Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 73 Tales of confederation
Victory By Team (8 Regions) Is The Druid Kingdom!
                           Game End Status Points

Place Kingdom    Player                Results-37  Grand Total

1     DU     Senior Tactician          63,358      94,093
          2     HA     Senior Tactician          17,719      33,910

Victory is actually by everyone else dropping....  yay...  I'll take it.

(09-07-2021, 08:29 PM)Senior Tactician Wrote: Victory By Team (8 Regions) Is The Druid Kingdom!
                           Game End Status Points

Place Kingdom    Player                Results-37  Grand Total

1     DU     Senior Tactician          63,358      94,093
          2     HA     Senior Tactician          17,719      33,910

Victory is actually by everyone else dropping....  yay...  I'll take it.
Congratulations Senior.

First I'd like to point out this is my second confederation game and second confederation win.  There is, therefore, zero evidence to conclude that I can be defeated in a confederation game.

Having people drop the game long before they have been totally defeated helps the most, but I have come to see this as the norm in confederation games (in my vast experience of two games).  Once someone's win chance gets too low, its simply too much work to fill out orders for two kingdoms just to say "I finished the game".  I completely get it, and would probably do the same.  Not to mention the loss of our good friend Windstar who dropped this game for personal reasons, we all hope to see him back soon.

At the end, Brek and I were both highly developed in terms of wizards as far as I could tell, I had a jump in terms of territory.  But with only the two of us left in the game, I can see why he'd want to stop filling out turns.

Not much to celebrate, but I will brag nevertheless.

In any case, the game from my perspective (briefly):

I had the DU in Darkover and the HA in Crown Islands.  The HA built a production center and funneled food and gold to the DU.  With the DU, I built 3 divisions of 2 mammoths and 3 hill giants (with a power 6 and 4 for teleport, invisible and summon death), and one massive army containing the same plus 5 minotaur and about 30 vikings... easily able to take legendary with the divisions able to take towns.

With the HA I started off with 4 groups each with 2 brigades of ents... which were able to take villages by themselves (invisible, teleporting), but switched tactics later to 4 patrols of power 7 and 5, for summon phantoms and meteor strike.  Oddly, with this strategy my HA had better wizards than my DU.  But that plan went well with the HA ability to make an elite ship anywhere without owning a coastal PC.  I would use the HA patrols to deal with all the water PCs, destroying them, and allow the DU to take all the regions.  This would work in my favor for the DU to have all the regions should the game come down to a 40 turn status point win.

While I was building, I searched for all the hidden towns, and found all of them.  First was the DE and PI, then the IL and finally in literally the very last square I looked, found the AT.

Dupont and Painted began fighting immediately, and Dupont must have thought he had the upper hand, because he started attacking Pine Needle as well, but was ultimately defeated by both, I assume.  For a good long while, three of us were not fighting, Me, Brek and Windstar.   I was in the middle, and concerned if I hit one, the other would back-door me.  Until I remembered that was frowned upon, so I hit Windstar and declared him an enemy so Brek would not be completely free to attack me... then Windstar dropped a turn later due to personal reasons.  Dupont also dropped around this time. 

I waited for a while, I could not tell much of who was doing what with four of us left in the game (Me, Pine, Brek, Painted) I decided to choose Painted as my next enemy because his regions were more land-based, so I declared him enemy and was about to attack, but Brek beat me to it... so I moved on Pine instead.  I used the HA patrols on the water to destroy the DE capitol, and moved onto the PI capitol to do the same, but then Pine dropped.  I did take and hold one of his regions and destroyed two of his groups, so I don't think there was a whole lot left for him to do, he had to battle the RD and BL earlier in the game, and was therefore not as far advanced as I was.

Painted dropped soon after and it was a race between myself and Brek to clean up the human controlled regions. However, Brek already had control of two of the easiest regions to take for someone with a lot of armies, Untamed and Mythgar, so in the last turn of the game instead of moving to pellinor I moved on Untamed.  But then Brek failed his motivation check and dropped.

For me, it wasn't the most exciting game, but I did learn some new tactics, made very few mistakes, and am pretty happy with it overall.

I'm eager to hear how the real battles in the game went, Dupont vs Painted, Dupont vs Pine Needle.

I attacked DuPont before he was done with Painted. My demon military bounced the dragon capitals a few times (from Pellinor to Stormgate) and Blackfire in Untamed. The Pirate didn't really factor in militarily but agents (peaked with three level 17s) made mincemeat of his wizards and emis. Demon had the gem of planes which certainly helped.

I know DuPont thought (maybe thinks) I was tagteaming, but there was no way I was going to sit back and wait for next when Ranger was already rolled, and the only place Dragon man could go next were my regions.

The key battle was between the 1RD and a pirate army and patrol at JJ. I was able to kill his warlord, and maybe wizards, and each took 20% casualties. That ended the Red military threat and he dropped.

Then Painted and I has a low grade war for a couple of turns over Mythgar, Untamed and Pellinor, with him taking the former two and me the latter and Stormgate. That was the high point.

I failed at raising PI Wizard to level 6 4 or more times which really sucked as I knew how far behind I was. Demon was always food starved, and I never could build legendaries to protect the cities I took from the dragons.

Then NE, DU and AT attacked all at once, and the house of cards folded. Never rely on hidden caps when Senior is in the game.

I dropped after Painted, though, not before.

Sort of fun but a lot of work to do two turns every turn.

I got it handed to me over and over and over. Smile But I did make it to the coveted third-to-drop position.

Started out immediately on the defensive against RD and BL, and my RA simply weren't a match. AT was able to support and build a little, and then once they assumed I was out of it the dragons engaged Pine and I was able to beat my way back into a couple of regions. I had a wandering AT army group that made it all the way over to Untamed and later to the city in Pellinor that it destroyed before moving into Nyvaria to take revenge on the NE and SO that had so eloquently backdoored me.

I lasted longer than expected (that's what she said) and likely could have lasted slightly longer (also what she said), but ultimately the turns felt like a chore and I made the decision to drop.

Congrats to both Brek and ST for sticking to their plans and spanking some booty.

I love and hate confederation games.
I have to say my favorite move of the game, was to cause a war, which didn't include meSmile
Anticipating attacks from double dragons, I did some nefarious things to Dupont which Painted got all the credit for...made me smile inside and out.

(09-08-2021, 05:08 PM)Brekk Wrote: I love and hate confederation games.  
I have to say my favorite move of the game, was to cause a war, which didn't include meSmile
Anticipating attacks from double dragons, I did some nefarious things to Dupont which Painted got all the credit for...made me smile inside and out.

What does an inside smile look like, out of curiousity?

Hey Dupont, don't be mad at me for the 2 on 1. It was actually 3 on 1 (see Brek's deposition above).