Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to recover an artifact
If I know where an artifact is, how do I recover it, if it is not at a pop center?

(01-31-2023, 09:40 PM)Maximus Dominus Wrote: If I know where an artifact is, how do I recover it, if it is not at a pop center?

Send a patrol w leaders and wizards after it gets there you investigate unusual sighting

(01-31-2023, 10:43 PM)PTRILEY Wrote: Send a patrol w leaders and wizards after it gets there you investigate unusual sighting

The turn has already run. I just said to hell with it.

Not even sure if my groups would have been able to reach the locations.

One thing that always makes turns easier is to look at it as soon as possible.  Try to get some obvious orders out of the way early.  Old fashioned me likes to write things down on a pad - notes to self stuff and movement paths.
Refer to rules for anything that you are not certain of or get off an early forum post with questions.  
I often sleep on the harder stuff like battles and have some fresh ideas on day two.  You might also get some questions answered on day two if you asked them on day 1.
If you wait until the last few hours before the turn is done the chance of getting forum help is slim and you definitely put more pressure on yourself.

(01-31-2023, 11:46 PM)Maximus Dominus Wrote:
(01-31-2023, 10:43 PM)PTRILEY Wrote: Send a patrol w leaders and wizards after it gets there you investigate unusual sighting

The turn has already run. I just said to hell with it.

At first, I thought this was in jest. The hell with it? Really?

Just read the appropriate section in the rulebook, section Unusual Encounters, page 108. It's helpful.

About not knowing if your group will reach the map location, click on the Verify Orders button. It's helpful too.

(02-01-2023, 09:31 PM)unclemike Wrote: At first, I thought this was in jest. The hell with it? Really?

Just read the appropriate section in the rulebook, section Unusual Encounters, page 108. It's helpful.

About not knowing if your group will reach the map location, click on the Verify Orders button. It's helpful too.

Yes, the hell with it, because every interaction that I have with anything Alamaze related doesn't enjoy the same amount of time to allocate to it, in any given instance.

I try give priority to trying to get turn orders getting issued before the turn processes over secondary matters, such as reading and familiarizing myself with the rules. Above all things Alamaze related, though, including the issuing of turn orders before the deadline, are real world issues of priority for me, which include a range of different things. The time that I allocate to trying to explore, and learn, and aid things pertaining to Alamaze figuring out ways to grow the Alamaze player base (and to do things in the past, such as to try and figure out a way to enable Alamaze forum users to stay logged in to the forum) isn't unlimited. I have many irons in the fire - always!

Rome wasn't built in a day, and neither was Alamaze nor its rulebook. Accordingly, I have no plans to learn Alamaze in a proverbial day, either.

(02-01-2023, 09:31 PM)unclemike Wrote: The turn has already run. I just said to hell with it.

[/quote]

So, here I am, months later, and the advice to "read the appropriate section in the rulebook" isn't really helpful, at all.

Who do I send? How many do I send? When do I send them? How many artifacts should I go after?

If I know where artifacts are on my Turn #0 report, do I make recovering artifacts my top priority? A fairly high priority? Which artifacts do I go after first? Is recovering artifacts a higher priority than, say, searching for population centers?

Pop centers are almost always a priority over artifacts. Artifacts are good for training your leaders, and are a source of gold (relevant in the early game more than late).

They also can be an element of your early strategic goals (but that's not the artifact being important, really).

On the whole, artifacts are of minor value, but a couple of them can be very valuable like the gem of planes (especially now that flying is denigrated), the plow of the prophet, the rings of power and invisibility.

Chasing artifacts is also kind of fun, I think.

(09-14-2023, 01:50 PM)Maximus Dominus Wrote:
(02-01-2023, 09:31 PM)unclemike Wrote: The turn has already run. I just said to hell with it.

So, here I am, months later, and the advice to "read the appropriate section in the rulebook" isn't really helpful, at all.

Who do I send? How many do I send? When do I send them? How many artifacts should I go after?[/quote]

Best to send patrols, at least 1 wizard of Power3 or better maybe 2. two leaders a lower level and higher level.

[/quote] If I know where artifacts are on my Turn #0 report, do I make recovering artifacts my top priority? A fairly high priority? Which artifacts do I go after first? Is recovering artifacts a higher priority than, say, searching for population centers?
[/quote]

Artifact level dictates bigger patrol level in wizard and leaders. Key for quest. Weapon and armor artifacts give bonus to groups, bigger the group value bigger the bonus overall. Many artifacts have great use Crystal of seeing is a great one, plow is good, any that give a king multi commands to enamor or denigrate an enemy. As always population conquering is the priority due to control and production, but artifacts are fun.