Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for some help on newbie documents
Trying to put together stuff like the calculators for attacking PC's, Agent, Emmy use etc.  I am planing to add them to the new website.  Post whatever you have or use or are willing to share. 

Thanks John

(05-16-2023, 09:55 PM)Brekk Wrote: Trying to put together stuff like the calculators for attacking PC's, Agent, Emmy use etc.  I am planing to add them to the new website.  Post whatever you have or use or are willing to share. 

Thanks John

This document has the emmie success table and a few other useful informational tabs.

Attached Files
.xlsx   maelstrom_aids for sharing 2-8-22.xlsb.xlsx (Size: 38.6 KB / Downloads: 4)

While we discuss helpful information. Can we discuss information that Rick was very opposed to sharing, military values. The Alamaze community was able to factor the emissary success criteria from information contained in the rule book and forums. The Agent success chances are actually published in the rule book. Magic success is very clearly defined in the rule book. Military success remains hidden. Why? If we understood how defensive values worked and the value for regular troop levels it would make military encounters less of a mystery and potentially prevent military calamities from occurring.

(05-17-2023, 10:53 PM)gkmetty Wrote: While we discuss helpful information. Can we discuss information that Rick was very opposed to sharing, military values. The Alamaze community was able to factor the emissary success criteria from information contained in the rule book and forums. The Agent success chances are actually published in the rule book. Magic success is very clearly defined in the rule book. Military success remains hidden. Why? If we understood how defensive values worked and the value for regular troop levels it would make military encounters less of a mystery and potentially prevent military calamities from occurring.

I can't tell you why Rick was opposed but I suspect it similar to mine.  
Troops, combat strength etc. are sort of the "secret sauce" of Alamaze.  That said I think the sheets give you a relative good idea on the different strength's of troops in a particular, terrain, moral, against PC's and even breaks it down to phases. I think this makes it extremely easy to know how a fight against a PC for instance will work, but not against your opponents troops, unless you know his particular strength, troop composition, moral, magic items, this seems perfect to me.  
I am planning to give each kingdom a 5 star system for 4 categories (Magic, Military, Political, Espionage), but that really will only help new players not veterans so much.

hoped that helped even if it wasn't the answer you wanted.  In the future I could change my mind but for now I like how its working.

John