Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Summoning phantoms
Here's a question: If you need to have one or three brigades in a group in order to recruit troops, can you just summon phantoms? They stick around from the time that they are summoned, and they leave once the turn is over. Just a thought.

I never considered this. Looking at the spell, I would say you are correct!

Name: Instant Summon Phantasmal Forces Spell #: 88

This is a pre-battle group spell that summons an illusionary brigade per two wizard
levels (rounded up) so a pwr-7 wizard will create 4 phantasmal force brigades for the
duration of the turn or until killed in battle. Maximum 5 phantasmal force brigades
per group and may be summoned in any terrain. They do not consume food or gold. All
phantasmal force brigades are destroyed at the end of turn.

(07-10-2024, 10:16 PM)Windstar3 Wrote: Here's a question: If you need to have one or three brigades in a group in order to recruit troops, can you just summon phantoms? They stick around from the time that they are summoned, and they leave once the turn is over. Just a thought.

It seems I did this once but it’s been so long ago Smile

(07-10-2024, 11:35 PM)Strongwill Wrote:
(07-10-2024, 10:16 PM)Windstar3 Wrote: Here's a question: If you need to have one or three brigades in a group in order to recruit troops, can you just summon phantoms? They stick around from the time that they are summoned, and they leave once the turn is over. Just a thought.

It seems I did this once but it’s been so long ago Smile

No troops required to summon phantoms. 
This is a great way to move an invis patrol on an elite ship to a pop, and then summon troops to attack the pop. You wont be able to move that turn tho, i believe, unless you have enough ships. 
it also allows you to cast meteor strike.  So you can move a patrol and then destroy a village or town without the enemy knowing.

I know that. What I am saying is that if you cast summon phantoms, are you able to recruit brigades that need like one or three brigades (an ogre needs a group to have three brigades in it upon recruitment). So, if I summon phantoms, am I able to recruit said ogres?

(07-11-2024, 04:51 PM)Windstar3 Wrote: I know that. What I am saying is that if you cast summon phantoms, are you able to recruit brigades that need like one or three brigades (an ogre needs a group to have three brigades in it upon recruitment). So, if I summon phantoms, am I able to recruit said ogres?

YES I have done it, any times.

R

Thanks. I shall use that tactic to better my game play.