Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stephen Colbert
He played D&D back in the day and I ran across his name in the old player base list.

(04-19-2013, 08:19 AM)Kalrex Wrote: He played D&D back in the day and I ran across his name in the old player base list.

I knew Colbert was a nerd but this moves him into uber nerd territory.

(04-19-2013, 08:19 AM)Kalrex Wrote: He played D&D back in the day and I ran across his name in the old player base list.

I really enjoy Stephen Colbert (and John Stewart), watch almost daily. I had to check out the Alamaze player list I got from Patrick (Phil's son) in March and there he is: Stephen Colbert. Groovy!

To confirm what Kalrex said, this an excerpt from the Wiki bio for Colbert:

21][25] He developed a love of science fiction and fantasy novels, especially the works of J. R. R. Tolkien, of which he remains an avid fan. During his adolescence, he also developed an intense interest in fantasy role-playing games, especially Dungeons & Dragons,[25][26] a pastime which he later characterized as an early experience in acting and improvisation.[5]

Do you think I should offer him a free setup in exchange for an appearance on his show?Cool

Maybe Alamaze can get the legendary "Colbert Bump" ?

MAYBE Colbert is playing even now and we don't realize he's among us. He could just be pretending to be some regular shmuck named DuPont or something. (Hey, DuPont mentioned he named his persona after a political candidate...I may be onto something here!)

He did a tribute to Gygax when he passed away as well.

(04-20-2013, 12:44 AM)Jumbie Wrote: MAYBE Colbert is playing even now and we don't realize he's among us. He could just be pretending to be some regular shmuck named DuPont or something. (Hey, DuPont mentioned he named his persona after a political candidate...I may be onto something here!)
lol, I'd like to claim that level of fame, but (a) I'm from the Bahamas and (b) I tend to support Republicans - of which Pierre DuPont IV was one, albiet one from the libertarian wing of the party. But now I'm wondering if I played in any of the games with Colbert.

He was one of the few reasons I looked over the entire list.

Where is this list anyway?

Does it give what periods people were active in?

I think this adequately demonstrates Colbert's "geek cred":

http://popwatch.ew.com/2013/04/01/peter-...rt-hobbit/