Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Calculations
Thinking about 320 and 330 orders and trying to put together a little updated calculator, but one thing is confusing me.
Many kingdoms are a plus percentage to 320 and/or 330 and that is easy to factor in. But when it is a point value, such as adds 5 points or adds 20 points, I am finding a governor can take a controlled city early in the game, so I must be putting the 20 points in the wrong place.
Any thoughts on where the 20 points gets added?

(09-09-2022, 09:20 PM)VballMichael Wrote: Thinking about 320 and 330 orders and trying to put together a little updated calculator, but one thing is confusing me.
Many kingdoms are a plus percentage to 320 and/or 330 and that is easy to factor in. But when it is a point value, such as adds 5 points or adds 20 points, I am finding a governor can take a controlled city early in the game, so I must be putting the 20 points in the wrong place.
Any thoughts on where the 20 points gets added?

Rick doesn't want me to disclose details on certain things, but I am planning on making a browser-based version of 3rd Cycle's The Choosing spreadsheet that Frost made us some years ago. Not everyone has Excel to view that spreadsheet, so I need to make a web browser version anyway of that. Can't say when it will be ready but it'll provide the most accurate estimate on the game. I'm considering adding a brand new section for players to estimate how successful combat will be between two groups or a group against a popcenter. That'll be more useful than just saying be twice the pc defense...