Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5705 full communication
Victory By Rex Is The Lycans Kingdom!
                            Game End Status Points

Place Kingdom    Player                Results-32  Grand Total

1    LY    Rellgar                  50,222      72,875
          2    UN    DuPont                    31,548      61,677
          3    AL    Wookie Panz              24,819      39,339
          4    WA    GrimFinger                22,730      34,420
          5    FF    Jon Deaux                15,891      27,322

Hopefully we will hear from the winner, Rellgar, and the strong 2nd place finisher, DuPont.  In the meantime I'll start the ball rolling from my experiance as a very distant third place finisher.

I had been away from Alamaze for nearly a year and decided to return and try some of the newer kingdoms, having never played them.  This game saw me with the Alchemist in Diamond Coast.  I'll eventually have a lot more to say about the Alchemist in a kingdom write up. 

For too many turns to mention I was sitting in my quiet corner, keeping my mouth shut and studying potions, as all good chemist are known to do.  Sometime after turn 20 along came the Devil himself, multiplied times 4, in the form of Windstar's Demon Princes.  Foolish old me had not paid proper attention to the neighbors and he caught me by surprise.  Well, sort of. 

Being a full communication game I had been helping out a pretty new player, Grim Finger, who happened to be my next door neighbor in Darkover, playing the Warlock.  Charles I said, how would you like to learn some new stuff and maybe expand your holdings?  And so in very short order I reclaimed my lost population centers in Diamond Coast while adding some Demon Prince reps as guest of my dungeon.  Charles had picked up holdings in Nyvaria from DE at the same time and within 5 turns Windstar dropped not only this game but his others as well.

As a side note, I have reached out to Guy to see why he dropped all of his games and I have not had a reply so if anyone knows him please tell him we miss him and hope he returns.

Returning to 5705, Charles, with WA, and I, with AL were splitting up Nyvaria when we were both jumped by DuPont with his massive UN kingdom behind him. WA lost 3 Princes to the UN on that first turn.

Fortunately for this old man, the new guy, Charles, had just that turn done a revelation spell on UN.  We knew exactly what we were facing.  UN had Pellinor for his home region with several water towns that were pretty much untouchable.  He also controlled Stormgate and the Untamed lands so Nyvaria would be his 4th region unless we stopped him.  With many high level agents,topping out at level 23, we had to be careful.

We played hit and run with a very clever DuPont from turn 25 until games end.  We would hit in one region with groups and port away outside of the agents reach.
Most of my emissaries were far north but I reached what I could and the much closer WA was a pest, start to finish.  UN expanded into Mythgar when the Giant player dropped.  Who drop's games controlling two regions? 
After our first brush up in Nyvaria it got hot there so we struck Untamed and broke the back of UN there.  Then we hopped into Mythgar, rinse and repeat.  On the final turn we had broken UN control in Nyvaria, Untamed, Mythgar, and had 6 groups on the UN capital about to sack it.

Well done by Grim Finger who has made lots of progress in a short time.  Also my respect and compliments  for DuPont, always a worthy foe who still finished in 2nd in this one. 
 I feel just a little bad about going for him 2-1 but he was winning and he attacked me first in a full communication game so nothing low about that blow.

Now let's hear from the other guys.

I reached out when he dropped, never heard back. Awhile ago he posted he had medical issues. Hope he is well

Dislike the Fairy Folk, screwed up half my turns doing stupid stuff.  Glad its over.

(12-01-2023, 03:16 AM)Senior Tactician Wrote: Dislike the Fairy Folk, screwed up half my turns doing stupid stuff.  Glad its over.

What's the worst and best things about playing the Fairy Folk?