Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HC bids
What is the highest you've seen a council seat go for?

38,000 on T1 seemed like a lot to me (12 kingdom game). Funnily enough there were no bids on T2.
-This Khal Drogo, it's said he has a hundred thousand men in his horde

(05-22-2014, 05:30 PM)Drogo Wrote: What is the highest you've seen a council seat go for?

38,000 on T1 seemed like a lot to me (12 kingdom game). Funnily enough there were no bids on T2.

It depends on the game and turn. 38,000 isn't too unusual IMO. 2 points of influence would be 30K.

Later in the game you might see 200,000. Depends on if there is an alliance using the HC offensively.

Someone seems to over pay on turn 1. I consider being on the HC a temp position so spending more than 15 seems a bit high to me. Usually turn 2 and 3 are the best times to bid.
Lord Brogan

156 - GN

There is a big advantage to getting the first High Council seat, assuming you also issue an order to name the first issue on Turn 1.

If successful, you'll gain 1 influence for being on the HC, one influence for passing your first issue resolved on T2, and neither one counted as a King order, leaving that open to Enamor perhaps, or yet another influence increase.

Some kingdoms have had being on the High Council as part of the Early Strategic Objective, or part of the Secret Victory conditions. With the new ESO and SVC on the horizon, a kingdom can choose to have being a member of the HC as part of either one of those.

Also, being first on the HC means you can generally influence / encourage an ally to get perhaps the 3rd seat, and possibly from there the 5th seat, in order to control the High Council, which can be quite powerful.

For most kingdoms, 38K is a reasonable price. For the Ancient Ones and Demon Princes, who have no skeletons, even higher is easily justified. Of course, using 38k on turn 1 means you will put off some other early desires, and need to commit to communication with the other HC members. Normally, your vote on a given issue might be worth 5k to a kingdom and can cement an understanding.

The HC seat may not be as valuable in an anonymous game as there is no coordination of voting.

I think the hive mind is still cyphering on how much a bid should be in Primeval (5 player, 5 kingdom), as eventually all kingdoms will be on. But of course knowing that, all kingdoms are much more motivated to gather skeletons in the closet on their fellow competitors.

In individual games, I'd generally expect either the AN or DE to try for the first seat. As Mouser pointed out, they have no skeletons and it hurts their natural enemy. Other than that, GI, RD, and BL are likely candidates since they need the orders for the recruitment/transfer aspect of their nations.