Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A game variant suggestion
Here is something that I think would be an interesting game variant:
6 vs 6 team game played to 20 turns.

No victory conditions. The winning team is the one the most status points on turn 20.

Status points are only for control of a city. Say 50 points per turn for each city controlled.

I think this would be an interesting experiment. Kind of like a Call of Duty domination game. It would create both offense and defense around cities.

I would remove AN DE UN.

Seems like a tie would be a very possible outcome, here.

(09-14-2013, 11:18 PM)DuPont Wrote: Seems like a tie would be a very possible outcome, here.

good point

(09-15-2013, 03:11 AM)Hawk_ Wrote:
(09-14-2013, 11:18 PM)DuPont Wrote: Seems like a tie would be a very possible outcome, here.

good point

Make Avalon worth an extra 5 points! Smile
Lord Brogan

156 - GN

completely different strategy, completely different game experience!

I love this idea!

In honor of football howabout a two team six on six game. The catch is a draft. There could be a team with the AN and DE on the same team. team 1 goes for 1st pic, team 2 gets second and 3rd pic. starting location is random and only thing for sure is if say you are the GI or BL your primary froup will be in a mountain range.

(09-16-2013, 03:34 AM)Titus Wrote: In honor of football howabout a two team six on six game. The catch is a draft. There could be a team with the AN and DE on the same team. team 1 goes for 1st pic, team 2 gets second and 3rd pic. starting location is random and only thing for sure is if say you are the GI or BL your primary froup will be in a mountain range.

What football? I don't get it.

football has interesting score system, field goal 3 point, touch down 6 point, etc.

if holding the city for one turn is 1 point, then holding a city for consecutive turns above ten consecutive turns may give you 1 extra point per turn starting on the 11th turn, I can see there are many possible variations.

(09-16-2013, 01:21 PM)Lord1 Wrote:
(09-16-2013, 03:34 AM)Titus Wrote: In honor of football howabout a two team six on six game. The catch is a draft. There could be a team with the AN and DE on the same team. team 1 goes for 1st pic, team 2 gets second and 3rd pic. starting location is random and only thing for sure is if say you are the GI or BL your primary froup will be in a mountain range.

What football? I don't get it.

football has interesting score system, field goal 3 point, touch down 6 point, etc.

if holding the city for one turn is 1 point, then holding a city for consecutive turns above ten consecutive turns may give you 1 extra point per turn starting on the 11th turn, I can see there are many possible variations.

The thing that I think would be interesting about this variant is it would create more action at the cities. I would expect more group combat would occur there and I think that would be interesting.

It would also encourage coordination between a bunch of players.

Just an idea to keep the game fresh.

I am also looking forward to the 3rd cycle version and the Classic updates Ry Vor recently released.

The draft lie fantasy football. No points just a draft with no set teams. Like Peyton Manning handing off the ball to AP