Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Primeval games
I was wondering something about the primeval games. If I am correct, it is a contest with five people playing an unchanging set of kingdoms.

My concern is this: Do the kingdoms get more than the standard four groups? If not, it would be very hard to wage a war.

Ry Vor has said in the past that players who arrange private games can change the starting player kingdoms by mutual consent.

You can request a game with Twists as well (+4 orders above influence, 5 groups).

Either way, the issue isn't waging war...it's bringing the war to a successful conclusion as the abundant production available makes it quite difficult to eliminate a kingdom.

For the 5 kingdoms involved in current primeval matches. War is not an issue.
BL can move 8 squares basically covering a region a turn
GI move 5-7 squares but starts in the center of the map
GN and EL can teleport when they need to.
DW has a portal to reach R7 otherwise can reach close regions in two turns.

Adding more groups tends to favor army makers like BL and GI.

I'd like to get more feedback from the players who have experienced Primeval. I'd like to consider it as a good introduction for brand new or returning players and also to see how new strategies are emerging for experienced players.

We'll probably introduce a new variant with five different kingdoms - like the three wizard positions and possibly the Elves and Gnomes or Dark Elves or Rangers.

(05-24-2014, 05:48 PM)Ry Vor Wrote: I'd like to get more feedback from the players who have experienced Primeval. I'd like to consider it as a good introduction for brand new or returning players and also to see how new strategies are emerging for experienced players.

We'll probably introduce a new variant with five different kingdoms - like the three wizard positions and possibly the Elves and Gnomes or Dark Elves or Rangers.

I think a Primeval game would be a great new player setup.

Probably easier than a 15 player game.