Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
So what the HELL has Brek been up to with Alamaze!
Dear Alamaze Community,

I'm excited to share with you some of the future developments for our game. Your support, through both play and donations, has been invaluable, and I want to give you a glimpse into the ongoing work behind the scenes.

Our team, including Mike, has been diligently improving our current system. A significant motivation for acquiring Alamaze was its untapped potential, which we've been actively developing. Our aim is to make the game more accessible to everyone by lowering the entry threshold. This involves revamping the existing code and platform to enable gameplay on various devices like phones, iPads, and computers, thus allowing for easier manipulation of game elements and automating more actions in the background.

To support these enhancements, I'm planning to invest in a new server that offers greater power and bandwidth. This upgrade will facilitate the addition of new content, such as maps, troops, and kingdoms, and pave the way for introducing more games beyond Alamaze.

I’ve attached a few screenshots to offer you a sneak peek at the tools and improvements we're implementing. Your feedback is always welcome, so please feel free to send any questions my way.

I also want to extend a heartfelt thank you to everyone who has contributed financially, with special gratitude to those who have donated multiple times. Your generosity is greatly appreciated. While Alamaze currently costs around $250 monthly to maintain, I anticipate that these new investments will reduce the running costs to below $50. The acquisition of new hardware in the upcoming month will be a significant step in this direction.

Our goal is to keep Alamaze as accessible and enjoyable as possible until we're ready to introduce a new pricing model—this will only occur once we've expanded our player base and further developed the community to a point where we all feel confident in the game’s value and offerings.

Here are some examples of the tools that will be part of the "New" Alamaze experience.

Best regards,

Brek (John)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Quick update: all editors are finished. The artifact editor had hundreds of fields! My new server also arrived, so I can begin looking at consolidating a few remaining items.

The next stage of development will be the start of coding. I hope to have movable troops and emissaries, allowing you to just drag them across the map!

(03-29-2024, 04:16 PM)Brekk Wrote: A significant motivation for acquiring Alamaze was its untapped potential, which we've been actively developing. Our aim is to make the game more accessible to everyone by lowering the entry threshold. This involves revamping the existing code and platform to enable gameplay on various devices like phones, iPads, and computers, thus allowing for easier manipulation of game elements and automating more actions in the background.

Would individuals on desktop PCs have to use this same new system?

Also, is there an option to turn off all of those location letters, to enable players to see the map without all of that visual clutter? Or are they only visible when issuing certain orders?

(06-07-2024, 12:39 PM)Maximus Dominus Wrote:
(03-29-2024, 04:16 PM)Brekk Wrote: A significant motivation for acquiring Alamaze was its untapped potential, which we've been actively developing. Our aim is to make the game more accessible to everyone by lowering the entry threshold. This involves revamping the existing code and platform to enable gameplay on various devices like phones, iPads, and computers, thus allowing for easier manipulation of game elements and automating more actions in the background.

Would individuals on desktop PCs have to use this same new system?

Also, is there an option to turn off all of those location letters, to enable players to see the map without all of that visual clutter? Or are they only visible when issuing certain orders?

I could show you it easier than explain everything.

I have updated the setups for the kingdoms to reflect changes made in the last update. Some of the changes include correcting kingdoms who had immortality and the removal of the Tyrants' vulnerability to magic. I will be updating the rulebook next, so if anyone knows of any issues, let me know.