Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Double Taxing to train troops
Is everyone doing this?

I see a number of players taxing their own PC's so that they can attack them to train their troops.  I have resisted doing this because it felt a bit like 'cheese' as they say but if everyone is doing this then my military kingdoms are going to have to keep pace.  Would be interested in thoughts.
-This Khal Drogo, it's said he has a hundred thousand men in his horde

(10-12-2020, 07:15 PM)Drogo Wrote: Is everyone doing this?

I see a number of players taxing their own PC's so that they can attack them to train their troops.  I have resisted doing this because it felt a bit like 'cheese' as they say but if everyone is doing this then my military kingdoms are going to have to keep pace.  Would be interested in thoughts.

I do it.  Attacking a city gives really great chance at elite promotions.  Since it expensive with regard to regional reaction and time, I don't really consider it cheesy, but maybe it is.  Another way it to triple recruit.  Same result, no reaction loss.  I do that at stormgate.

(10-12-2020, 07:25 PM)Senior Tactician Wrote:

I do it.  Attacking a city gives really great chance at elite promotions.  Since it expensive with regard to regional reaction and time, I don't really consider it cheesy, but maybe it is.  Another way it to triple recruit.  Same result, no reaction loss.  I do that at stormgate.

You people are devious.  Through the years, I have always underestimated players' ability to exploit my naivety.

(10-12-2020, 07:53 PM)Ry Vor Wrote:
(10-12-2020, 07:25 PM)Senior Tactician Wrote:

You people are devious.  Through the years, I have always underestimated players' ability to exploit my naivety.
I get most of my ideas from the best players recycle pile.  There is nothing like a team game with the leaders to learn a new trick.  If your team game with Draugr ever launches he can show you some cool things Mr. Drogo.

You can triple recruit and the city turns neutral with no regional reaction penalty? Did not know that.

(10-12-2020, 08:35 PM)Drogo Wrote: You can triple recruit and the city turns neutral with no regional reaction penalty?  Did not know that.

I thought it was banned then noticed others doing it, so hey...Also, we all jumped off the same bridge, as my mother advised.

Drogo doesn't like communication games but full communication is the best way to learn new tricks.

Then, can you recruit more than 3 brigades?

(10-12-2020, 11:21 PM)Drogo Wrote: Then, can you recruit more than 3 brigades?

Three is the limit

(10-12-2020, 11:45 PM)Wookie Panz Wrote:
(10-12-2020, 11:21 PM)Drogo Wrote: Then, can you recruit more than 3 brigades?

Three is the limit

Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three.