Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patrols and sea movement
Quick question: If you have a patrol and no sea transport, can you move a patrol into that sea? Or do you need a ship?

I believe you need ships or an elite ship.

(05-12-2024, 05:20 PM)Windstar3 Wrote: Quick question: If you have a patrol and no sea transport, can you move a patrol into that sea? Or do you need a ship?

Need fleet, elite ship or ship of mist to proceed into water.

(05-12-2024, 05:20 PM)Windstar3 Wrote: Quick question: If you have a patrol and no sea transport, can you move a patrol into that sea? Or do you need a ship?

You do not need a ship to move a patrol into the sea. I know as I have done it to recover an artifact. I teleport into an empty hex near the sea and move to the encounter. The next turn I investigate the encounter and teleport away. I have done this many times.

R

Unless this was changed, ships or elite ships were always needed to move on any water space. I’ve asked Brek to ask Mike if this was changed. Smile Rule book says ships are needed.

Rule book states:

While moving a patrol-sized group requires no fleets,
the movement still requires the group to be issued a sea movement order.

So no fleets needed.

Begs the question the point of the elite ship feature.

(05-13-2024, 01:27 PM)davekuyk Wrote: Rule book states:

While moving a patrol-sized group requires no fleets,
the movement still requires the group to be issued a sea movement order.

So no fleets needed.

Begs the question the point of the elite ship feature.

Misread it and true to why it would be needed. Hum

Talking to John/Brek, it’s a little screwy but a patrol doesn’t need ships to move on water, however if not in an elite ship moving and it gets interdicted by a sea patrol the entire patrol will die at sea. If in an elite ship it is safe. Thus the reason for the elite ship option? lol