a newbie, it is better to be in two games than in one, as I talked about awhile back.  It can be jarring if you didn't see that train coming and the campaign is over.   And if you play three games at a time, you will learn quite quickly, like, oh, at least three times quicker than playing one at a time, but probably a higher multiple than that.  If greater numbers don't stress you, and clearly it doesn't for our long time Victors and Imperators, go for it.  I just kind of want our new enthusiasts to have long careers.   Smile