Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help needed with login
Habeas has asked me to post this for him.  He is having trouble with the forum login and may be unable to continue playing unless he can resolve it.
He may be contacted directly by email at this address:   bdsimpson123@yahoo.com
Below is his message:

My issue:

I have been using the same laptop for a couple of years and it has always recognized me when I go to Alamaze.co forum.  About six weeks ago it stopped working - i.e. it would see me as a Guest which meant I couldn't post.  When I log in, it accepts my password, but it still shows me as a Guest and still doesn't allow me to post.  Rick suggested I clear my cookies etc ... which I did but had the same issue.  I could sign in but I still showed as a Guest with no posting ability.  I have tried changing passwords multiple times.

I went to my desktop computer and logged in there.  I was able to post for a few days but as of yesterday I have lost access there as well.  Same issue - shows me as a Guest, can log in, but I am kept as a Guest status with no posting ability.  Are there any techies out there that could help a fellow Alamazer out?

Try clicking the Forum Index button just under the picture of Conan the Barbarian, right of alamaze home page. It works for me.

(01-15-2022, 06:37 PM)Windstar Wrote: Try clicking the Forum Index button just under the picture of Conan the Barbarian, right of alamaze home page. It works for me.

Yes, I and a few others have had this issue starting a few months ago.  Some combination of ISP and browser, causing an issue for some.

The workaround is after you sign in, it says "success..." and then says again, "Welcome guest".   Go immediately to the index (kind of the home page - just click on the left most part of the link - "Alamaze & Fall of Rome Forum".  From there, click on any topic, like General Discussion.  When redirected there, you should then be recognized as logged in with your handle.  Then you can post normally. You might consider not logging out later, to save the trouble the next time.

(01-16-2022, 01:21 AM)Ry Vor Wrote:
(01-15-2022, 06:37 PM)Windstar Wrote: Try clicking the Forum Index button just under the picture of Conan the Barbarian, right of alamaze home page. It works for me.

Yes, I and a few others have had this issue starting a few months ago.  Some combination of ISP and browser, causing an issue for some.

The workaround is after you sign in, it says "success..." and then says again, "Welcome guest".   Go immediately to the index (kind of the home page - just click on the left most part of the link - "Alamaze & Fall of Rome Forum".  From there, click on any topic, like General Discussion.  When redirected there, you should then be recognized as logged in with your handle.  Then you can post normally.  You might consider not logging out later, to save the trouble the next time.

This has worked ... thanks everyone!!

HabeusCorpus