Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Change to Battle Rules
Just thought you should all know, the rule that says troops attacking a pop center need to engage any enemy troops outside the pop center before attacking no longer applies. My 1FO was defending outside my capital, and the 1GI was able to saunter past them and take it without so much as a by your leave.

I guess they forgot that they were there!

(10-12-2022, 12:59 PM)DuPont Wrote: I guess they forgot that they were there!

That must be it.

(10-12-2022, 12:22 PM)Eregnon Wrote: Just thought you should all know, the rule that says troops attacking a pop center need to engage any enemy troops outside the pop center before attacking no longer applies. My 1FO was defending outside my capital, and the 1GI was able to saunter past them and take it without so much as a by your leave.

Was your group invisible at the time? Ambushing and invisible groups don't block the attack on the pop center.

The Forgotten kingdom gets a Glyph of Concealment (hidden capital) which makes all of your groups at that locationĀ invisible regardless of size. Actually, it's the only way that an army-group size group may become invisible.

Your invisible group must be given the order to attack the foreign group to defend a hidden pop center. If you just sat there on a defend 120 order, your group didn't do anything to protect your hidden pop center.

Rulebook mentions that ambushing/invisible groups won't prevent an attack on your pop center...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

It's amazing how I've been playing this game for so long and I still get surprised by things I didn't know! It's what I love about the game. Though I'm glad this wasn't my capital, because I would have totally defended and not expected to be bypassed.

Yep, I knew that one because I screwed it up a year ago Smile.

(10-12-2022, 06:52 PM)unclemike Wrote: Rulebook mentions that ambushing/invisible groups won't prevent an attack on your pop center...

What if the enemy has tracking and therefore sees you?