Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DuPont
DuPont:
Been a bit since the disaster. How is your life looking now? Not trying to be nosy, but I think a lot of people hope life is looking up....

Sorry, just noticed this. Well, I'm adjusting. I've relocated to Charleston, SC until June of next year. The schools on my island are all closed for the year and DuPont V would not be well served by me homeschooling him. Plus, very few kids are left on the island right now, so he'd have nobody to play with. Fortunately, my business is a partnership with me and my brother. He is on the island doing jobs as they come up and then he shoots the data to me and I do my part. In one sense, I feel a bit bad as he's got the brunt of living in a disaster zone by himself (his wife is over in the US, too) but it just can't be helped.
There are huge challenges ahead. The island was devastated. Even with some people returning, the population of the hardest-hit areas is probably 1/3rd of what it was before the storm - possibly 1/4th. We have a lot of rebuilding to do. As some may know, I'm also involved in politics, so I am doing what I can in that role as well. Some days it's a lot to deal with - I try not to miss turns, but if it happens, that's usually why. But I'm an adaptable soul and I've got DuPont V here with me as well as my beagle, so I'm pretty happy. Thanks for asking!

(11-21-2019, 06:23 AM)DuPont Wrote: Sorry, just noticed this. Well, I'm adjusting. I've relocated to Charleston, SC until June of next year. The schools on my island are all closed for the year and DuPont V would not be well served by me homeschooling him. Plus, very few kids are left on the island right now, so he'd have nobody to play with. Fortunately, my business is a partnership with me and my brother. He is on the island doing jobs as they come up and then he shoots the data to me and I do my part. In one sense, I feel a bit bad as he's got the brunt of living in a disaster zone by himself (his wife is over in the US, too) but it just can't be helped.
There are huge challenges ahead. The island was devastated. Even with some people returning, the population of the hardest-hit areas is probably 1/3rd of what it was before the storm - possibly 1/4th. We have a lot of rebuilding to do. As some may know, I'm also involved in politics, so I am doing what I can in that role as well. Some days it's a lot to deal with - I try not to miss turns, but if it happens, that's usually why. But I'm an adaptable soul and I've got DuPont V here with me as well as my beagle, so I'm pretty happy. Thanks for asking!

It always amazes me how tough and resilient people can be when the need arises. People cut themselves short all the time when they say I could never do that. But we are tougher then we believe we are. 

We are sorry that this happened to the people of the Bahamas, we hate to see anything like that happen to any of the peoples of the world. We pray that the people will come out stronger and what they rebuild they can rebuild even better then what they had before. We are also happy to hear your Beagle was alright. 

We heard about the dog miracle in the news. Buried alive for weeks. It is hard to imagine what he went through.
Live your life so that the fear of death can never enter your heart, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so that when their time comes, they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way.

Sing Your Death Song And Die Like A Warrior Going Home.
Tecumseh, Shawnee Chief