Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Duel
I was thinking, sometimes you are pitched against an adversary who is good, but also has help. Then I thought, how could we have two rivals go just against each other, and would they even want to do so? So I thought I would bring it up here. Would it be worth having sort of a challenge, potentially even a ladder (like tennis) system of 1v1 in Alamaze?

I haven't spoken to Cipher about this, so perhaps its not economically feasible. But if it were, would you want a 1v1 challenge match? While we technically have that option with Titan, it is true, Will, but strangely not all of us (me included) are always ready for a 6 v 6 kingdom gray-matter meltdown. This 1 v 1 might be more, say, approachable?

So what I have in mind as of now is involving no setup changes:
1. Only 2 kingdoms are active.
2. Only 3 regions matter for control and victory.
3. 48 hour turnaround max (ignoring weekends, so M - W - F, alternating TU - TH).
4. $16 setup. Undetermined whether this would count as 1 or 2 slots in service level.

The game is won when one kingdom or the other controls 2 of the 3 regions relevant to that game for two consecutive turns.

Here are the first three possibilities under consideration:
1. EL vs. WI. The three regions are Oakendell, The Northern Mists, and Amberland.
2. RD vs. GI. The three regions are The Talking Mountains, Amberland, and Runnimede.
3. The SO vs. RA. The three regions are Amberland, The Eastern Steppes, and Synisvania.

What do you think?

I might be interested in this if it were one slot. Probably wouldn't be for two slots.

(09-21-2013, 10:51 PM)HeadHoncho Wrote: I might be interested in this if it were one slot. Probably wouldn't be for two slots.

I would probably try this at least once.

The game concept is good but allow players their choice in which kingdom to play would be better. Even if it's the same like GI vs GI or such. You'll get more people signing up for this variation and it will allow players the chance to test out certain strategies if they want.

Also, how about allowing the good ole standard victory as a possible win condition (control 5 regions). Many players have never experience what a standard victory is like so this new format may allow them the first chance of doing so.