Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 5703
This one will end with AL and DK sparring at Stormgate.  There are 3 groups with lots of very high powered wizards for the 
Alchemist versus 5 groups full of death for the Death Knights.
It should be interesting.

A terrible final turn for the Demon Princes, though in truth, the worst had already transpired. A very nice finish by the Giants player, and the Giants ended up finishing well ahead of where I would have guessed that they might finish a number of turns back. Even still, they didn't win, and for a long while, they took it on the chin.

Solace                Was conquered by siege from the 4th Giants (Area WL).

Typos continue to be discovered in Alamaze, as the above example demonstrates. The Giants conquered Solace, it wasn't conquered from them.

All things considered, I had a lot of fun in this game, and I am also glad that this one is over. I made numerous mistakes over the course of the game, but I learned a good bit, also, even if my kingdom's final standing in the victory rankings may not seem to indicate that.

That one turn that I missed several turns back helped to pave the way for my kingdom's downfall, but solid play by the Giants player in the waning stage of the game was the bigger deciding factor. That my kingdom even survived until the very end proved to be perhaps the biggest surprise of all for me.

On the final turn of Alamaze games, the game/system doesn't really bother to tell the players very much about the other kingdoms, which is a missed opportunity, I think, and which translates into games of Alamaze ultimately ending up less memorable than they otherwise might. Alamaze tracks various data about kingdoms, but does very little of consequence with it, preferring instead to rely upon a Valhalla model that doesn't really seem to get much use or much mention by the player base.

The end of this game now brings me down to being in just two active games of Alamaze. Both of those games (#5728 and #5736) are also games where I play the Demon Princes kingdom. Of the various different kingdoms in Alamaze that I have played, the Demon Princes kingdom has proven to be the one that is the most fun to play. Proposals that will end up castrating the Demon Princes won't, I think, render a kingdom that is more fun to play. You'll just end up with a more watered down gaming product.

I have never seen such a major battle before.  5 Groups of Death Knights verses 3 groups of Alchemist.  This was so one way with the Death Knights having immunity to death spells, fear, and chaos.

This is just what the Death Knights wizards did BEFORE the BATTLE:

5th Deathknights      The Power-8 wizard Qrup Dilrir summoned an awesome magic, sending green
                            waves of death into the ranks of his enemy, wiping out 5 brigades of the
                            4th Alchemist force! [Iron Golem Regular, Rohirrim Regular, Rohirrim
                            Regular, Rohirrim Regular, Rohirrim Regular]

2nd Deathknights      The Power-8 wizard Kughuq summoned an awesome magic, sending green waves of
                            death into the ranks of his enemy, wiping out 5 brigades of the 3rd
                            Alchemist force! [Rohirrim Regular, Rohirrim Regular, Rohirrim Regular,
                            Shambling Mounds Regular, Zamorans Regular]

1st Deathknights      The Power-9 wizard Grobkuc summoned an awesome magic, sending green waves
                            of death into the ranks of his enemy, wiping out 3 brigades of the 4th
                            Alchemist force! [Gelatinous Cubes Veteran, Gelatinous Cubes Veteran,
                            Rohirrim Regular]

1st Deathknights      The Power-8 wizard Okler Szop summoned an awesome magic, sending green
                            3rd Alchemist force! [Gelatinous Cubes Veteran, Gelatinous Cubes Veteran,
                            Shambling Mounds Veteran, Stormgate Guard Veteran, Stormgate Guard Veteran]

3rd Deathknights      The Power-7 wizard Kyullo Zep summoned an awesome magic, sending green
                            2nd Alchemist force! [Iron Golem Regular, Minotaurs Regular, Minotaurs
                            Regular, Shambling Mounds Regular, Wildlings Regular]

5th Deathknights      The Power-8 wizard Akhoq Jukba summoned an awesome magic, sending green
                            3rd Alchemist force! [Gelatinous Cubes Veteran, Stormgate Guard Veteran,
                            Stormgate Guard Veteran, Zamorans Veteran, Zamorans Veteran]

4th Deathknights      The Power-8 wizard Palnuq death spell was ineffective since no brigades in
                            the 4th Alchemist may be affected by death magic.

4th Deathknights      The Power-8 wizard Cyibjuc summoned an awesome magic, sending green waves
                            of death into the ranks of his enemy, wiping out 4 brigades of the 2nd
                            Alchemist force! [Minotaurs Regular, Minotaurs Regular, Umber Hulks
                            Regular, Umber Hulks Regular]

3rd Deathknights      The Power-7 wizard Taq Ekrub summoned an awesome magic, sending green waves
                            of death into the ranks of his enemy, wiping out 4 brigades of the 3rd
                            Alchemist force! [Minotaurs Veteran, Minotaurs Veteran, Minotaurs Veteran,
                            Stormgate Guard Veteran]

Yes, nice job Wookie.

I didn't get to power 13 despite at least 5 attempts. Bummer.

(12-11-2023, 01:58 PM)Pine Needle Wrote: Yes, nice job Wookie.

I didn't get to power 13 despite at least 5 attempts. Bummer.

DW - Everyone

Thanks for an enjoyable first game back to Alamaze for me.  Definitely was a learning curve and made some mistakes here and there.